World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Nightmare7575

Condoms ,are we sure they cut down the chance

Nightmare7575

Yep,used the raincoat as the say and I still got it ,I know it stayed on ,I used one every time and hear I am. I have only seen them a few times,but it seems the female condom covers more area and there would be less risk,but they are not used that often and not popular or a combo of both. How many others go it using a condom ?

Stillme1968

if someone is having an outbreak or they are shedding then a condom would only offer protection on the part of you that was covered

Nightmare7575

Know that part, because  whatever part was uncovered got to me.She had know signs  and had her  first OB two weeks later,so I think she was shedding.

Peace_and_love

Not too sure as I find that sometimes condoms irritate me more, make me sore and can provoke an outbreak (just my personal experience) Also how do you know when you are shedding? 

ItchyGirl66

As far as I know, you don't know when you're shedding, unfortunately. 

Worstguyever
On Fri Jul 07 2017 at 9:21 PM, Nightmare7575 said:

Yep,used the raincoat as the say and I still got it ,I know it stayed on ,I used one every time and hear I am. I have only seen them a few times,but it seems the female condom covers more area and there would be less risk,but they are not used that often and not popular or a combo of both. How many others go it using a condom ?

Yes,  Me too.  Used condom and sex was less than minute.  Still Got it.  I don't think so it needs friction and massaged into tissue and all just exposure is enough if shedding is occur.  Because mine was very Gentle and just i started and finished immediately (less than minute).  Still got it.  As everybody said only absent from sex or being strict and faithful to the Partner or we dont know where our life leads to.  I am second category unfaith to my wife and got it in single exposure with condom.  I don't know where my life goes to.  Hope you will feel better soon mate. 

Nightmare7575

Well our lives have to go on no matter how bad we feel about getting this,I thought about killing myself when I heard the news then I figured I would hurt others in my family,so I go on.  I say this over and over,I knew I did not have this and just went in to see the doctor to be safe even though one doctor said don't get tested since you have no symptoms and BAM I got the bad news ,like I said,I used a condom every time,but I did not use good since. I knew she had other partners and if we would have just had other non risky sex I might not be on this board. It hurts because you do the right thing and you still pay a big price.  I am 54 so I may or may not find somebody again ,this was the first woman after my divorce.

Edited by Nightmare7575

Worstguyever
13 hours ago, Nightmare7575 said:

Well our lives have to go on no matter how bad we feel about getting this,I thought about killing myself when I heard the news then I figured I would hurt others in my family,so I go on.  I say this over and over,I knew I did not have this and just went in to see the doctor to be safe even though one doctor said don't get tested since you have no symptoms and BAM I got the bad news ,like I said,I used a condom every time,but I did not use good since. I knew she had other partners and if we would have just had other non risky sex I might not be on this board. It hurts because you do the right thing and you still pay a big price.  I am 54 so I may or may not find somebody again ,this was the first woman after my divorce.

Still i am thinking to killing myself.  I am 32 and have family.  If i think them i crying and dont know what to do. Dpreessed and crying daily. 

Nightmare7575

You are to important to your family and friends to do that ,think about how it will effect your family if you are not there and all the pain and suffering you will put them through. How hard will it be for your kids to grow up without a father and always wondering why he took his life and your wife will always blame herself if you harmed yourself.Do they have counselors where you live ?

Goran123
1 hour ago, Worstguyever said:

Still i am thinking to killing myself.  I am 32 and have family.  If i think them i crying and dont know what to do. Dpreessed and crying daily. 

Dont even go down that road dude, your family loves you and many others. There are many deceases that is worse than herpes. Live a healthy life and take some valtrex. That would keep the OB's away. For all we know, a functional cure is around the corner.

Worstguyever
1 hour ago, Goran123 said:

Dont even go down that road dude, your family loves you and many others. There are many deceases that is worse than herpes. Live a healthy life and take some valtrex. That would keep the OB's away. For all we know, a functional cure is around the corner.

Thanks Goran.  I too trying to say to myself but thought is coming on and off.  Because i went out of my marriage and got it.  I don't know how to handle with my lovely wife.  Hope for still for Life. 

cantdoit
On 7/9/2017 at 3:20 AM, Worstguyever said:

Yes,  Me too.  Used condom and sex was less than minute.  Still Got it.  I don't think so it needs friction and massaged into tissue and all just exposure is enough if shedding is occur.  Because mine was very Gentle and just i started and finished immediately (less than minute).  Still got it.  As everybody said only absent from sex or being strict and faithful to the Partner or we dont know where our life leads to.  I am second category unfaith to my wife and got it in single exposure with condom.  I don't know where my life goes to.  Hope you will feel better soon mate. 

We have similar circumstances  inbox me if you need to talk. Our mistakes make us human. 

Worstguyever
7 hours ago, Nightmare7575 said:

You are to important to your family and friends to do that ,think about how it will effect your family if you are not there and all the pain and suffering you will put them through. How hard will it be for your kids to grow up without a father and always wondering why he took his life and your wife will always blame herself if you harmed yourself.Do they have counselors where you live ?

Yeah i am thinking of my family and try to avoid that negative feeling.  Still i didn't tell to my wife about my cheat and herpes since i was away from my due to work.  When i visit my place i am planning to tell everything to my wife. If i tell to my wife and she wants to share her family.  When i say we cant predict how life will change. I am from the country where General doesnt heard of Herpes except Doctors.  Only STD heard of HIV because of worldwide effect and its impact. Even Condom protected few minutes sex will change our life if we go out of monogomous but sadly i will affect directly to my family.