World's Largest Herpes Support Group
lali

Dr. Halford has past away!

lali

Dr. Halford has past way end of june! I am going to cry! This is horrible news. I thank him for all he tried to do for us and all his hard work! But now im wondering if the vaccine has died with him...he was a great man. Hopefully his colleagues will be able to finish what he started not only for us but for all his years spend working on this.

Edited by lali

lali

I found out by going on his website. I wanted to ask him if he knew if herpes could give false positive to strep A rapid test and was shocked to see he had past away...

JJ2017
39 minutes ago, lali said:

Dr. Halford has past way end of june! I am going to cry! This is horrible news. I thank him for all he tried to do for us and all his hard work! But now im wondering if the Genoca vaccine (the most promissing one i believed) has died with him...he was a great man. Hopefully his colleagues will be able to finish what he started not only for us but for all his years spend working on this.

its extremely sad that he passed away however he leaves behind a legacy. hopefully one day his work will contribute to a cure. He will much be remembered by the hsv community for his work, vaccine and beyond. Genoca (Gen-003) is moving into phase 3 later this year however this is a different vax to halfords Theravax. RVX is yet to release data on safety of Theravax so i would say if they are in phase 1 it has not yet concluded. 

RVX Patient and Investor

Lali,

RVx is very sad with his passing, but the mission continues.  RVx wants to get its vaccine to everyone that wants it, to either treat or prevent HSV.

that mission will go on until the goal is achieved.  don't worry, RVx is here to stay.

RVX Patient and Investor
3 hours ago, JJ2017 said:

Just out of interest will RVx be looking at any other conditions too?  

Meaning?  Like HIV or?  I think our plate is pretty full already.

valleynovascotia
2 hours ago, RVX Patient and Investor said:

Meaning?  Like HIV or?  I think our plate is pretty full already.

Would he be looking at hpv?

RVX Patient and Investor

Sorry Valley, no, RVx is plenty occupied as is.

U saw the post about the HPV vax someone else is doing in Mexico, right?  Road trip!

valleynovascotia
1 minute ago, RVX Patient and Investor said:

Sorry Valley, no, RVx is plenty occupied as is.

U saw the post about the HPV vax someone else is doing in Mexico, right?  Road trip!

Haha yeah need to get my passport.