World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Jemel09

Does anyone else get fever and muscle aches before each outbreak?

grayumbrella

I get quite bad leg, butt, flank pain a few days before the outbreak. It hurts terribly to urinate as well. I can't say I get a fever or swollen glands - just a lot of pain / aches. Nothing seems to take it away - Tylenol etc doesn't touch it.

I'm used to it though (8yr). It sucks, but don't mind it too much - it's a clear indication that an outbreak is on the way.

Lisajd

It is possible that you are getting a virus and then the outbreak is as a result of the virus. that is normally not the other way around.   I got an outbreak and then a few days later I've ended up with the flu so hence I know my immune system is depleted

Disc0rdant

Before my last ob(ohsv1), I felt sick and slept the better part of 2 days.   Then the ob happened.  Not sure if it is a chicken/egg thing...

VladimirM
On 6/29/2017 at 3:12 AM, Jemel09 said:

If so, is there anything that helps

Yes. I have the same symptoms. Glutamine and bcaa helps.

VladimirM
On 6/29/2017 at 3:12 AM, Jemel09 said:

If so, is there anything that helps

Zink oksid helps. 2 mg/kg/day.

Sma9510

I know an outbreak is coming when I get a low-grade fever, around 98.8-99.1 usually. I also get nerve pain in my back. The only thing that helps is time really. I double up on Valtrex for a couple days and take Tylenol/ibuprofen to reduce the fever. It usually lasts about a week and I’m able to stop the outbreak before it occurs.