World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lali

Herpes around eye

lali

Has anyone here had herpes around their eyes? I just woke up from a nap and found a white bump on my eye bag. Freaked out and popped it. It hurted a lot after popping. Now it's I have a swollen bump on my eye bag. Herpes is usually in clustered but can also only be one. Could this be Herpes? I have a picture but it's too large for the site. I'm freaking out. 

Ps I do have genital herpes 

WilsoInAus

That is not typically what is meant by herpes of the eye. In most every case, a person's oral infection is responsible with the virus travelling up the optic nerves to be behind the retina and cause pain and issues from there.

HarrisonIs

I had this fear also when I was first diagnosed however I was reassured by pretty much everyone I spoke to about it that it's VERY rare that you could spread it to yourself in another area. It tends to be HSV1 that spreads to the eyes and as Wilso said above its usually on the eyeballs itself. Just make sure to wash your hands well after touching your gentials before touching your eyes and you should be fine. 

Just try and relax and not panic! If it starts looking worse, or that it looks like it might be the virus just head over to a doctors as soon as you can :)

WilsoInAus

The main point though is that it doesn't typically spread; herpes of the eye comes internally, not externally.

lali

I freak out everyday about spreading the virus. Im even wondering if i have it in my mouth also (not on the lips). I feel a little reassure about the eye area thou. 

Dreamer10

I had this same question a couple of weeks ago.  I currently have pain around my eye,redness in the white area of my eye, and bump on my eye lid (all of which the optometry blog says are symptoms) however, I went to an eye doctor Friday and outside of the bump no other symptoms were noticeably present.  The optometrist did a visual and a light contraption (not sure of the name) eye exam and said my eyes were healthy and no infection.   I am still concerned because today it has been painful and red.  

Lisajd

If it is in the corner of your eye it could be just a stye.  Lali try and do something to distract you from constantly thinking that everything is herpes related.  Looking at all of your past you really spend a lot of time overthinking this and admitted yourself you are up and down