Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
JaneyB

Drops that 'cure' herpes

Recommended Posts

JaneyB

I suffer from frequent cold sores, sometime every two weeks. I'm lucky if I make it two months without an outbreak. I won't go into everything I've tried to get rid of them.

I know someone who was given some drops by a natural practitioner, I believe homeopathic, to take for a month and they were told they'd never get an outbreak again. She doesn't know the name and I'm trying to find out with no luck. I don't live in the same city, so cannot go see this practitioner myself. All I know is that it's a brand that's only available in the US.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

Hey @JaneyBthe reality is that for someone like yourself, with such a high frequency of cold sores, that antivirals are the only proven way of lessening the frequency. See your doctor to discuss this option. There may also be some issues surrounding immune health that the doctor could also explore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanguine108

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eightyfour
4 hours ago, Sanguine108 said:
7 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hey @JaneyBthe reality is that for someone like yourself, with such a high frequency of cold sores, that antivirals are the only proven way of lessening the frequency. See your doctor to discuss this option. There may also be some issues surrounding immune health that the doctor could also explore.

 

What the hell are these? The ingredients list says that it INCLUDES the different Herpes viruses?

This website below says this:

"Resonance Homeopathy in accordance with its “like cures like” principle attempts to boost your immunity with a specific imprint of the virus known as a herpes nosode. A herpes nosode is an energetic, homeopathic imprint of HSV Viral RNA that is traditionally used to empower a very specific response from your immune system. One peer reviewed published clinical trial-showed that "82% of French clinical trial participants who took Herpes nosodes for just 6 Months had reduced or NO Genital Herpes outbreaks for 5 Years!"*"

http://www.biogetica.com/is-herpes-natural-treatment-a-herpes-cure-in-2017.php

So what is it, a Theravax-like "cure" ?

That's what it sounds like.

I also found this old thread by the same user who pasted the links:

 

Edited by eightyfour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ACE2002
10 minutes ago, eightyfour said:

 

What the hell are these? The ingredients list says that it INCLUDES the different Herpes viruses?

This website below says this:

"Resonance Homeopathy in accordance with its “like cures like” principle attempts to boost your immunity with a specific imprint of the virus known as a herpes nosode. A herpes nosode is an energetic, homeopathic imprint of HSV Viral RNA that is traditionally used to empower a very specific response from your immune system. One peer reviewed published clinical trial-showed that "82% of French clinical trial participants who took Herpes nosodes for just 6 Months had reduced or NO Genital Herpes outbreaks for 5 Years!"*"

http://www.biogetica.com/is-herpes-natural-treatment-a-herpes-cure-in-2017.php

So what is it, a Theravax-like "cure" ?

That's what it sounds like.

I also found this old thread by the same user who pasted the links:

It's not like theravax. Theravax uses a LIVE attenuated virus, they inject you with an almost dead or modified herpes virus, or something like that. The hrpz drops or nosodes DON'T use real or DEAD viruses. They instead use energetic compounds that are similar to that said virus. The immune system then identifies these energetic compounds and targets other similar compounds in real cells like herpes and try to elimintate them, in essence it's like a vaccine. The motto is, like cure like. You can chat with biogetica homeopathic consultants on that site, they are usually pretty helpful. I take the HRPZ III nosodes from them, biogetica told me this is the best they have for herpes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eightyfour
2 hours ago, ACE2002 said:

It's not like theravax. Theravax uses a LIVE attenuated virus, they inject you with an almost dead or modified herpes virus, or something like that. The hrpz drops or nosodes DON'T use real or DEAD viruses. They instead use energetic compounds that are similar to that said virus. The immune system then identifies these energetic compounds and targets other similar compounds in real cells like herpes and try to elimintate them, in essence it's like a vaccine. The motto is, like cure like. You can chat with biogetica homeopathic consultants on that site, they are usually pretty helpful. I take the HRPZ III nosodes from them, biogetica told me this is the best they have for herpes. 


Hrm, I'm usually very accepting of alternative medicine techniques. but I'm pretty skeptical about this. Here is some more research I found...

From this site:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/12/16/what-are-nosodes_n_8820206.html

What are nosodes?

Nosodes are a homeopathic remedy often sold in pellet form that are said to be an alternative to vaccines.

They are made by taking bodily matter, such as blood, pus, saliva, tissue or excrement, from a person infected with the illness in question. The substance is then diluted over and over again — a process called serially agitated dilution — usually to the point that there is no discernible trace of the disease left.
...

Are they safe?

The product itself is so diluted that they contain almost no active disease agents, so the preparation itself usually does nothing. The harm is that they can falsely convince users that they are protected against an illness when they are not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanguine108

Well, I'm a bit skeptical of homeopathy but it is legit.   If you have prodrome or whatever symptoms, you take this and you experience a reduction in symptoms then see/experiencing is believing.

No one is claiming that if you take HSV nosodes that you'll protect others from contracting the virus but rather that symptoms will decrease.

I haven't used biogetica's nosodes.  I actually tried a company way back in the beginning that sold these capsules w nosode whatever in it.  It did help, in a subtle way.

A little later I tried the liquid nosodes from professional formulations (the links I posted) and I experienced significant, night and day improvement.

 

some of the nosodes are marketed at a hefty price but I have no problem promoting the professional formulations brand as it's pretty cheap (~$16 for a 2oz bottle) and it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneyB

Thanks everyone. I was thinking it might be a nosodes therapy. I have been on the Biogetica site, but to be honest, I couldn't tell if it was legit, sounds like it is. I'm going to look into the pure formulas drops.

I do take anti-virals when I have an OB. It does help some. I've also done daily preventative therapy and it didn't really help. I also think it stresses out my liver too much, which in turn, causes more outbreaks. I've also had my nutritional parameters tested, cortisol, the works and it's all good. I rarely get sick also. I've worked with a naturopath and Chinese Medicine doctor but not a homeopath, so that's my next go. 

@Sanguine108, did you take both drops at the same time?

Edited by JaneyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanguine108

The Herpetic Nosodes are very strong.   HRPZ Drops are a bit subtler.

I started w Herpetic Nosodes bc that was the first product I found.   I like HRPZ Drops more.   I haven't used them in a while but they were helpful in beginning for me.

Dosing/administration will be something like 1-2 doses a day, then 1x a day... then 1x every other day.. every few days, 1x a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneyB

@sanguine108, what do you mean by very strong? Strong tasting, or did your body have a strong reaction? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanguine108

strong effect, like I can feel my body pushing the virus further back to the root... so for my oral hsv, I feel it being pushed back from my lips to the back of my head/neck.  Genital, I feel it pushing back to my sacrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WTHerp
On 7/14/2017 at 0:15 AM, Sanguine108 said:

strong effect, like I can feel my body pushing the virus further back to the root... so for my oral hsv, I feel it being pushed back from my lips to the back of my head/neck.  Genital, I feel it pushing back to my sacrum.

So would that be a good thing, like it's pushing it into dormancy? You said your experience was like night and day, how did the drops help with outbreaks and symptoms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanguine108

@WTHerp Pretty much.  I don't like the term "dormancy".  Shits always active, it's just pushed back to the root or shedding at the surface.  

The drops have an additive effect.  I took them 2x a day, breakouts stopped on my face and I felt the activity being pushed back.   Down below, I just had a primary outbreak but random itches and tingles were pushed back.  Idk how else to explain it.   Also, I have oral and genital hsv-1 with my oral symptoms being much more distressing.

But yeah, I think the first several days I was taking it 2x/day.  Then things seemed so stable that I did it 1x a day for about 2-3weeks.  Things seemed pretty quiet so I stopped.

I don't want to make promises that it'll definitely work but it helped me and it's only ~$14.  Not really something you need to restock either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
56 minutes ago, Sanguine108 said:

@WTHerp Pretty much.  I don't like the term "dormancy".  Shits always active, it's just pushed back to the root or shedding at the surface.  

The drops have an additive effect.  I took them 2x a day, breakouts stopped on my face and I felt the activity being pushed back.   Down below, I just had a primary outbreak but random itches and tingles were pushed back.  Idk how else to explain it.   Also, I have oral and genital hsv-1 with my oral symptoms being much more distressing.

But yeah, I think the first several days I was taking it 2x/day.  Then things seemed so stable that I did it 1x a day for about 2-3weeks.  Things seemed pretty quiet so I stopped.

I don't want to make promises that it'll definitely work but it helped me and it's only ~$14.  Not really something you need to restock either.

But didn't you post that they no longer worked and moved onto bovine colostrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanguine108

I could give you a timeline if you really wanted.  My tail bone/anus/perineum-shaft of my dick would have this intermittent tings so 9 months in I gave colostrum a try and it helped a surprising amount.

Nosodes are to help your body's immune system learn the pathogen.   Colostrum is a restorative along with supplying the building blocks for the body's immune system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hopeing
On 7/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, Sanguine108 said:

Well, I'm a bit skeptical of homeopathy but it is legit.   If you have prodrome or whatever symptoms, you take this and you experience a reduction in symptoms then see/experiencing is believing.

No one is claiming that if you take HSV nosodes that you'll protect others from contracting the virus but rather that symptoms will decrease.

I haven't used biogetica's nosodes.  I actually tried a company way back in the beginning that sold these capsules w nosode whatever in it.  It did help, in a subtle way.

A little later I tried the liquid nosodes from professional formulations (the links I posted) and I experienced significant, night and day improvement.

 

some of the nosodes are marketed at a hefty price but I have no problem promoting the professional formulations brand as it's pretty cheap (~$16 for a 2oz bottle) and it works.

Ever heard of a placebo ? Many placebos 'act' better than conventional treatments, the point is the taker either believes they are working and ceases to realize symptoms or the positive mood and hormones basically make the body better at coping with the infection. There is no proof that something which is basically water has any effect, you are paying $16 for a thimble of water and a bit of hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
8 hours ago, Sanguine108 said:

I could give you a timeline if you really wanted.  My tail bone/anus/perineum-shaft of my dick would have this intermittent tings so 9 months in I gave colostrum a try and it helped a surprising amount.

Nosodes are to help your body's immune system learn the pathogen.   Colostrum is a restorative along with supplying the building blocks for the body's immune system.

IgG testing can miss 10% or more of infections as you say. In these cases most people have a positive swab.

The Westernblot is also useful in these circumstances. Download the info and requisition form from the UofW website and take it to your doctor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanguine108
7 hours ago, hopeing said:

Ever heard of a placebo ? Many placebos 'act' better than conventional treatments, the point is the taker either believes they are working and ceases to realize symptoms or the positive mood and hormones basically make the body better at coping with the infection. There is no proof that something which is basically water has any effect, you are paying $16 for a thimble of water and a bit of hope. 

Yeah, the less informed and experienced you are then things like nosodes may seem like snake-oil potions.   I'm a skeptic of homeopathy but I do recognize some remedies that do work.   As far as the nosodes go, I wouldn't believe that it worked if I didn't experience a night-day reduction/suppression of lesions.

No one is twisting anyone's arm to do something they don't want to do.   This thread is about the original poster's curiosity w nosodes and sounds like she's been suffering a bit with her outbreaks.   Herpes isn't going anywhere and people might as try something for $14-16 to see if it helps rather just being complacent in their situation.   At worst, you lose $16, which might as well be wagering pennies on whether something will improve your condition or not.  I would value someone else's first-hand report of something, which is what I am doing. 

While we're talking about that. I did try a nosodes product in the very beginning of my infection, which was in capsules of colostrum (I didn't know the benefits of colostrum back then).  I noticed a minor result but the product was very expensive retailing for $40 but I got it for $20 with 15 capsules in it and you were to take 1-2/day.  I never bought it again and it was actually discontinued.  That setting the standard for how effective nosodes were left me disenchanted about it.  I know Biogetica has nosodes but because they were so expensive, and of my last experience, I didn't buy them.  Some time later I came across these nosodes in liquid/alcohol (from by Professional Formulas) so I thought I'd try it.  I had a profoundly good result so here I am reporting on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HC-Support-Team

I have removed posts that I felt were both off-topic and harassing.  

This is the Nature has A Remedy section of our board which is a designated place for members to talk about complementary therapies without interrogation.

Please respect that purpose when posting here, thanks.

Shenda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      68,851
    • Total Posts
      460,509
  • Posts

    • Gems
      ANd eight hours is on a surface...on a towel who knows. The eight hours was a quote off a thread a long time ago of worst case senerio. Obviously it doesnt survive double touching unless its some weird arse almost immediate thing off a shedding site and this is all WORST case scenerio. HSV shouldnt be treated with stigma...but for everyones well being it should be treated as carefully as poss. It is a highly contagious condition and can be difficult to diagnose and GP's will let you walk away thinking you are clear when you are not if you do not do your due diligence.    

      I knew more about it than the specialists at the hospital I was refereed to. 

      Thanks.
    • Gems
      I have seen your advise on a few threads and to be honest while I am over careful at times you are not careful enough. This can absolutely happen and people should be well aware of the fact to prevent it from happening. I supposedly have good immunity on labs too. You just cant tell who will pick it up. It can live on surfaces for up to eight hours and towels that are wet and warm and that make micro abrasions when rubbed on skin are ways that transmission that can occur. You will often find out more by spending many hours reading on threads than your doctors. SO no it doesn't always just involve a cut on the skin. How do you think people get it else where.

      So please DO NOT swear at me as this is a possibility and this person should careful tick all his bases before ruling it out, cos on the rare case it is I wouldnt want his life totally ruined. Cos if it gets everywhere your life kinda is.

      It's called caring.       
    • Gems
      it happened to me i think i should know.; someone caught it off me off a towel. it bloody well happens.
    • WilsoInAus
      This is total BS and scaremongering. Please study further on here and elsewhere to learn a few more facts. 
    • Dutchy
      What about the side effects?
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.