World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Chris h

Wondering if I have herpes

Chris h

Hi, 

Sexually active 40 something male. Other day found what I thought was a small cut on head of penis. Was found after fooling around with someone and figured it was a minor cut from fingernail. Not oozing. Urination normal. No pain unless I prod at it, and it is minor. 

Lower lip has a soreness to it. No blister. No crust. No ooze. Redness, small cuts around inside of mouth. Noticed more so after eating spicy food tonite. 

Is this potentially herpes, or perhaps just coincidental conditions? Thoughts? 

LynnT

Do you and your other play rough? Sounds like normal wear and tear lol. If you're really concerned ask your Dr for the blood test for both types.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I made it to month four without a visible sign of an outbreak. I had a really bad outbreak in the ending of April and was diagnosed with GHSV1. My initial outbreak took about a month to heal and left scars (a lighter pigmentation from my overall complexion on my genitals). Sadly I have been ridiculously paranoid to the point I have taken two 7 day treatments of Valtrex. More than likely it was probably just yeast infections (I get them way more than I should, even before getting hsv). I also take lysine twice a day and three times a day when I feel like an outbreak is coming on. I’ve been applying tea tree to my genitals everyday since getting diagnosed to dry out any potential outbreaks that are present that I possibly mistake for an ingrown hair. When does the worrying stop? How often have anyone on this forum with GHSV1 get outbreaks? What’s are some good tips and tricks?
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I am new to the herpes world. I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 on May 17th. I was dating two guys at once (one I was sexually active with and someone else). The last person I had sex with, I am pretty sure he’s the one that gave it to me. I did disclose to all of my sex partners using text free because I was too embarrassed to reveal myself. But anyway, today I disclosed to the other guy I was seeing when I found out that I was gHSV-1 positive. We have been seeing one another one to two time a week and have planned basically our whole summer out. Even though he wanted to take it slow we are most definitely sexually attracted to one another and planned on having sex somewhere along the lines. This morning I decided to disclose via text that I have ghsv-1. I gave him some fact/transmission rates and have left everything in his hands. He’s currently at work and asked if it’ll be okay for him to call me when he gets off. Let’s see how this turns out. I am prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. I will keep you guys posted.
    • Chsr
      By Chsr
      Hello everyone, so I have this issue with my girlfriend. To make a long story short we've been dating for a about 8 months now and told her I had hsv2 after we had a night of drinking and and getting physical in the sheets with out protection , something I wasn't completely thinking about or in the right state to even think about it.

So about 2 weeks after I started feeling really guilty about it and told her that I have hsv2 , at first she was pissed...well for a while and I really like her a lot. Of course we are still together and use protection every time but my problem is she goes through fazes of being really pissed off about me having it and the possibility of giving it to her and dont know what to do . During that faze she doesn't like to talk to me and pushes me away and I stay away for a few days and this has happened a few times . And when I ask her if she wants to stay together and if she cares about me, she says she does. ITS REALLLY CONFUSING AND HEART WRENCHING not knowing during that time if she just wants to leave me .

Shes been tested right after I told her with negative results but sometimes it can take a while as you k how to show up and now shes convinced that she has it and is determined she does and doesn't want to go back to see that she does or doesn't on paper .

What do I do about the relationship issue and fazes she goes through?? 

And any other advice is appreciated,  thank you for reading and feed back :)

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I have recently been diagnosed with ghsv-1. I am traveling to Mexico soon tomorrow and my outbreak hasn’t completely healed as of yet. It’s been a week since taking the medicine and about a week and a half before noticing the outbreak. Even though it’s not painful to pass urine anymore but I’ve been pooping a lot and feel like I’m getting another outbreak inside of my anus. Are there any essentials that I should pack in order to subside the pain? Whilst home I’ve been taking epsom salt baths and adding tea tree oil to my sores. 
    • TaylorNicks
      By TaylorNicks
      Hello! I’m new here, I found out about 8 months ago that I am living with Herpes. I have been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. I was infected last January. I was out with friends and went to an after party at a mutual friends, friends, party. I ended up getting drugged and raped. I woke up the next morning, covered in my own blood and in an unfamiliar place. Once I got home, I realized I had the worst pain in my genital area. Later to get tested and be positive for herpes. It’s one thing to have herpes, it’s another to have received them through rape.
      Anyway, When I found out, I didn’t tell my boyfriend, I was unsure how he would react. It came out one night when I was drunk and he was so angry with me. We are still together and moving to a new state together. But he continues to bring up the fact that I have it and he is terrified he’s going to get it. How can I comfort him, how can we get our relationship back to how it was before he knew? We used to be extremely sexually active (twice a day), now it’s like twice a month, with a condom. 
      My boyfriend could not cope with the fact that i had it and that he still has not gotten it, he made me get a third test done for his satisfaction. Ive now had 4 tests done. Two came back slightly positive, like .2% over the “ inconclusive” results, one completely negative, and one positive. Help?? What does this mean?
      I have done research for a black market cure, has anyone else? 
      I found one that is being studied in the  Caribbean  and Mexico. Has anyone else seen anything else about this? 
      Or know any homeopathic  cures?
      Thanks for your help. And for reading this long post! 
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.