World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Powerpuff1993

New to this

Powerpuff1993

I have hsv 1 and iv only had 2 OB. But i wonder that i just finished my medication and i worried that my sore arent gone. The doctor didn't tell me anything really. Will they go away on there own? Do i need to get more? Do i have to take the medication all the time. Im juat so lost everything i read online is about hsv2. Can i have sex? I have so many questions i dont even know where to start really 

WilsoInAus

Hey and welcome to the website.

Where are these sores? 

Yes these sores will heal and go away like any other type of sore. A recurrent herpes lesion will usually form, ulcerate and heal in about 7-10 days.

When you feel the sores have fully healed, then yes you can have sex. If your partner already has HSV-1 then there is negligible risk to them during sex with no active lesions.

Lisajd

The thing to remember that having genital HSV 1 you are less likely to have outbreaks and probably don't need medication but the same applies you need to maintain a healthy immune system so that you do avoid getting outbreaks.  

Powerpuff1993

Iv been with my partner for 7 years i found out 4 years ago. I have genital sores. Id say it been about 6 day i feel a lot better but i think i still have a tingle sensation. I over think thing a lot. Hes never been tested so im not sure if he has it. I told him should but he would rather not know i guess. We don't use protection at all. I would guess he has it but I'm not sure. 

Nightmare7575

There is a good chance he does have especially with no protection even though I got it with protection . I can understand him not wanting to get tested , because that make it real and this way he can always say he does not have anything. My doctor told me not to get tested ,but I did knowing I did not have it and BAM ,I did,so if I had to do it again I don't know if I would and many in the medical profession say if you don't have symptoms do not get tested like my Doc.  .  He could be asymptomatic like I am   so he will never know if he has it,if you stay together fine,but if not he should get tested for others he might date.