World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Peace_and_love

Is this another OB?

Peace_and_love

Heya I'm back and need some advice!

So it's  been a couple of months since I've posted and need some support.

Just experiencing some tingling sensations and am worried it's another OB and I have a big event coming up soon and really don't want another OB now :(

Can anyone relate?

My lymph nodes on the right side of my groin feel slightly inflamed and I have a small pimple on the pubic area near the clitoral hood, it's not an open wound that's leaking but it feels sore like an inflamed pimple I am also feeling sensitive on the the labia minora area (no visible pimples but it tingles a bit when I apply tea tree oil)

Has anyone experienced these symptoms before and is it another OB????

Any advice would be great!!

Much love xx

Whyyyyy

Sounds like prodrome :( take lysine, get sleep, drink water, keep applying your tea tree oil and try not to stress!

Peace_and_love
17 hours ago, Whyyyyy said:

Sounds like prodrome :( take lysine, get sleep, drink water, keep applying your tea tree oil and try not to stress!

Agh ok! Great!! Thanks. Yeah I'm trying not to stress too much but I have a wedding to go to in a few days and my partner that I haven't seen in a while is arriving and I really don't want another OB because last time was so bad I spent a week in pain. Do you think I should start taking my course of Aciclovir or should I wait a couple days to see if it actually is an OB??

I really can't think what's caused this again. Maybe even the smallest amount of stress causes a flair up.

Cas9
11 minutes ago, Peace_and_love said:

Agh ok! Great!! Thanks. Yeah I'm trying not to stress too much but I have a wedding to go to in a few days and my partner that I haven't seen in a while is arriving and I really don't want another OB because last time was so bad I spent a week in pain. Do you think I should start taking my course of Aciclovir or should I wait a couple days to see if it actually is an OB??

I really can't think what's caused this again. Maybe even the smallest amount of stress causes a flair up.

It wont hurt to take the Acyclovir even it it turns out not be an OB, so I would take it. But back off of it a day before the wedding since you may be having a few drinks. And I would follow Whyyyyy's advice.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I made it to month four without a visible sign of an outbreak. I had a really bad outbreak in the ending of April and was diagnosed with GHSV1. My initial outbreak took about a month to heal and left scars (a lighter pigmentation from my overall complexion on my genitals). Sadly I have been ridiculously paranoid to the point I have taken two 7 day treatments of Valtrex. More than likely it was probably just yeast infections (I get them way more than I should, even before getting hsv). I also take lysine twice a day and three times a day when I feel like an outbreak is coming on. I’ve been applying tea tree to my genitals everyday since getting diagnosed to dry out any potential outbreaks that are present that I possibly mistake for an ingrown hair. When does the worrying stop? How often have anyone on this forum with GHSV1 get outbreaks? What’s are some good tips and tricks?
    • Tack99
      By Tack99
      June 3rd I may of been exposed to Herpes.
      Performed oral and vaginal sex with a one night stand.  A few days later, "felt off" and got tested on the 7th (negative for all stds, but not tested for herpes)
      Took a round of Doxycycline the following week around the 14th for a few days as I was feeling extremely Hot and urinating frequently.  It seemed to help for an instant, however still feeling off.
      Tested again n the 28th - Negative for all stds including HSV igg however positive for HSV igm with an index of 1.14 (Positive being anything greater than 1.1) *approximately 26 days after suspected exposure
      Dr. prescribed Valacyclovir 2x day.  Started taking medication July 2nd.  
      Pain and discomfort in the penis continuing.  With sensations in the pelvic area and kidneys.
      Tested again on July 20th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.
      Tested again August 6th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.

I have been taking valacyclovir since July 2nd 2x daily.
      I have felt just not right since the possible exposure date (or shortly after).
      My penis has gone through feelings of tingling sensations, heat, pain but not to touch, pain in my pelvis.  Things seemed to of started with a burning sensation in the inner thigh.
      I feel as I am having shooting sensation in my legs and occasionally have an itchy/tingle around where my pubic hair is from time to time.  Hell, today and maybe yesterday I've noticed tingling in my scalp.
      I tried again today to not take the valacyclovir and lasted until about 11:30 am after waking up around 8 am.  My lips and the skin around my face starts to burn and the tingling around the pubic hair area of my genitals increase in its sensations.  It's almost as a sleeping demon is waking up when I don't take the meds.  When I take it, it takes about a day or so for things to get back in control.
      My penis/genitals have also not smelled the same since.  It seems my scent has changed. 
      Today is day 68 - is this how it's going to be forever?  
      I am worried I have this all over my face as the burning is in the corners of my mouth and down my chin, as well as my nose.
      I have not shown any sores however I do feel my penis and scrotum has felt hot and sometimes red, typically on the head of the penis at the urethra.  Multiple dr's say it looks normal to them.
      I am so lost and feel like I am falling apart physically, mentally and emotionally.  I guess I just wait until week 12 (in a few more weeks) to maybe test positive... but then what? 

• LemonDifficult
      By LemonDifficult
      I’ve been a frequent visitor of this site for awhile. The times when I feel down about my H+ status, I have come here to read stories of hope and happy endings, and I feel a lot better and reassured. 
      So, I finally made and account because I wanted to share my happy story! 
      I was diagnosed with GHSV2 about 5 years ago. While I’ve been with and disclosed to two partners about my status since then, they had already told me that they had been with women previously who had the same diagnosis, so I wasn’t nervous to disclose my status to them after finding that info out. 
      Neither of those relationship panned out. When I felt like I was ready to date again the thought of having to have the disclosure convo to another person made me so anxious! Like sick to my stomach, losing sleep kind of anxious. What if my status is a dealbreaker? And all the other worst case scenarios.  But I haven’t let this stop me from dating in the past, and I didn’t want to let that stop me from dating now. And I met a guy who is amazing: funny, kind, thoughtful, smart, understanding, and curious about me and what makes me happy. The more time we spent together( and the more I developed my interest in him), the more anxious I got to give the talk. 
      We’ve been seeing each other for a few weeks and the physical chemistry is definitely there (kissing, touching over the clothes). But I would not let myself take it any farther with him until I had the disclosure talk. 
      Heading into our date last night, I knew that I couldn’t wait any longer to have the convo I had so been dreading. When I felt like the time was right, I finally gave my “spiel” and I was so relieved to get it out of the way, I honestly didn’t care if he rejected me at that point. I was proud of myself for doing something difficult and flexing my integrity muscle. Well, He actually got emotional, thanking me for putting his health and well-being above mine and told me this doesn’t change anything, in fact he said that me being open about my status before being intimate made him like me even more! He asked questions about how H effects me and was even curious about my experience dealing with the stigma. It went way way better than I anticipated, and we have plans to spend this upcoming weekend together! 
      Whether or not it works out with him, I’m proud of myself. For those that are even thinking about having this conversation ahead of time, you should be proud of yourselves too. This is not an easy conversation to have and it shows a tremendous amount of character. 
      Thank you to this community for sharing your stories. Hoping my story can help others during times of hopelessness that I too have experienced. 
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.