World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
eitak90

Symptoms Experienced during Primary OB

eitak90

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and my official DX of HSV II was on 7/5/17. I'm curious how many of you realized something was wrong down there before you went and got tested. I'm also curious of the symptoms you experienced before your primary OB

For me, I had the: 

• body aches
  • fatigue 
  • generally all of the flu-like symptoms,

but chalked it up as my period and being tired from working in a hospital. Then I realized I had two spots that were uncomfortable so I went against nurse practitioners orders to "just use monistat" on the spots, and came in to see her anyways. As I waited for the results, I watched these spots turn into sores that looked like cuts. Three nurses, and an ER Dr. all told me "It doesn't look like herpes". Well, the next day after an extremely painful trip to the ER and a bullshit DX of PID, I saw what I was dreading: the little cluster of blisters. 

I'm still having the tingling, which I can't tell if it's prodrome, like more sores are coming (I'm new with no knowledge of this still, so forgive me if that's the wrong term), or if it's just some nerve pain I'll have to live with. 

WilsoInAus

Herpes will settle down, it may take a little while but it will.

The first thing is to make sure you do know type. Was you swab PCR or culture?

Might also be a good idea to ask your partner to test, this will confirm the type and source.

Lisajd

Everyone has different experiences with their first outbreak and some are more severe than others but yours sounds quite typical

eitak90
3 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Herpes will settle down, it may take a little while but it will.

The first thing is to make sure you do know type. Was you swab PCR or culture?

Might also be a good idea to ask your partner to test, this will confirm the type and source.

I had a culture done of the sore that was most bothering me. When I went in yesterday to actually confirm my results, my doctor confirmed HSV II. 

eitak90
3 hours ago, Lisajd said:

Everyone has different experiences with their first outbreak and some are more severe than others but yours sounds quite typical

Although it's been quite painful at times, I still have to consider myself lucky because some of the experiences I've read are far worse than what I've experienced. I hope this is indicative of future OB's not being as bad.

WilsoInAus

Might be worthwhile asking the question as to whether the immunofluorescence antibody test was applied to the culture. This is the way type is determined, in some cases HSV-2 is just assumed.

This is particularly the case if both oral and vaginal sex was involved in the week leading up to the outbreak.

eitak90
39 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Might be worthwhile asking the question as to whether the immunofluorescence antibody test was applied to the culture. This is the way type is determined, in some cases HSV-2 is just assumed.

This is particularly the case if both oral and vaginal sex was involved in the week leading up to the outbreak.

I will ask when I have a follow-up appointment in two weeks to see if my Valtrex has helped any. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Nopeimout
      By Nopeimout
      Hi guys, this is my first post but honestly i´ve been lurking around for a while (lol ikr)
      Lets get to it. 
      I had unprotected sex with a friend, she claims she´s clean and two months later i noticed this in my pubic area.
      No itching, no pain, no flu simptoms just these lil fuckers (sorry for coursing) 
      I went to the doctor and he claims thats not HSV2 but i live in south america and honestly i dont trust doctors, i made another appointment with another doctow this week. Also i had blood test done and it came out negative, but im waiting to the 13 week to be sure.
      Im extremely paranoid and anxious about STD´s so u can imagine im dying over here.
      Its been around 5 days that hey appeared and havent changed, like i mean they havent became ulcers or crust.
      Sorry if my English is kind of sloppy its not my native language.
      I really would love to have an idea of what this is or could be, and what to expect if its HSV2.
      Im currently dating a girl and i told her about this so were not having sex until im sure i dont have anything, honetly im getting really paranoid.
      PHOTOS: 
      https://imgur.com/gKS2D0r
      https://imgbbb.com/image/pAZKc
    • SeeB89
      By SeeB89
      I was diagnosed in 2013 with hsv2.
      back in March, after I went to a public place & used the bathroom, I got a small bump on my butt. (May of been a coincidence but I remember it) Figured it wasn’t my hsv outbreak but still took my meds to suppress it, if it was. Now here we are, 5 months later & it’s gotten worse. More bumps & are on both buttocks.
      Could this just be hsv showing up in my butt/lower back region? Should I get tested again? Any oral ointment I can take?  I take my acyclovir but it only suppresses for my mouth. Doesn’t even seem help for my lower body regions.

• Cnerol
      By Cnerol
      Hi everyone . I’m just here to ask a question since I can’t seem to find an answer anywhere. I had unprotected sex with someone who has herpes2 . She stopped me after maybe 20 seconds of me being in her and told me I shouldn’t freak out but she has hsv 2 . So naturally now I’m freaking out. She seemed really confident telling me not to worry and that she hadn’t had an outbreak in years and that she’s had the virus since 16 years ago etc. basically she said I shouldn’t worry but than called me next day to apologize saying sorry I messed up. My question is how likely is it that I cough it  from her, she says she was with someone 5 years and didn’t pass to him. But I think she’s dishonest .  Also I read here people who have been with someone with hsv2 for years and never got it from their wives. How worried should I be? Thank you for any feed back. Also she takes meds as needed apparently. 
    • mconcerned1986
      By mconcerned1986
      Symptom started with itching constantly for few days during my final exams. As I could not take the itch any longer in my anal area I am applied a steroid cream twice in three days. It inflamed and irritated and pained slightly and it subsisted after 2-3 days after stopping the tropical cream (that a derm suggested).

Does this sound like herpes? Is this something I have to get checked PCr swabbed? When I saw a physician he dismissed and did not swab despite begging him many times. What would be your thoughts? 

• Antoinette63
      By Antoinette63
      I’m a woman with HSV-2 in my vaginal area. I’ve never had symptoms orally & was diagnosed from swabs from my vaginal area.
      i gave the woman I’ve been dating for the past 3 weeks oral sex a few days ago, and had “the talk” with her after. She was ok and said we could figure out how to protect her from getting it. Now she’s  having cold symptoms that are getting progressively worse, similar to what I had when I had my first outbreak. I’m very afraid now that I may have HSV2 orally & I just didn’t know I had it & gave it to her. 
      What should I do?? She’s  going to feel like I lied to them. 😩
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.