World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Shababe

Let's talk about a way to cure ourselves

Shababe

Ok you guys let's do a chain . So what did your doctor tell you when they gave you the news ? Mines said I probably couldn't cure it but I can put it in remission .... but there's a problem with his answer that leads me to believe we can heal ourselves 

eitak90

My doctor told me I had HSV II and said it's treatable, not curable. He told me that pregnancy will be tricky, and sent me on my way. Gave me zero information on what triggers outbreaks, prodrome, medication, vitamins, nothing. 

Everything I've learned, has been from my own research and from this website. It's not right, we should be given more. If they can fix shingles and chicken pox, why can't they fix us?

Elle22

Currently there is no cure for herpes. In regard to shingles and chicken pox, no cure for those either. There are preventative vaccines available for herpes zoster (chicken pox/shingles). No preventative vaccines are available for hsv1 and hsv2 at this point in time.

Eitak, preexisting herpes does not make pregnancy tricky. Your doctor may have been unclear on the difference between a new case of hsv during pregnancy and an existing case of hsv before pregnancy. If a woman has herpes and is pregnant, they tend to advise antiviral medication at the end of the pregnancy to prevent an outbreak at the time of delivery. It's not much of a concern. The baby gets some immune defenses against hsv passed on from the mother. But to be extra cautious, if a woman has an active outbreak at the time of delivery, doctors tend to do a C-section.

What can be a big problem however, is if a mother contracts hsv during her pregnancy. This is a lot more dangerous for the baby because it fires up the mom's immune system. If a mother has hsv BEFORE the pregnancy, then she has already developed antibody defenses against the virus. It can also be dangerous for a baby to be exposed to new hsv AFTER birth, such as getting a kiss from a relative with a cold sore. This is because the baby in such a situation has no existing immune defenses.

Hope that helps clear things up!

Lisajd

Shababe your doctors is correct in saying that you can put it into some form of a mission in other words you can suppress the virus and that is by being healthy and when your body starts to develop antibodies over the years you should have symptoms that get less and less.  When you think about when people get cold sores that's normally when they get sick with the flu the same applies with the genital herpes

willford

when i got tested in a walk in clinic for stds, 

I got a call from them and told me i tested positve for HIV!

I was litlerly jumping up and down freaking out, then i got a call back 10 min later stating i did not have HIV  I had HSV1 and 2 

went to my doctor, he say i was asymptomatic i had a rash on my butt cause i did not wipe my self good enough, I caught this while haveing sex with a woman!

He did not want me to take antivirals unless he sees a outbreak. i know i had some but could not see them.

had to tell the nurse what i needed to see him for, are she would not set me up with a appointment,

In one month time i got a email from a friend stating he knows i got Herpies, he is the biggest gossiper in the world.

I shut down and i stay home.

Herpfighter

False with everyone saying it can't be cured. Herpies is nothing more than a virus/parasite. There has been multiple studies "which you can google" of different oils and herbs that have killed the virus. One of the most potent ones is "oil of oregano". Now you can't just take oil of oregano and expect to be cured. You need to detox your body first. If you want more info than message me. Trust me! It is possible. The medical and pharmaceutical field is just about money and treating symptons. They will NOT ever cure you. 

Evaluate
32 minutes ago, Herpfighter said:

False with everyone saying it can't be cured. Herpies is nothing more than a virus/parasite. There has been multiple studies "which you can google" of different oils and herbs that have killed the virus. One of the most potent ones is "oil of oregano". Now you can't just take oil of oregano and expect to be cured. You need to detox your body first. If you want more info than message me. Trust me! It is possible. The medical and pharmaceutical field is just about money and treating symptons. They will NOT ever cure you. 

Welcome to the forum.  Do you have any reliable sources to say that herpes can be cured?  Other than what one reads over the internet.  Anytime I hear someone say "you can cure herpes" 100% of the time it's a complete scam looking to the gullible to grab their money.

ACE2002
11 hours ago, Herpfighter said:

Why do we need to message you? Why not just say it? Oh I see, we need to consult with you and then you offer us a product and sell it to us huh? Yeah right!

Edited by ACE2002