World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Newtothisandscared

anal fissures?

Newtothisandscared

Hi Everyone, 

Does anyone else suffer from anal fissures? I am working on a better bowel regimen (fiber, more water, etc.), but they have seemed to have worsened since acquiring ghsv-1....I get no lesions like my ghsv outbreaks produce, just fissures....

Franticheart

Yes I get fissures too, it's very annoying and uncomfortable since getting what I think is ghsv-1. I had never gotten them before.

Newtothisandscared

thank you, Franticheart, it is nice to know i am not alone :)

Soconfused2

Hey i get them too, but mine hasn't healed its been over a year, and now i just have  more. My doc says its not gh-1 but i know for a fact it is. Are yours chronic? Mine literally haven't healed or gone away even when given 3 day treatment of valtrex

Edited by Soconfused2

noone123

Are the fissures actually the herpes virus or just because you have it. I don't think Ive had another OB since my first one but sometimes it does feel sore at the back. I never see anything though, just feel it.

27Vet

I get them too.  I've had them tested for the virus,several times, but it comes back negative.  My GYN told me it would as when he looked down there, he said it doesn't look like herpes.  I think, sometimes ppl just get fissures due to either hard or loose stool.  Also, when you have herpes, you think every pain, lump, etc is due to an outbreak.  Not always the case.  Take a hot bath with epsom salt will help with the healing.

MikeHerp

anal fissures are annoying, especially if they persist.  

HSV has been implicated in causing constipation.  So, indirectly, it could be making anal fissures worse.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Soconfused2
      By Soconfused2
      Has anyone experienced an anal fissure from hsv1? As an initial episode or a recurrence? Problems healing it too...
    • Soconfused2
      By Soconfused2
      I slept with this guy and two days later had an anal fissure, abdominal pain, felt sick etc. my blood test shows i have hsv1. However the fissure has not healed, just got worse overtime... and its been Over a Year! I was prescribed 3 day supply of 500mg valtrex by gyno. Everytime I try the valtrex (ive tried it 3 times over the past year)... the fissure never heals! Ive taken 2 cultures over the past year and each came back negative for hsv. My gyno claims i dont gave GH, but I KNOW i do, i get itchy areas on my butt cheeks sometimes, and small individual pimples from time to time on butt. Im so confused because i know this has to be hsv, but treatments not helping and doctor wont treat me because the cultures came back negative. Now recently ive been getting what i think is an outbreak all over my scalp! That has never happened before, why all of the sudden now?? Is nothing healing because of stress? Seriously its been a year now

I got a colonoscopy too 6 months after i think i "contracted it" because of the abdominal pain and they found some ulcers in small intestine. They said it could be a mild case of Crohn's disease but even the doctor is not sure. So between the anal fissure and intestine problems they say its crohns but all signs point to hsv1 to me.
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.