World's Largest Herpes Support Group
HarrisonIs

Struggling to recognize Outbreaks!

HarrisonIs

Hello :)

I'm looking for some advice, I'm really struggling to recognize if I'm having an outbreak or not. I've had previous skin conditions of red dots and itchy skin as I had severe eczema as a child which has now thankfully cleared up. However, now being diagnosed with HSV1 gential about 10 months ago, I experience my primary (quite severe) OB and my secondary OB of only one minor lesion, I now find myself mulling over every red dot I find on my genitals. Currently I have a few red bumps under my foreskin which have left me wondering again whether or not I'm experiencing an OB :/ I was also awakened last night my a sudden sharp pang of itching/pain on my penis last night but and unsure if that was just boxers catching me or if it is linked!

I'm finding it very hard to know whether me and my partner are safe to have sex and am feeling it start to effect my confidence and I don't want to keep having to say no because I'm worrying!

I'd really appreciate any advice,

H

Worstguyever

I too on same feel.  I got it from exposure month before from there i have Herpes Symptoms of light fever, urinary retention and all.  But these small blisters it continuously coming on my both thighs back to back and going in 2-3 days for Past 3 week.  I am wondering is it called recurrent outbreak or my first outbreak itself continuing with Different blisters. I don't know how to deal with it. Hopefully you will get good info from Guys.  

HarrisonIs

Sorry to hear that!

Hope it clears up for you,  it may be that you're experiencing your primary and secondary back to back!

Worstguyever

@HarrisonIs. Thanks for the Support.  I am not sure but as you mentioned for me also same small redblisters 2-3 if its fade other start to come.  Are you in medication.  If so,  still getting these.  I not yet start any medicines and have to start. 

HarrisonIs

On 7/4/2017 at 6:20 AM, Worstguyever said:

@HarrisonIs. Thanks for the Support.  I am not sure but as you mentioned for me also same small redblisters 2-3 if its fade other start to come.  Are you in medication.  If so,  still getting these.  I not yet start any medicines and have to start. 

Hello :)

It was the odd red dot here and there but didn't really look like blisters so I was unsure. They're gone now anyway, they only lasted about 3 days! I didn't have any medication no but it sounds like something you should try :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• hk81
      By hk81
      Hi
      I need advices from people who have experience with ocular herpes.
      3 years ago I had a few meetings with an asshole liar that denied to have any disease.
      Despite my being careful, I could not avoid to get infected because of his careless attitude.
      2 days after one meeting I developed a small peripheral corneal ulcer in my left eye; my doctor didn't relate it to sexual diseases and after a few days of wrong treatment (she told me to put gentamicin cream in the eye!!), it went away. I believe that I may have touched my eyes carelessly, as it was late and it was my normal behavior from getting tired.
      After another meeting with the guy (about 1 month later), I developed blisters in my genital area. It was a large outbreak, like a primary one. I couldn't see the area well, but I think there were more blisters one near the other, very painful. They caused a large single ulcer which took 3 weeks to heal. I went to a STD ambulatory but the doctor, by looking at it (the healing ulcer), said that it didn't look like herpes. I asked for swabs. To my bad surprise, she did not even make an herpes test and she told me later that it was not tested in her hospital (!!). I have never had such a painful and long outbreak again later, but only very short and mild ones.
      2 months later the blister in the eye came back. I went to an optic and he prescribed me antibacterial drops and steroids.
      About one year later I had a diagnosis of HSV1 in the urethra, which increased my suspects that that person had HSV. He still denied everything and when I asked him to get tested, he blocked all my contacts (I'm still considering how to report such a person).
      For almost 2 years my eye didn't have any problem, even if I went into a lot of stress (relocation, new job, a person toying with my feelings and poor sleep periods with anxiety, lots of exposure to sun, ...).
      I also had several vaccinations (HPV, Hepatitis, Tetanus), which I have recently finished (and they make me wonder if they made any good to my immune system).

At the beginning of this year the problems with my eye started again.
      The first time I had small blisters in both eyes. In my left eye it's almost always in the same place. My right eye was never affected before.
      The second time I had again blisters in the left eye, this time after not much sleep and a day on the snow. Then in the right eye.
      I started visiting an ambulance for eye problems; every time I had a bad case of red eye, I went back to show it. In total I have been looked by 7 people, both when I had blisters and when I only had a bad red eye.
      Some of them stained my eye with pigments and watched through the lenses. Every time they told me it was not looking like herpes; probably they expected to see the typical branching lesion caused by herpes.
      Some of them said it was bacteria growing on my eye lids, some said I had dry eyes and my oil glands were obstructed. So most of the time I had indications to treat it with artificial tears or antibacterial drops and steroids (lotemax, prednisolone). One doctor once gave me acyclovir eye gel, not being sure if it really was herpes (after my indication).
      During the last visit (red eye only with no visible blisters, after a week end in the sun), I asked if I could get a swab. So they took it and they tested both chlamydia and Herpes. Both were negative.
      Despite their recommendation to use steroids, I applied also the acyclovir gel. I was surprised by the prescription of steroids without having properly tested for herpes. It is known that steroids reduce the immune response, that causes a proliferation of the virus and could make the infection worst.
      I applied the gel only to the affected eye. The redness would decrease significantly after 1 day and after 3 days it was almost looking normal. 1 week later after the start of the redness, the symptom appeared in the untreated eye. So I started to treat that eye in the same way. Then back again to the previous eye. And this continued from the beginning of the year until now (7 months).
      The redness is often accompanied with pain in the same side of my head. Often it happened after sun exposure (in summer period), biking for long, swimming training. Sometimes the affected eye has a small morning discharge near the lacrimal gland (yellow). Sometimes when I put artificial drops, I get some white patches on my eye lids, like if the tears are bringing out of my eye dead/dried skin.
      Many of these things are still making me suspect of herpes.
      So I would need some suggestions from people that have had the same problem. Can you relate to my symptoms? How did you get diagnosed? Is a swab a reliable test, or does it have many false negative? Did you get so many recurrences of red eye? And what did you do to stop them?
      I'm really depressed for what is happening to me and all the limitations that this is imposing me to my life. And also by the fact that I can't seem to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.
      Thank you for your help.
      L.
    • Rockstarnelly
      By Rockstarnelly
      Hi!

I just want to say how happy I was to discover this site! Being diagnosed can feel so lonely and absolutely NO ONE can even begin to imagine how painful this is. I just want to share the story of how I got diagnosed about 5 months ago and I’ve have three outbreaks since. I am not 100% sure how I got it because I had only been with my current boyfriend who was a virgin before me. I had an outbreak 5 months into our relationship and it was such a hard time because it was right when a very popular tv show I was on started the season.  I was secretly having the worst time while all my friends and family thought I must be so happy to be on TV for this series. 

Prior to dating my current boyfriend, the last time I had sex was a year and 2 months before the outbreak. The doctors always assured me it was extremely unlikely I got it from that partner so I was left in a place of confusion. I have oral herpes on my vagina and no one knows who it’s from.. and also my boyfriend got testing and was negative. I stopped questioning where I got it from cause it wouldn’t make the physical pain any less. Now I live in fear of infecting my boyfriend and I would never wish an outbreak on my worst enemy. It would hurt me so bad to give it to him. 

After the initial diagnosis, it took me a little more than a month to completely heal. 

I’m currently going through a back to back outbreak. I JUST healed from one that was lower on my vagina and now I’m experience one where I’ve never had it before. It’s on the front of my vagina, right about my lips and the outbreak dominates a wide area. This is a very uncomfortable place to have an outbreak because it’s always rubbing against something .

If anyone has gotten this far in this post, I’m asking if there are ANY solutions for the pain. There isn’t much knowledge that’s easily accessible on herpes on the internet and I’m sure it’s because of the stigma behind this virus, but it can happen to anyone and is surprisingly very common. I can never find actually useful information for the pain, but I will admit that when I had my first outbreak, smoking weed helped a lot. It stopped and/or lessened the pain significantly while I was high, but I don’t want to have to get high to numb the pain. I like natural remedies as well, I don’t like taking Advil’s unless I absolutely have to and I don’t take it for this cause it didn’t work for me in the past.  If anyone else has GHSV1, (I’m assuming that stands for genital HSV1 cause this site is the first time I’ve seen that) please send natural remedies that have worked in the past for you. Anything that helps with GHSV2 would help too so feel free to share too, I’m just assuming something that helps the same exact virus as me might work best. Even if no one responds, it sure as hell feels good to just write me story and feel like I belong to a group of people who suffer the same thing as me. Forums like this should be recommended at the doctor cause no one ever talks about the depression that comes with this virus. 

Peace and love y’all! I hope anyone else reading with a current outbreak starts to feel better soon. This shit sucks but we in this together!
    • Reg
      By Reg
      14 years into a monogamous relationship, my wife and I contracted herpes. I believe its hsv2, as it's on the genitals, (first outbreak in 2008, second in 2012). Nothing else
      Is it possible for herpes to arrive 14 yrs into a relationship? So confused. I'd swear she wouldn't cheat!
    • Teah12
      By Teah12
      https://imgur.com/a/n93G8I5 
      could I have herpes I’m 33 weeks pregnant. I have had trouble with BV and utis lately. Please help. I’m scared. The blisters have bled some but don’t hurt. 
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.