World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Danni888

Danni888

Hi there! I just signed up and am recently dealing with the diagnosis of HSV2. Obviously I have a lot of questions and mixed emotions...

Has anyone experienced an outbreak not on their genitals? With that said, can you contract the virus not from a sexual experience and what are the chances of that? 

Worstguyever

Hi Danni,  i had my blisters in Thighs,  but i have some sort of discomfort and itching in Genitals. But i had other some typicla and atypical symptoms too.  Like short fever 2-3 time within 3 week.  But i heard it can be transmitted anywhere in boxer short.  I hope Non Sexual contact will not lead to infection.  If it does,  this could be Normal disease and not this much stigmatized.  

Danni888

Now that I know I am positive for HSV2 I have had two ob, both on my butt cheek but in two different spots. I have not gotten to a point where I can "feel" an ob coming on. I wonder if this will change overtime? 

Worstguyever

I got first at right inner thigh and latervweek i got it left inner thigh as well.  But i heard recurrences come anywhere in Genitals,  Butt,  Thighs. I don't know how i lead my life.  I am married and got from outside.  Because of my worst behaviour. Hope you feel better soon.  

Lisajd
14 hours ago, Danni888 said:

Now that I know I am positive for HSV2 I have had two ob, both on my butt cheek but in two different spots. I have not gotten to a point where I can "feel" an ob coming on. I wonder if this will change overtime? 

You need to understand that the boxer short area is the whole of the genital area when it comes to do herpes so having an outbreak on your butt is hsv and if this is where you are regularly getting them it may be that that was where the initial contact was.  

Danni888
8 hours ago, Lisajd said:

You need to understand that the boxer short area is the whole of the genital area when it comes to do herpes so having an outbreak on your butt is hsv and if this is where you are regularly getting them it may be that that was where the initial contact was.  

Can the virus only be located on my butt? Or is that the only place I have an outbreak? I'm wondering how likely I am to have herpes in my genital area... if that makes sense. 

WilsoInAus

What test did you have that suggested you were positive for HSV-2?

It is very hard to know. Some people do probably only shed from the infection site and others more broadly in the boxer short area where the nerve ganglions reach. You will need to assume you do shed from your vaginal area.

Joe1976
On 10.7.2017 at 10:21 AM, Worstguyever said:

Hi Danni,  i had my blisters in Thighs,  but i have some sort of discomfort and itching in Genitals. But i had other some typicla and atypical symptoms too.  Like short fever 2-3 time within 3 week.  But i heard it can be transmitted anywhere in boxer short.  I hope Non Sexual contact will not lead to infection.  If it does,  this could be Normal disease and not this much stigmatized.  

Do you have confirmed this is your initial herpes ob already or just could be giving false information to other people in same situation? 

Usually first ob is around your genitals and over time there its possibility it will take another path and could cause ob on your buttocks or thigh etc. These areas are not going to shed without active blisters as skin is too thick so shedding without symptoms focuses on your mucous membrane. This is actually why condoms prevent male to female transmission really well. I think there is a study that around 20% infected with ghsv gets obs around their buttocks after initial infection. 

I do not know how likely it would be to get initial ob on buttocks and not going to speculate that. I assume that in this scenario a person would have had asymptomatic infection for a quite some time and just happened to get symptomatic ob later on at that location. However this should be confirmed via swab, blood tests are good for hsv-2 as its almost always genital infection. 

Hey Lisa are you able to delete my account as i have asked another moderator to do it but s/he has not read my message and i don't want to spam it to other mods inbox. Thanks :) 

Lisajd
24 minutes ago, Joe1976 said:

Lisa are you able to delete my account as i have asked another moderator to do it but s/he has not read my message and i don't want to spam it to other mods inbox. Thanks :) 

Hi Joe I actually don't know how to do it I'm really not much of a moderated to be honest I use my phone only to respond to messages I can give it a go but if not you might have to wait

Worstguyever
1 hour ago, Joe1976 said:

Do you have confirmed this is your initial herpes ob already or just could be giving false information to other people in same situation? 

Usually first ob is around your genitals and over time there its possibility it will take another path and could cause ob on your buttocks or thigh etc. These areas are not going to shed without active blisters as skin is too thick so shedding without symptoms focuses on your mucous membrane. This is actually why condoms prevent male to female transmission really well. I think there is a study that around 20% infected with ghsv gets obs around their buttocks after initial infection. 

I do not know how likely it would be to get initial ob on buttocks and not going to speculate that. I assume that in this scenario a person would have had asymptomatic infection for a quite some time and just happened to get symptomatic ob later on at that location. However this should be confirmed via swab, blood tests are good for hsv-2 as its almost always genital infection. 

Hey Lisa are you able to delete my account as i have asked another moderator to do it but s/he has not read my message and i don't want to spam it to other mods inbox. Thanks :) 

Yes joe,  its my first Blisters after exposure.  Initially i too thought the same first blister will not be at thighs so it may be different.  After sign up in this forum people shared the same experiences but i had other typical symptoms urinary retention,  mild fever,  Genital discomfort.  I was thinking same as you when i read other forums but got information here from people had real same experience.  So it could come on thighs as well eventhough its first but for me i had other strong symtoms too as i said above.  

Danni888
13 hours ago, Joe1976 said:

I had an ob in March and tested negative because it was on the mend. However, I later saw my primary who specializes in skin conditions and such who said it was in fact hsv2. That was the first ob I had that I knew was hsv2, however a year or two prior I had on in the exact same spot on my butt. So technically it wasn't my first ob. I am recovering from one now that I feel was triggered by going to the beach, only this time it was in a different location on my butt. That I know about I have not had an ob in the genital area. 

Hope that makes sense. 

WilsoInAus

Very worthwhile obtaining an IgG antibody blood test type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2.

Danni888

True. Two doctors saw the outbreak and right away said hsv-2. They offered to swab future ob to confirm but I haven't had an ob

If I am only diagnosed with hsv-2 what are the chances I transmit it to a male via kissing or oral sex? 

WilsoInAus

You can have the blood test anytime and it will give you a conclusive diagnosis, outbreak or not.

With genital HSV-2, there is zero chance of transmission with kissing and giving oral sex; the virus if present at all will be in your genital region.