World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Blahdittilyblah

I run away every time why?

Blahdittilyblah

Ugh I hate it I hate it hate it. Not IT, but that I run from any women who shows me interest. Do I hate me no. Do I hate my gifter no. Am I embarrassed? Not to tell the individual who has interest, but yes to the fact that individual may tell others I don't want to know. I hate going out now. I used to go out all the time. Friends constantly asking where I'm at when I'm coming back out and I just lie and pass. Why I don't like going out? Because when I do go out often times I get hit on, and no I don't think I'm anything special I actually think the opposite and that these pretty girls are just momentarily mentally handicapped to some degree lol. But sure enough since I've become single, I seem to get hit on by these girls who have been apperantly watching for some time. And as soon as I get the smallest hint that they're flirting which sometimes takes me a while lol. I quickly and sometimes awkwardly end the conversation and Olympic Speed Walk my way to the other side of the room. Ex's trying to come back, randoms, club/bar girls, friends girl-friends not gf, sister/brother friends. I mean you'd think this would be like a good thing. But it's torment to me, I love socializing with people, I love making new friends. But since, I have been paralyzed to be me; I go out sometimes and friends are excited to see me because now it's rare. I enjoy myself, I generally am the one sparking conversation and telling jokes, but then. I don't know, my anxiety kicks into high gear and I freak out and leave because I need to get space. Often times it's because it reminds me of how I got here by going out drinking making not so good decisions but hey she didn't know and she's a beautiful disaster, it hurt to watch her world crumble before her eyes when she got the test results. Because I knew what she just went through mentally for the first time and I also knew that it killed her she gave this to me. But I now know I have it and I feel more then compelled to let any women know prior to any sexual relationships almost even down to kissing but def touching anything below the belt. And that's a little challenging. Do I care about rejection? Yes. I'm aware that rejections is likely anyways in the dating world it takes time and I understand why someone would say no to me with this added, however I still don't want to hear it. That's why I have never approached a woman that I have dated because I'm extremely shy and reserved to strangers. I wait because I want to ensure they have an interest in me before I guess I get rejected idk something I just thought of. And before this it be easy I'm social once I get to know you and trust you to some degree; I would conversate with a women and go out on dates or events. But now with this added I run for some reason. 1: I don't want people who don't need to know know. 2: I don't want to out my ex, I feel if I can limit that I should so she can manage it how she's comfortable instead of dealing with I heard. 3: I don't know this person and if I can eventually trust this person. It just frustrates me because I can't be me I feel. My anxiety kicks in and I avoid the contact, and I feel bad rejecting these girls when some of them I'd be interested in pursuing a relationship with possibly, but I don't hate me and who I am and what I have so I'm so confused as to why I feel the way I do. Just venting because I'm hurt inside but it's only on the inside and I never show it on the outside, I have few to trust that I can talk to this about and don't really want to bother them with it. As a child you never could understand when your parents would say it's a cold, cruel world out there until the universe placed you where you were at the time, to place you here where you are now reading this. I'm sorry just got a little bumed. 

Whyyyyy

You sound like a great great guy!!! Any woman would be lucky to have you! I get not wanting to out yourself and your ex though...have you tried PS or any of those secret Facebook groups? It may be worth a shot to see if there's someone you're interested in that already has it!

Lisajd

I get it but i would think that asking for confidentiality to a decent person would be respected. Give a girl a go.  You are not giving them or yourself a chance.   Why would you out your ex?

Blahdittilyblah
1 hour ago, Whyyyyy said:

You sound like a great great guy!!! Any woman would be lucky to have you! I get not wanting to out yourself and your ex though...have you tried PS or any of those secret Facebook groups? It may be worth a shot to see if there's someone you're interested in that already has it!

Thank you, I wish I felt the same way. The lucky women seem to be my ex's that contact me months years later to say they fucked up lol usually when I'm dating someone else or even if they are dating someone else. I don't know what PS is and haven't checked the FB groups yet. I def would be more comfortable with someone who does have it. But don't want to limit myself. 

Whyyyyy
Just now, Blahdittilyblah said:

Thank you, I wish I felt the same way. The lucky women seem to be my ex's that contact me months years later to say they fucked up lol usually when I'm dating someone else or even if they are dating someone else. I don't know what PS is and haven't checked the FB groups yet. I def would be more comfortable with someone who does have it. But don't want to limit myself. 

PS is positive singles...I don't hear great things about that but worth a shot...if you can get into the "secret" Facebook groups that would be good!

Blahdittilyblah
39 minutes ago, Lisajd said:

I get it but i would think that asking for confidentiality to a decent person would be respected. Give a girl a go.  You are not giving them or yourself a chance.   Why would you out your ex?

Unfortunately some people are good at hiding their true personalities for a while so it be hard to judge who can be trusted. If I talked to anyone up in my area they or someone they know likely know either who I am or who my ex is so it be kinda obvious that either she had it, I had it, or one of us gave it to the other. Or she was ok with me having it which all could lead to it coming back to her. At least that's how I feel the town is big but the crowd I'm around and girls I'd  be interested in are likely gonna know or hear. 

Blahdittilyblah
2 minutes ago, Whyyyyy said:

PS is positive singles...I don't hear great things about that but worth a shot...if you can get into the "secret" Facebook groups that would be good!

Ahhh I see makes sense now. Sorry I've avoided the word positive for a while lol. 

Lisajd
25 minutes ago, Whyyyyy said:

I don't know many people who have had much success with positive singles either and I belong to a secret Facebook group which is in the UK and none of them date successfully through the group.  The guys are all trying to hook up with all of the good-looking women all at the same time

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I am new to the herpes world. I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 on May 17th. I was dating two guys at once (one I was sexually active with and someone else). The last person I had sex with, I am pretty sure he’s the one that gave it to me. I did disclose to all of my sex partners using text free because I was too embarrassed to reveal myself. But anyway, today I disclosed to the other guy I was seeing when I found out that I was gHSV-1 positive. We have been seeing one another one to two time a week and have planned basically our whole summer out. Even though he wanted to take it slow we are most definitely sexually attracted to one another and planned on having sex somewhere along the lines. This morning I decided to disclose via text that I have ghsv-1. I gave him some fact/transmission rates and have left everything in his hands. He’s currently at work and asked if it’ll be okay for him to call me when he gets off. Let’s see how this turns out. I am prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. I will keep you guys posted.
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I just found out that I have herpes a little over two weeks ago. I am pretty sure I know who I contracted it from, but that is neither here nor there. I was dating two people (only sexually active with one). I no longer converse with the guy who I’ve contracted this from, but kept in contact with the other guy, let’s call him PT and we’ve been hitting it off really well. Sex isn’t really on the table for us because we both said that we wanted to wait for sex until we get to know one another better because we don’t want to rush anything. I can see something more forming between the two of us even though it’s still new. I want to tell him now, but I also want to get to know him better before disclosing this to him. We have a couple of dates lined up. What should I do? Please help
    • lostgirll
      By lostgirll
      Hey everyone, I recently got diagnosed 2 months ago with genital herpes and the guy that gave it to me is it denial about it. About a week ago, I met a new guy and we talk about having sex a lot but I feel so guilty that he does not know yet. We haven’t engaged in the act but we are going on a date this sunday and I have a feeling that he is expecting to have sex. I’m just so scared of his reaction for when I tell him. Are my odds in my favor? How likely am I to get rejected or ghosted after telling him? What are your guys’ experiences? 
    • Nikki22
      By Nikki22
      So I’m not sure I never really looked at my test results because I was scared... I’ve been told it could be a uti or something but I only get them when I’m stressed. I just... does any one else find dating hard?!? It’s like the guys I do tell instantly friend zone me or never talk to me ever again. I don’t what to do and was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience..? 
    • tadasana
      By tadasana
      I got the wonderful virus on my genitals from a guy I dated 5 years. I definitely stayed in the relationship too long because of being scared to have to disclose to someone. I finally broke up with him in 2016.
      I finally got up the nerve to start dating again about six months ago. In late November I met a guy who I had a lot in common with, got along with, was attracted to, etc, and I could tell he felt the same way about me. (We are both divorced and in our 40s.)
      So over the course of a month, we got closer and had wonderful times. I could tell he was falling for me and I was for him. On the Saturday before Christmas we spent the whole day together and went to dinner that night then back to my house to exchange gifts. He had bought me a really pretty necklace for Christmas (not too extravagant but sweet and I had picked out a special book as a gift to him.) We had not had sex yet but I knew it would be coming soon so I needed to disclose. He ended up telling me he loved me that night and I told him the same. Then came the disclosure.
      He just looked kinda stunned then sat with me without really saying much for about 30 minutes. He then gave me a brief hug and said he had to go. He left the book I gave him at my house and as he left, I tried to give him the necklace back because I could tell that everything had changed. He asked me to please keep it. It was the end of the night so it wasn’t completely weird and I figured he was shocked and needed time to process so, while I was very upset, I knew that this was always a possibility.
      I will admit that I did a terrible job at the actual disclosure. It was my first time and even though I had practiced saying it aloud many times, I know that sounded ashamed and embarrassed.
      We texted a little bit the next day, mostly with me explaining more about my situation. I explained that in my personal experience, it had not been very disruptive for me. I have only had three outbreaks in six years. I also explained that if someone was with a partner who had it, the partner could take medicine to reduce the other person from getting it. I sent him some links.
      After that day (the day after disclosure), I did not contact him and he did not contact me. Once again, I figured he needed time. About three days after, he finally texted me saying that he was sorry for the way he reacted. He also said that he loved me and was very sad but according to what he read, he would eventually get it and that he couldn’t knowingly do that to himself and if I ever needed anything to let him know.  (I did not see the point in disputing what he “read” on the Internet and how he felt about it. The links I first sent him clearly indicated that was not the case.) Neither one of us wants more kids (we both have them) so it has nothing to do with any issues it could cause in that sense.
      I basically said “thank u, next” and wished him well. That was the day after Christmas.
      Fast forward one month to Wednesday, January 23. (We have had no contact at all. We are not connected on social media and we have no mutual friends.) I get a text from him asking how I’m doing.  I respond politely and we exchange a few pleasantries. He then asks me if I’m seeing anyone and tells me that he’s sorry for what went on and he really wanted to go out with me again. I say I am confused since for the past month, I’ve accepted the fact that he did NOT want to be with me. He asked if we could just meet to talk, but he totally understood if I said no. I said, sure, I’ll meet you to talk but told him not to have any expectations about us dating again. I said I needed some time and maybe we could meet in a week or so.
      We texted a little bit yesterday. I told him that I wanted to meet him at the restaurant because I wanted to be sure I could leave whenever I wanted to. He then said, “I cannot apologize enough for how I handled things between us.” I said, “I don’t want to talk about that now.” And that I needed space between now and our meeting next Thursday and I would confirm with him on Wednesday (in other words, do NOT contact me). I want to see if he will honor my wish.
      Here’s what I need advice on. I have NO experience in dealing with being rejected for this particular reason and none of my friends do either.
      Is he just a total jerk???   In your experience or opinion, will he ever be truly emotionally supportive? Should I cut him some slack? Should I meet with him at all? Should I meet with him in order to end it with him in person? To begin with, I am a person with avoidant attachment issues. I cut people off and out of my life very easily, many of my friends think too easily. It was a huge deal for me even to disclose to him. Huge deal.  I know me cutting him out of my life could easily be justified in my mind and it is my natural tendency to want to do this. I am truly shocked that I actually kept his number in my phone and didn’t block it right after he texted me to end it. The fact that I am actually opening up just a little bit (maybe even to someone who doesn’t deserve it) is major progress for me.
      I miss him and I still care about him. I really, really thought he would have been one to be okay with the situation from the get-go, but obviously I was mistaken.
      Help!
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • TCBH
      Another company looking to create a vaccine.  http://www.bluewillow.com/bluewillow-biologics-awarded-patent-for-intranasal-genital-herpes-vaccine/ BlueWillow’s intranasal NanoVax platform elicits both mucosal and systemic immunity through its novel oil-in-water nanoemulsion (NE) adjuvant, offering a unique advantage to combat sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including genital herpes. The mucosal immunity elicited by intranasal NE vaccines provides critical protection against infections at the port of entry by which a pathogen enters the body. The intranasal NanoVax HSV vaccine has demonstrated safety and efficacy in both prophylactic and therapeutic animal models for genital herpes. In a prophylactic guinea pig study, the intranasal vaccine prevented genital herpes infection in 92 percent of animals vaccinated. Therapeutic study animals previously infected with genital herpes who received the BlueWillow vaccine reduced recurrent lesions and viral shedding by more than 50 percent compared to animals who received no treatment.
    • JHenry
      Cas, This is sooooooo exciting I may need a diaper!  How bout you?  😊
    • JHenry
      This is wonderful news!  Impressive dollars raised and the team is absolutely outstanding.  For those who have been dreaming of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on our side, consider your prayers answered.  William Jacobs and Betsy Herold from Einstein have “sounded” extremely confident all along.  While maybe not just “around the corner” this is amazingly exciting!   If there was ever a person that possibly could be a force in “fast tracking” could it be Mr. Bill Gates?  While it may seem “so far off”, for those of us having been infected for 20+ years or more, it is still music to our ears, and the  glass is always half full-without hope you have nothing.   Never forget this line from Shawshank Redemption:                                           “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies”. 
    • LightafterDarkness
      Discussion thread on this news here:  
    • LightafterDarkness
      This is pretty impressive for a number of reasons: Average funding for a series A in biotech is around ~$50M but the median is around ~$30M as of 2018 The takeaway then is the XVax is at the higher end of the spectrum suggesting (1) High investor interest, (2) XVax is thinking big A robust set of investors- good to see that there are multiple names here rather than 1-2. Again, suggests robust interest from investors Note that the anchor investor (i.e., the biggest) is Adjuvent who are backed by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, good to see that HSV continues to be of interest to them (my theory: due to the link with HIV and Alzheimer now)   Overall everyone should be cheering this news given the impressive results seen with animal models. Still remember this is going to be a multi year process- I would hope to see a phase I in 2020

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.