World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Janie725c

Questions about blood test

Janie725c

Hi! I signed up on here a couple of months ago.  I had a visual positive diagnosis of herpes from Plannec Parenthood a little over two years ago, almost three. I took medicine, and haven't had an outbreak since.  It was so painful, I can't imagine what that could have been if it wasn't an outbreak....

So, just this past week I decided to face my fears and become more knowledgeable. I got tested through stdcheck (FPK Services) and used a Labcorp near me. I got all ten major STD tests. Three of the tests said if the number was less then a certain number, then the results were negative. All the rest were purely negative. Final results back: I am negative and have no stds!

I'm thinking of doing one more panel test somewhere else, just to be sure. What do you think? I've been told the most reliable is the culture swab (does that happen only during an outbreak?), the Westernblot test and the test specific test (I got the test specific test done), but I' just not sure if I should get another type of test just to make sure.   Also, I know there is a window as to the waiting period to get tested. Since my potential one and only outbreak happened almost three years ago, are these results that I got today accurate? They said it was 97% accurate. My last question is this:  would you take these results to heart, or would you get another type of blood test or culture done?

I wanted to take the time and thank everyone who has been so kind and helpful to me on here. You have helped me get through a difficult time. If I can do anything for anyone, and be here as a support, please just email me. If you have any insight on if you think I should trust my results, please let me know. I'm just suspicious of the results after what I went through, I guess.   Thank you!

Blahdittilyblah

Idk it's always hard to say. I had a PCR done that said I was positive. No OB or symptoms since the first one and it's been a year. I just got another test done last week and it still says I'm negative for either type. My ex's blood came back positive so I feel even though my blood a year later says no but my PCR and my ex's say yes then I have to have it regardless of multiple blood test that say I don't and not having anything else strange happen down there. 

selu

janie you were on suppresive therapy for 3 years? i believe you are very lucky that your blood tests shows negative.  from what i have been reading thewestern blot is the most reliable

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Sarah889
      Really wasn't sure which topic to put this in! I'm guessing a lot of you will have seen the recent news that Mel B was rushed to hospital thinking she was blind from her eye herpes.  I know she's not as famous as she used to be, but I really don't understand why celebrities with a big presence aren't doing anything about this, such as fundraising for a cure or even just talking about it to raise awareness. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think she's ever spoken about it before!  She clearly suffers from some bad symptoms. Thinking that you've gone blind must have been one of the most terrifying experiences, and to me, after that ordeal I would try and do everything in my power to raise awareness and find a cure.  Maybe she just doesn't know about all the vaccination research that's currently happening, and how many of these places need the extra funding to keep going?  Not sure where I'm going with this 😂 But does anyone think it's worth getting in contact with her about raising some awareness?
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Alda whatever is going on for your arm you can rest assured it is not at all likely to be herpes. Could the blister type things be from the massage causing irritation, perhaps even contact dermatitis? If you aren't seeing improvement soon consider seeing the doctor but it doesn't strike me as anything of much concern.
    • Alda
      I need help; i went and got a massage and 2 days later my upper arm feels super sore and is red with 3 blister type things, each about a small pea size the place I got a massage at was  not very sanitary , it was hot in there and the masseuse was sweating I think (i do have the down south H but haven’t had a breakout in about a year and I still don’t.) my arm does not itch just super sore. I wonder what is on my arm. any ideas?
    • Quest
      It did! There are combinations you can take that will not give you this effect, I just didn't want to do medication anymore. What I am doing https://www.amazon.com/MakingCosmetics-BHT-4-4oz-125g/dp/B01DE780OS read Steve Fowkes free book BHT1/8 t in coconut liquid MCT chain oil. Extremely hard to dissolve. I leave it for a day, must read Steve Fowkes free book online, overdose gets people dizzy! More is not better! Oils will also not get Rancid if you put some in your cooking oils! whole food vitamin, glutamine 3x one gram, suggested by case9 love it DHEA,25mg, most people who breakout have low levels lugols iodine worked way to four drops. Fulvic acid minerals. Thyriod granular meds   When I used to have obs I used monolaurin and st.John s wort. I used diaper rash cream for obs I also still spray genitals with zinc sulfate mixed with water. I learned it kills any virus plus summer sweat won't smell at all!  There is one thing I will not be without and that's BHT and zinc sulfate
    • blurneworder
      Did your hair grow back?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.