World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Newtothisandscared

relationship where herpes was acquired

Newtothisandscared

Hi Everyone, 

I have an odd question/thought that I wanted to share. I acquired GHSV1 from my boyfriend. We are in a monogamous relationship and I love him but sometimes I wonder if anyone has it tucked in the back of their heads, as I guess I think about it sometimes, would this ever make me less likely to ever leave him if things fell apart in some way. I am strong, independent, etc. but I worry that finding someone who accepts me with HSV would ever be likely if we ever broke up. It wouldn't prevent me from moving forward if need be, but it is a thought that is tucked in the back of my mind.....

Aalia

Yes it will be hard to find someone to accept,n yes this situation will make you more attached n fearful of him leaving

Newtothisandscared

Thank you, Aalia, I do agree now, but I hope if things ever turn sour, that I will have the ability to move forward for my own sake :). 

Anglique

Well we still humans and herpes dont make us less than others and remamber we didnt come to this world with herpes we was also herpes free once but some of us had bad luck and get this fucked up Dessies and at the end of the day all people today have herpes they just dont know unlike us.

Edited by Anglique

WilsoInAus

I would have a different perspective on this. By the time you're 30 odd, herpes is simply an inbuilt factor of the dating scene.

Amongst single, available women, it would be 50% incidence (HSV-1, HSV-2 combined).

Lisajd

No this is not true.  Hsv1g is less likely to transmit to someone than ghsv2.   If a person has an oral hsv infection its highly unlikely they will get it. You should not stay with someone through fear of being alone.  I have ghsv2.  I dumped a guy who accepted me cause i wasnt happy.  Staying with him because he accepted me never crossed my mind.  @Aalia on what basis do you think it will be hard with ghsv1 to find someone?

Newtothisandscared

I truly appreciate everyone's input. I am happy with my relationship now, but I understand and human and know that things may change some day. I was a rare bird, in my 40's and without hsv. I hope to never let my fear of acceptance control me, but I definitely think about it. I have read with ghsv1 that it is controversial in terms of even the need to reveal it to a new partner. I, however, believe in honesty and would make the other person fully aware. 

Blahdittilyblah

I encourage you to really evaluate your circumstances. If you love each other then by all means continue but don't let herpes keep you there. I've been in a situation like that before with my gifter and it's not pleasing to the heart if your there just because of herpes. Would I consider a relationship with my gifter again idk and the only reason I say idk is because of the fear to tell anyone else. But always keep in mind your heart will tell you when, where, how, why when it's that time. If everything is good now enjoy the ride and let the love flow don't worry about the what if's in life because a what if only leads to another what if. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• SureWhyNot
      By SureWhyNot
      Has anyone tried using EFT to control the range of emotions involved with HSV? There is so much anger, guilt and confusion around this virus that the emotional aspect must be dealt with in order to effect the physical healing of the body. I have used it to get through horrible drs appointments and situations of great stress  where I thought I would have to run from a crowded room in tears. It can be done very discreetly, if necessary, anywhere anytime. It is hard to heal a body that believes it should be punished for something beyond control. Ease the mind around the situation and the body can take over to heal.
      You are the only person who knows what is in your mind even if you do not truly know what is causing the distress.  Sometimes it is not what we think as the root can be much deeper and far in our past but we unknowingly carry it forward and pile more onto it so it grows out of manageable proportion. EFT requires you to talk to your self.  There is a series of tapping spots that hit acupuncture points to trigger the body to release. The process requires you to admit the negative that has you upset/in pain, whatever the need, then follow with a positive confirmation to counteract. Keep talking to you, the words will flow as you get closer. When you say the right combination you will feel a remarkable lift and release. It may happen quickly or it may take as long as it takes depending on your need. Expect tears and lots of them if the root is deep and from an intense experience. Once you release the negative it is gone! If you start to slide back to negative thinking it is easy to correct before you get too low.
      There are many sites on the internet showing the efficacy of this modality. It makes sense to stay ahead of the emotions that drain our system. When feelings get strong it is nice to know you have immediate access to a tool to help yourself. Not a cure so not a miracle just a way to manage real life yourself.
      I know there are many who do not believe we can manage our selves but this is something I have proven to myself works and unless we share information how do we learn about these methods. I do not follow this site as much as I used to as I find myself getting prodrome symptoms when reading some posts or dwelling on HSV, which is something I do not do unless it is a result of something I have eaten so I need to understand the reaction. Mind body connection.
       I am now going through NAET ( Allergy Elimination Technique) to allow myself to eat foods I used to be able to eat without reaction. I developed an autoimmune disease from either stress or genetics, hard to say because the drs told me there was nothing wrong with me. I have been living on the same 5 foods for almost a year because whatever I ate I would get a sacral OB. Why would vegetables do that?  I used to be able to eat cheese 3 meals a day, now I can only tolerate fresh cheese every 3 days apart or within 20 mins I get a sacral OB. What sense does that make? The first treatment for base acids was nothing. Once we worked on a missing enzyme I had the most intense physical/mental reaction I have ever dealt with. I know something happened in me. This may be a long process for me or it may be down to the 3 enzymes that were identified as missing in me and once those are addressed I will be back to my old system. Since the drs could not help me I am helping myself. No, it is not free but I am worth investing in, even though I have HSV!!!!                      You will be amazed at what you can do for yourself!!!! 
    • YammyTea
      By YammyTea
      For those who choose to date with herpes and are in fear of someone coming back saying they gave them herpes, maybe a contract would be a good idea.
      The contract should require the person to get tested for herpes prior to sexual involvement, even kissing. (If that person has been with someone in the past 3 months, wait another 3 months and get retested to be sure). The person should also provide a copy of the results (don't just take their word for it).
      The person should acknowledge they are aware that you have herpes and you have full disclosed your status The person should acknowledge they are will to "risk" catching the virus  (I hate the word risk now...fyi) The person should acknowledge they will keep your status confidential I feel this will save some people from guilt and possible lawsuits...just saying
    • livingsilently
      By livingsilently
      OK so before I go into this please understand I know what i did was wrong and I truly never ment to hurt anyone.
      Long story short I was... raped... by my ex boyfriend while in high school. I agreed to have sex but when the time came I told him to stop but he didnt listen and it was the most painful thing ive ever experienced. I never told anyone and a month later I was diagnosed with HSV2 but the NP whole confirmed my results blamed me for this disease and was utterly disgusted by me. I was 19 and pretty much fell into a deep depression until recently. I never told anyone about my disease and kept my suicidal thoughts to myself and never brought it up. My new doctor would ask me if I had any questions but I always said "nope, just need refills" and never discussed the diagnosis.
      Two years ago my college roommates talked me into making a tinder account. I met this amazing guy and he was the first guy I'd date after my high school nightmare. My self esteem was pretty much down to nothing and i was left with hurt and self doubt. We dated and then the time came to have sex. I wanted to tell him but I was so scared he would reject me that I didnt mention the HSV. I told him about my HIV status being negative. We had sex and became official 4 months after dating. Fast forward to a few weeks ago. We started talking about moving in together but I always said i didnt want kids to scare off guys. The guilt from not telling him about my status and imagining living together and have him find my bottle of valtrex and asking me about it caused me so much anxiety that I broke up with him a few days before christmas (2015). I told him I couldnt be with him anymore because I didnt love him (which I do). New Years he got drunk and called me and it hurt to hear him hurt. So I went to his house stayed with him until he sobered up. I finally just told him the whole truth about the rape and my status and feeling like it was punishment. I literally broke down into ugly wails. He lifted my chin up looked me square in the eyes and said "I love you." I was stunned and asked him did he hear what i said? His response was "yea i heard you but i dont think you heard me" 
      That night we made love for the very first time. I never thought I'd find love or find someone to actually look at me but i did. I didnt give him a choice which i feel horrible about. I will always feel guilty that i never told him about my status upfront. I even had him do his own research about it and told him to ask questions. We had a serious talk and he is genuinely ok with it. I even asked him what if we break up and he contracts it. He said well then i'll deal with it. For the future if we dont work out I will be able to tell someone about my status. I let the shame and stigma interfere with my life to the point where I refused to date and do anything. I even thought about ending my life so no one would know about my status. I met this amazing guy who was more upset that i had these crazy thoughts than some skin disease.
  • Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

• HerpesOrNot
      @DJwah curious about your results. anything you can share?
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks. Did you experience general discomfort when urinating for quite a while after the excruciating part was done, or was it instantly over after the week with antivirals? 
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks for the response.  I have been tested for HSV over and over for 5 months (IgM 1 time and IgG over 5 times) and been negative on everything, including a swab of a red rash and of an irritated urethral opening.  My very first symptom of anything was VERY painful urination that lasted about a day or two if I recall, followed a week or so later by a sore throat, chills, night sweats, and fatigue.  Things settled for maybe a few days, then came an extremely itchy anus/rectum with redness for weeks, itchy groin with no redness at all, then eventual red, itchy rash in groin and increase in redness on penile skin with mild itching. Never had a lesion or blister anywhere from what I've seen. Nothing seems to coincide with typical herpes, but herpes isn't always typical from what I've learned. Creams of all kinds from doctors are not helping at all.  I seem to have a new bug no one has ever come across (doubtful), or an atypical case of herpes or something similar. 
    • WilsoInAus
      No, Sebi was a fraud. This article is an interesting summary. https://www.thebody.com/article/dr-sebi-did-not-cure-hiv-nipsey-hussle-documentary If you’re basing the possibility of ‘cures’ on Sebi, I’ve got a car for sale that’s had one careful lady driver! Its simply fact that of the 40 billion people who have ever had HSV 1/2, not one eradicated it from their body.
    • Mr Fasting
      I'm amazed people do not think outside the box and to go to great efforts to reply to me saying "it's not curable" I simply cannot understand. If you truly believe Western Medicine and they say it's not curable then whatever they claim in the future you will live your life with their scientific proof. I simply have posted here to hear from like minded people who are juicing and doing colonics to see what their results are. People who have had cancer have cured it with a alternative lifestyle becoming vegan etc so if cancer is cureable who can't you open your mind and just think could hsv be curable? did you know Dr Sebi was taken to court because he claimed he cured someone with Aids? He turned up with 25 people who he cured of all illnesses and was let off. So please spare me your thought's of "It's not curable" as I will never belive that. Unless you have some experiences with juicing and colonics you wish to share then do not comment on this thread. Will no longer reply to closed minded sad people like yourselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.