World's Largest Herpes Support Group
SupermansJustice

Theravax (delta NLS) vs gD Subunit in Guinea Pigs (not mice) - Prophylactic Study

SupermansJustice

Hello all,

Here is a poster from Dr. Halford's research group comparing Theravax vs gD subunit vaccine in guinea pigs. Please read it in it's entirety before posting a response.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjX44aCyoPVAhWH44MKHaUcDfcQFggpMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fidsa.confex.com%2Fidsa%2F2012%2Fwebprogram%2FHandout%2Fid789%2FPOSTER210_1746.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHXiTVKPVITW8QnO_v-XKGVUu1iQw

Let's keep this scientific. No flaming.

Here are the conclusions from the study:

• 0∆NLS is attenuated in guinea pigs but not avirulent at high doses

• 0∆NLS induced high levels of neutralizing Ab and detectable gD2 Ab titers

• At both 3 weeks and 6 months post challenge, the 0∆NLS vaccine significantly reduces acute disease, vaginal viral replication and protects the neural tissues

• At 6 months post challenge, neither vaccine reduced recurrent disease or recurrent viral shedding

• Overall, the 0∆NLS vaccine elicits a durable immune response but did not reduce recurrent shedding • Need to immunize 3X?

Edited by SupermansJustice

WilsoInAus

Hey nice article. Am I missing an implication though? Put simply, a vaccine based on a mutant of the full virus is superior to a subunit? That in and of itself seems hardly surprising. Maybe it would have been better to look at a broader spectrum of immune response, even in a guinea pig model, but pretty impressive on the gD2 neutralisers.

SupermansJustice
12 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hey nice article. Am I missing an implication though? Put simply, a vaccine based on a mutant of the full virus is superior to a subunit? That in and of itself seems hardly surprising. Maybe it would have been better to look at a broader spectrum of immune response, even in a guinea pig model, but pretty impressive on the gD2 neutralisers.

Thank you for the question: I'll focus on three points:

• "0∆NLS is attenuated in guinea pigs but not avirulent at high doses" (This is particularly important depending how many PFU are injected) at 10^7 is was more virulent than at 10^6.
  • At both 3 weeks and 6 months post challenge, the 0∆NLS vaccine significantly reduces acute disease, vaginal viral replication and protects the neural tissues (That's pretty good that it will decrease acute disease. Nothing wrong with that)
  • At 6 months post challenge, neither vaccine reduced recurrent disease or recurrent viral shedding (This means when guinea pigs were challenged 6 months after immunization (prophylactic) - neither vaccine really reduced recurrent disease or recurrent viral shedding. Does that mean in the real world if someone were to get Theravax - would their risk of recurrent lesions after exposure be increased at say 6 months-1 year post immunization than say 1-2 weeks later? It seems like that's the case. Not everyone can predict when they will be exposed to HSV-2. In other words, it seems like the immune response for the live virus vaccine was notably different a few weeks after immunization versus 6 months later. It would seem that there may be an issue with durability in guinea pigs at this dose. 

Edited by SupermansJustice

WilsoInAus

Agree with all that except for shedding. The viral load associated with the shedding is important. You can shed every day but if the load is low enough, transmission odds can be pragmatically zero. I think that's an issue with PCR detection of shedding, it is difficult to get a true sense of viral load such that people assume a dichotomous outcome, that is, any copies equals 'shedding' which equals the same (non unitary) infection chance. Not something I believe to be true.

ACE2002

Where did you get that graph from? This seems fishy to me, it's like you ONLY target theravax! You post information about theravax and then you talk about it in way that makes me think you understand what it is saying, seems like you know a lot about the methodology of vaccines, like too much for a normal person, hmmm. Then you post stupid shit on other posts about why they don't want us to get a vaccine like pivfler or whatever, it seems you play the ignorant very well when it suits you. Obviously they're not going to allow vaccines in the usa, because they make too much money on the drugs, but you play the ignorant and say "why would they do that, why would they not allow us to pass and approve this drugs." Seems fishy to me! hmmmmmm!!!!!! 

Also I have taken notice of when you post and what type of things you post, it's like someone is paying you or something, because all your posts are around the same time, sporadic but precise in the timing of when you post. The same for using your pettetion wasting peoples time, that shit will never get passed! It's like you're bating people with it to distract them away from theravax. I was a lurker for a while on here but had to make an account after watching and reading you and OFMD and glitter dx or whatever, seems really suspicious to me!

Edited by ACE2002

SupermansJustice
20 minutes ago, ACE2002 said:

Where did you get that graph from? This seems fishy to me, it's like you ONLY target theravax! You post information about theravax and then you talk about it in way that makes me think you understand what it is saying, seems like you know a lot about the methodology of vaccines, like too much for a normal person, hmmm. Then you post stupid shit on other posts about why they don't want us to get a vaccine like pivfler or whatever, it seems you play the ignorant very well when it suits you. Obviously they're not going to allow vaccines in the usa, because they make too much money on the drugs, but you play the ignorant and say "why would they do that, why would they not allow us to pass and approve this drugs." Seems fishy to me! hmmmmmm!!!!!! 

Also I have taken notice of when you post and what type of things you post, it's like someone is paying you or something, because all your posts are around the same time, sporadic but precise in the timing of when you post. The same for using your pettetion wasting peoples time, that shit will never get passed! It's like you're bating people with it to distract them away from theravax. I was a lurker for a while on here but had to make an account after watching and reading you and OFMD and glitter dx or whatever, seems really suspicious to me!

This Halfords OWN poster from a conference

ACE2002
10 minutes ago, SupermansJustice said:

This Halfords OWN poster from a conference

Or so you say! This fake news! I'm watching.....

SupermansJustice
5 hours ago, fixme1 said:

Stop crying to admins 

I think we'll keep it to the science

Freddy Fender
13 hours ago, SupermansJustice said:

Hello all,

Here is a poster from Dr. Halford's research group comparing Theravax vs gD subunit vaccine in guinea pigs. Please read it in it's entirety before posting a response.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjX44aCyoPVAhWH44MKHaUcDfcQFggpMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fidsa.confex.com%2Fidsa%2F2012%2Fwebprogram%2FHandout%2Fid789%2FPOSTER210_1746.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHXiTVKPVITW8QnO_v-XKGVUu1iQw

Let's keep this scientific. No flaming.

Here are the conclusions from the study:

• 0∆NLS is attenuated in guinea pigs but not avirulent at high doses

• 0∆NLS induced high levels of neutralizing Ab and detectable gD2 Ab titers

• At both 3 weeks and 6 months post challenge, the 0∆NLS vaccine significantly reduces acute disease, vaginal viral replication and protects the neural tissues

• At 6 months post challenge, neither vaccine reduced recurrent disease or recurrent viral shedding

• Overall, the 0∆NLS vaccine elicits a durable immune response but did not reduce recurrent shedding • Need to immunize 3X?

What is the point of you starting this thread other than than trying to bring down Dr. Halfords vaccine.

SupermansJustice
6 minutes ago, Freddy Fender said:

What is the point of you starting this thread other than than trying to bring down Dr. Halfords vaccine.

what about this sounds like I am trying to bring down the vaccine 

RVX Patient and Investor

Maybe bc that's the agenda behind every post or question u make?

Good lord, u think people aren't hip to your act by now?

wildman

Effective vs. gD2 subunit on several metrics. Would be interesting to see all of the data in more detail.

SupermansJustice
3 hours ago, wildman said:

Effective vs. gD2 subunit on several metrics. Would be interesting to see all of the data in more detail.

Enlighten us 

undertsun

I'm curious to see how this time-lines will translate to humans! Is there any expert can talk us about how guinea pigs compare to humans?