World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Janie725c

Questions about blood test

Janie725c

Hi! I signed up on here a couple of months ago.  I had a visual positive diagnosis of herpes from Plannec Parenthood a little over two years ago, almost three. I took medicine, and haven't had an outbreak since.  It was so painful, I can't imagine what that could have been if it wasn't an outbreak....

So, just this past week I decided to face my fears and become more knowledgeable. I got tested through stdcheck (FPK Services) and used a Labcorp near me. I got all ten major STD tests. Three of the tests said if the number was less then a certain number, then the results were negative. All the rest were purely negative. Final results back: I am negative and have no stds!

I'm thinking of doing one more panel test somewhere else, just to be sure. What do you think? I've been told the most reliable is the culture swab (does that happen only during an outbreak?), the Westernblot test and the test specific test (I got the test specific test done), but I' just not sure if I should get another type of test just to make sure.   Also, I know there is a window as to the waiting period to get tested. Since my potential one and only outbreak happened almost three years ago, are these results that I got today accurate? They said it was 97% accurate. My last question is this:  would you take these results to heart, or would you get another type of blood test or culture done?

I wanted to take the time and thank everyone who has been so kind and helpful to me on here. You have helped me get through a difficult time. If I can do anything for anyone, and be here as a support, please just email me. If you have any insight on if you think I should trust my results, please let me know. I'm just suspicious of the results after what I went through, I guess.   Thank you!

Blahdittilyblah

Idk it's always hard to say. I had a PCR done that said I was positive. No OB or symptoms since the first one and it's been a year. I just got another test done last week and it still says I'm negative for either type. My ex's blood came back positive so I feel even though my blood a year later says no but my PCR and my ex's say yes then I have to have it regardless of multiple blood test that say I don't and not having anything else strange happen down there. 

selu

janie you were on suppresive therapy for 3 years? i believe you are very lucky that your blood tests shows negative.  from what i have been reading thewestern blot is the most reliable