World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Robert1001

Really worried

Robert1001

Hello. A lump which I had about four months ago on my thigh has reappeared in the same place. It is swollen, sore, but feels really soft and moist. A bit of the skin peeled off leaving some raw skin. Does anyone know what this is. Thanks

received_10100477688088895.jpeg

received_10100476267830105.jpeg

Joe1976

If i'd worry about it i would go show it to dermatologist as its impossible to tell what this "bump" is. Could be nothing or some minor skin issue i guess. 

Sideways

Looks likes a skin abscess or a pressure sore, u should try a warm bath or a warm compress.  I used to get abscess bumps  between my legs because I used to use baby lotion and It threw my ph balance off and dryed  out my skin due to the frictions from both thighs rubbing togeter. I switch lotions to aveeno and don't have that problem anymore. If u sit a lot on one spot it could cause it too try  to avoid putting pressure on it till it shrinks.  I don't know exactly what it is and I'm no dermatologist but to me that's what it looks like. Also if it gets gigantic and it is a skin abscess it might need to be drained but like I said don't jump the gun off of my insight. Hope u feel better.  

Edited by Sideways

Robert1001

I am worried it may have been a herped outbreak as it is moist and sore. Can't find anything that looks like online as it isn't hard like a boil.

Edited by Robert1001
Change