World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Puni

Scrotum nerve pain and headache herpes

Puni

Hi guys, 

I got genital  herpes a month back, I'm having random pain in left and right  nerves to the testicles in scrotum. 

I had breakouts but very minor in my penis head, I'm having continues  headaches after my first outbreak. It's been three weeks my headache has not gone. I'm feeling suicidal everyday. 

I started taking herpe rescue supplements , but no help. My igm was positive after two weeks of exposure. 

Joe1976

You need more accurate tests to make any conclusion. 

Puni

So nobody is experiencing scrotum pain and headaches? Shit this virus is killing me badly, I'm only 26,one sex ruined my life :(

WilsoInAus

This does not sound a lot like herpes. What testing have you had performed?

Joe1976

If i understand correctly you have been diagnosed by IGM antibodycount? This test is not accurate at all to begin with as there is plenty things triggering false positives 80% of time. If your "rash" reoccurs please go get another opinion and get IGG type specific blood test at 12-16 weeks from this encounter, this way you can be sure what you have or don't. 

Puni

First hsv1+2 test was conducted two weeks post exposure, where igg came negative but igm came positive which means recent infection, but i had small outbreaks next week, blisters were very small and it healed in two days in the penal head. But my major worry is I'm getting random nerve pain in scrotum which is causing me problems to do day today work.  Mild headache /migraine which is not going even after three weeks. Now it's been 10 weeks post exposure, i do get burning pain in penal head by nerve pain is very bad at times. I'm constantly worried suicidal and in anxiety after the first episode. 

MoniqueLow
2 hours ago, Puni said:

First hsv1+2 test was conducted two weeks post exposure, where igg came negative but igm came positive which means recent infection, but i had small outbreaks next week, blisters were very small and it healed in two days in the penal head. But my major worry is I'm getting random nerve pain in scrotum which is causing me problems to do day today work.  Mild headache /migraine which is not going even after three weeks. Now it's been 10 weeks post exposure, i do get burning pain in penal head by nerve pain is very bad at times. I'm constantly worried suicidal and in anxiety after the first episode. 

We have neuropathy support thread here, I will ask to add you. You're not alone, don't worry. It will get better, trust me. I was suicidal because of pain and other health issues for few months after initial outbreak, but now it's like 50% better (6months) and I hope it can still improve.

MoniqueLow
5 hours ago, Puni said:

So nobody is experiencing scrotum pain and headaches? Shit this virus is killing me badly, I'm only 26,one sex ruined my life :(

Try st John Wort for anxiety (it's natural antidepressant), colostrum and propolis for immune system, Amitriptylin for nerve pain, and there are also discussions that shingles vax can reduce the pain - please take time to go through threads here regarding that and other threads recommending other treatment options, there are plenty. Take care. Wishing you get better soon.

MoniqueLow

@Puni also, I take L-CARNITINE daily. Acetyl-L-carnitin is recommended for diabetic neuropathy. 

Be careful about StJohn Wort and amitriptylin combination as both are antidepressants.

Also, I have read amazing post about glutamine here on HC, I haven't tried it.

Then maybe vitamin B shots (prescribed by doctor) can be helpful. This treatment is used after shingles for nerves recovery.

More over, treat your body as if you have virosis - enough sleep, vitamins, rest,... I started to use many vitamins and minerals to help my body (zink, vit B, selenium, lysin, magnesium,...), I don't know if it has effects, for sure it won't harm.

For some high lysine diet works, it doesn't for me, I think. I just try to avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners. I'm eating healthy and almost low-carb.

You have to try what works for you. Definitely the main factor is time and your body and its ability to heal itself. 

To help with depression, we all hope bright times are waiting for us - check the research section. In a nutshell, there should be new treatment coming - GEN vax, theravax, some new drugs.,.. and hopefully real cure with Gene editing. All of it is still couple years away, so now it's important to get better enough and live fully while waiting. 

Good luck!

WilsoInAus
6 hours ago, Puni said:

Whoa boy, whoa whoa! Let's slow this right down. 

@Puniplease make a choice. You can disappear into google doctor fantasy land or you can clear your head, blank your mind and focus on the points I am about to raise.

Please do not listen to any point raise by @MoniqueLowas they are dangerous without proper diagnosis and doctor's guidance; they come from a disturbed unstable person and I have reported the posts for moderators to take action and hopefully remove based on their assessment against forum rules as well as intention.

The first issue this that needs to be understood is exactly what exposure did you have? Did you kiss? Did you cuddle? Did you receive oral sex? Did you have protected vaginal sex? etc.

Next, you need to appreciate that symptoms are downstream of lesions. Without lesions, you cannot simply assume any symptom is related to herpes. Most nerve endings toward the testicles are not on the same nerve branches as those infected for genital herpes.

IgM testing is incorrect for adults, it is a mistake that the test was even applied to you. There is no diagnostic value in it at all.

You indicate that you are at 10 weeks. Well 12 weeks will give you a conclusive result on the IgG test. I have little doubts it will be negative.

Please stay with me here, make a choice, the fantasy of the bewildered or your reality?!?

Lisajd
4 hours ago, MoniqueLow said:

We have neuropathy support thread here, I will ask to add you. You're not alone, don't worry. It will get better, trust me. I was suicidal because of pain and other health issues for few months after initial outbreak, but now it's like 50% better (6months) and I hope it can still improve.

This person has not had a positive diagnosis yet so it is unwise to be suggesting all sorts of treatments and things to try at this point in time until a diagnosis is confirmed

Devasher

As stated, await confirmation from Igg testing not Igm, yes it could be an indicator of recent infection or it could be a false alarm. 

Second, you want to make sure that all tests are performed for chlamydia, syphilis etc to ensure that the burning you speak of is not something that antibiotics would treat. 

Third, HSV-2 is goes to the sacral ganglia to hide, so I cannot see headaches are related to HSV-2 beyond the stress of the potential diagnosis (but I'm not a doctor so idk). In that case I definitely encourage those things that are good for mental health (starting with exercise, breathing, meditation/yoga, keeping busy, focusing on hobbies/activities/social activities even if you don't feel like it). Consider medications such as Valtrex for daily use or when outbreaks start once confirmed. 

In the end, the stress of it all makes the entire situation worse (and affects the immune system negatively), if you are newly diagnosed then for many the immune system will do a better job of targeting and killing HSV-2 the more experience it has, particularly after the first year. It took a solid 6 months before I started to have symptoms under control, in the meantime I kept going out and socializing, keeping myself busy, and went to the doctor when different symptoms popped up. Eventually it was determined that an allergy to zinc oxide cream was likely creating a rash that I assumed was HSV-related. So consider all angles before assuming things are related.  

MoniqueLow

@Devasher, of course hsv 2 can cause headaches, read please

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/553327_3

http://www.meningitis.org/disease-info/types-causes/viral-meningitis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mollaret's_meningitis

Meningitis is quite common with first initial outbreak and for some individuals it can be recurrent. Hsv is not just skin condition, it effects nerves.

Edited by MoniqueLow

MoniqueLow

Aseptic meningitis occurs in 36% of women with primary HSV-2 genital infection and 13% of men5; it results in hospitalization for 6.4% of infected women and 1.6% of infected men.5Aseptic meningitis is a rare manifestation of primary HSV-1 genital infection and a rare complication of recurrent genital infections due to HSV-1 and HSV-2. During the prodrome of genital herpes and concomitant with the herpetic eruption, affected patients experience headache, neck stiffness, and low-grade fever. Back, buttock, perineal, and lower extremity pain may be associated with urinary retention and constipation.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/795486

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, MoniqueLow said:

@Devasher, of course hsv 2 can cause headaches, read please

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/553327_3

http://www.meningitis.org/disease-info/types-causes/viral-meningitis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mollaret's_meningitis

Meningitis is quite common with first initial outbreak and for some individuals it can be recurrent. Hsv is not just skin condition, it effects nerves.

Are we talking about an initial HSV-2 infection here?

Please care enough about others to find out!

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, MoniqueLow said:

And yeah, @WilsoInAus doesn't have herpes, but he knows the best how it is to have it... 

It is irrelevant whether you or I do or do not have have herpes. It is irrelevant what experiences you or I have with or without herpes.

What does matter is substance of knowledge and how that is shared with a focus, love and care for others.

MoniqueLow
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

It is irrelevant whether you or I do or do not have have herpes. It is irrelevant what experiences you or I have with or without herpes.

What does matter is substance of knowledge and how that is shared with a focus, love and care for others.

Love and care for others? From you? That's a good one... Our feelings is the last thing you care about. You underestimate our pain, our health issues and anything what doesn't fit with your "hsv knowledge". You are just broken record as you were called by one of your many opponents here on HC.

WilsoInAus

I do not such thing, if you actually read my posts now and again you might actually appreciate things a little a better.

The only 'opponents' I may have on here are complete and utter fakes who troll this website, demeaning and defacing it. If this is the definition of opponents then that is fine.

Once again you have shown a disgraceful lack of respect to posters and others trying to help them. You need to reflect upon what this says about you. Please try to find solace and peace.

It is very sad to see someone so consumed with their fears and self obsessed to have the awareness to remove them from the inner demons. Please talk to someone you can trust or a therapist.

Please reflect on why you feel the need to make a post such as that above and what it says about you as a human being and little love and respect you show others. Please rejoin us soon in love.

Puni

Thanks everyone, This happened with a sex worker, where i was involved in unprotected oral and protected intercourse where condom broke on ejaculation :(, this was my first sex out of peer pressure or my curiosity killed me, immediately after exposure next day i started getting irritation in penis and lower back scrotum nerve pain, i continued to trek in himalayas and i completed the trek with this damn virus, I'm from India, herpes is pretty rear here, i didn't know about this, now i do remember she had a cold sore in her lips, I'm scared of hiv too, 8 weeks hiv test came negative, but still Window period is 3 months. Doctors are pretty inexperienced here, they only think this as some skin infection and gives anti virals. Since one month i have gone mad reading the Internet about cures and vaccine, even thought of buying a DIY crispr kit to build your our vaccine :/

WilsoInAus

You are over-reading things that is for sure mate. If the HIV test you had was a 4th generation for antigen and antibody then that is a definitive result.

Herpes cannot, that's correct, cannot cause issues the day after infection. Your stress is playing a very big part here. Try to relax and get the IgG test at 12 weeks.

Herpes is not rare in India, its as common as most places, especially for HSV-1!

MoniqueLow
1 hour ago, Puni said:

Thanks everyone, This happened with a sex worker, where i was involved in unprotected oral and protected intercourse where condom broke on ejaculation :(, this was my first sex out of peer pressure or my curiosity killed me, immediately after exposure next day i started getting irritation in penis and lower back scrotum nerve pain, i continued to trek in himalayas and i completed the trek with this damn virus, I'm from India, herpes is pretty rear here, i didn't know about this, now i do remember she had a cold sore in her lips, I'm scared of hiv too, 8 weeks hiv test came negative, but still Window period is 3 months. Doctors are pretty inexperienced here, they only think this as some skin infection and gives anti virals. Since one month i have gone mad reading the Internet about cures and vaccine, even thought of buying a DIY crispr kit to build your our vaccine :/

Cold sore on her lip and unprotected oral sex doesn't sound good... Sorry to say that. The symptoms the next  day sounds improbable though. Nerve and atypical symptoms are more associated with genital hsv 1. I have that. I hope you are negative. Keep us updated. Good luck.

Edited by MoniqueLow

WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, MoniqueLow said:

Cold sore on her lip and unprotected oral sex doesn't sound good... Sorry to say that. Nerve pain and atypical symptoms are more associated with genital hsv 1. I have that. I still hope you are negative. Keep us updated. Good luck.

This is incorrect information.

Nerve pain and atypical symptoms are less associated with genital HSV-1 than HSV-2. As always, these symptoms occur with lesions and not on their own in most every instance.

Again we have here a young man who is most concerned about an exposure with a CSW. We not focus on the the reality of psychology and facilitate his mind, body and soul toward his better health with positivity and not delusional, veiled and negative comments. 

@MoniqueLowI have again reported your post to moderators as inappropriate and you have been warned multiple times now. You do not have genital HSV-1 and your casting of allusions that you do and invalid comparisons to the circumstances of others is only serving to continue doubt in their minds and potentially push them further to despair. Once again, what has anyone done to deserve such bitterness, negativity, falsehoods and derision that you show the kind people who come here looking for honesty, integrity and genuine commentary and not complete fakes. Please, you need to help yourself before you can help others as there is no peace inside yourself and the abject narcissistic disorder undertones in your posts are harming people. Do some research on this and make a promise to yourself to change. Please PM for more information this.