World's Largest Herpes Support Group
RayLynne

New! 21 y/o diagnosed at 18

RayLynne

Hi everyone! Im new to online forums in general. I was diagnosed almost 3 years ago, my freshman year of college, after being sexually assaulted by someone I considered and friend. Previously before that, I had been saving myself for marriage. It took me a long time to accept what had happen to me. I was in so much denial that I had been raped that I even went back to that guy to tell him that he had given me herpes 2 and to tell him that it was okay. I am very open with the fact that I have herpes because i want to help the stigma around it even if I am just educating the people around me. i wanted to join bc obviously i still have some days where I feel worthless and hopeless and bc I want to help every person I can deal with this better than I did. 

Edited by RayLynne

Aalia

I am so sorry that you were raped ,and the emotions that comes with this we always need someone to talk to 

fixme1

sorry to hear, everyone here is here to support you on your days you feel abit put down. welcome to honeycomb!

Lisajd

I'm glad to see that whilst you went through such a horrible time that you are doing something about breaking down the stigma and educating people your age that is a great thing good for you

~1234~

I think you're really amazing for being open, I hope I can be that brave some day or be cured lol kinda prefer the latter but honestly not only what happened to you and to be so positive you are truly special. I hope this forum helps! 

Nightmare7575

How do people respond when you tell them ?  It great you are so open,There is a story on the net from a woman who just tells everybody  whenever she has a chance and is just our to everybody..

RayLynne
6 hours ago, Nightmare7575 said:

How do people respond when you tell them ?  It great you are so open,There is a story on the net from a woman who just tells everybody  whenever she has a chance and is just our to everybody..

Well at first I only told my friends and family and they were more focused on the fact that i was sexually assaulted and less on the fact that I had gotten HSV2. They cared more about how I felt about it than the stigma around it. It also helped that I researched it a ton before telling them so i could answer any questions they had. Telling my BF when when we first started talking was really hard for me. I was afraid he would judge me and not want me in his life but he surprised me by asking me out on another date after he had time to research it. We have been together for over two years now and he is still HSV2 negative. As far as telling other people it started in a class in college. Everyone was making herpes jokes and all I could think about was how misinformed they were. I'm kind of hot headed so I couldn't help but speak out and educate them about how what they thought about herpes isn't true. They surprised me as well! Everyone was way more curious than disgusted like I thought they would be. They politely asked questions and we spend the class hour talking about the truth vs the stigma. Non of them ever acted like they were afraid to touch me or tried to keep their distance like I was terrified they would. Obviously there is a time and a place to tell people. For example I don't tell people at work because I am a cosmetologist and the stigma around it could ruin my career but many people who do know still go to me for services because they are well educated now.

Nightmare7575
  1. Thanks for sharing. You are a very strong person. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Leemell48
      By Leemell48
      Hi everyone. I'm new to these forums. I'm not sure of my status since my possible exposure in September. I have been tested five days after exposure and it came back negative. I keep getting more and more symptoms on and off. I have been every doctor from primary, gyno, dermatologist and dentist. My anxiety is out of control that I've been prescribed ssris but scared to take it since I read that someone said it caused their outbreak. I have been having nightmares about sores covering my face and thighs. I feel terrified of my own body. Being on here has helped some with getting all of this off my chest. If anyone wants to talk I'm here. 
    • imtryingmybest
      By imtryingmybest
      Wow. So, I just got the test results about an hour ago. After calling my mom and sobbing uncontrollably, I did some reading. I read a lot about other women's experiences, and also ended up on this website. Needless to say, I am incredibly upset about it. I feel disgusting. Dirty, gross, like nothing. The worst part: I don't know who gave it to me. I have had more than one sexual partner this past month, and frankly, it is going to be fucking hard to tell them. I don't know how I am going to tell these people, how they will react, if they will tell our friends. Who will I be known as? Who will I become? I'm concerned about future relationships. How to tell those future boyfriends. Will anyone ever love me? I don't want this to become who I am, but right now in the moment, it's hard. Luckily, I am getting medication and seeing a therapist next week. I think that will help. I'm shattered. I'm currently in college, and this is going to be a chip on my shoulder for a while. It almost sucks not having other people know, because they have no idea how hard this is or what I'm going through-- getting diagnosed, all the symptoms, etc. For now, I'm going to try and just take each day at a time. Morale is low, will to live is low, but we always make it to tomorrow. Always. It's never the end, and I don't want this to be the end. Anyways, here I am: needing support, and also ready to give it. 
    • Spotted Dick Mccgee
      By Spotted Dick Mccgee
      The doctor couldn’t tell me for sure and I’m still waiting for the results. I had unprotected sex with a new partner about five days ago. Three days after I woke up with these red spots everywhere. If anything they’ve gotten smaller. There’s no pain/discharge and only minor itching and irritation of my foreskin. What do you think? 
      https://imgur.com/a/sccIpuE

• gypsygoddess
      By gypsygoddess
      Count your blessings and not your problems. Realize that yesterday is gone, today is here, and tomorrow is beginning.
      Let it go and seize the day while you still have it. 
      In the end, you will find your true self and love them even more. 
      Trust me. 
    • kellie1010
      By kellie1010
      Hello all, 
      First of all, wow. What a wonderful community of people here on honeycomb and across the web. I experienced my first outbreak of HSV 1- genital last week and I am so grateful of all the helpful tips and tricks and stories I have read. It truly helped me get through what has been the most painful week of my life: physically and emotionally. 

I got married in May 2018 to the man of my dreams after 4 very happy years of growth and love together. Literally days after we returned from our honeymoon I thought I had some severe chaffing from walking around and sweating. I was so tired, my vagina was inflamed, and soon after days of ignoring the issue/assuming it would go away, I had ulcers form all over my genital area. And I mean ALL over! 

Peeing felt like passing razor blades, I couldn’t clean myself properly, I was afraid to eat or drink, I could barely move and most of all the pain was unbelievable. Before I went to the Gynocologist and got visual diagnosis of herpes I thought it was anything, but that. I have been in a steady relationship for 4 years and I was certain there was no way this virus would sit dormant in me for that long. However, the Doctor took a look and told me it looked a lot like herpes. 

Through my sobbing and shock, I could barely pull myself together. I actually spoke to an on site therapist for about an hour about my fears of my new husband finding me disgusting and viewing me as a burden he was stuck with. I was terrified to tell him. 

However, when I shared the news I was met with unconditional love, understanding and concern. This negative situation actually brought us closer as newly weds. He has been a great support system for me. 

Now, the outbreak has cleared up, but I am experiecing some nerve and “phantom pains” down there. There’s a numbing pain in my butt and left leg that is incredibly irritating. Has anyone else experienced this? 

On another note, I am curious to hear stories of over coming the lack of sexiness and lack of libido after finding out you have herpes? How do you get back the confidence and urge to have sex again? 

Thanks for your time! 
      -K 

• Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      @MikeIke you won’t be normal until you believe you will be.
    • MikeIke
      Having second thoughts on letting it go. Daily it has been : Mouth : redness around lips, lots of breakouts around lips, white skin crusting around lips Penile : Meatitis, redness, urethritis, glans sensitivity, dysuria, shooting pain from urethra, white peeling skin sometimes New: fatigue, random skin depigmentation, pain spreading into butt as nerve pain Girl i was with mentioned "the hsv blood tests are so inaccurate" - - how would she know this? Planning on asking once I know she won't lie.  Next step is meeting with a new urologist. Retesting igg today 14 weeks.  11 week igg and hiv was neg. 12 week igm was neg but may have waited too long.  I just want to be normal again. 
    • cowpoke02
      forgive heals your self .  plus crazy people love you to suffer and not be happy . being happy ruins them not you . the goal is to make you go to hell .  happy you shall be .. keep you healthy and less out breaks .  stress kills immune system and feed the disease and diseases ..   ptsd and insanity is fed by stress. cure is to forgive yourself for getting used or played and enemy . both in a bad spot or they mentally ill with no empathy feeding off hurting people.  so stay happy ... life traps people play you or whole life even parents siblings .. first one to kill ya rob in end is family . you get other ones inheritance .. many people have no empathy and driven to hurt people . mind defects .. you get beat down your nervous system goes to hell you end up with insanity and psychosis ..  delt with it .  learned a lot but now nervous system is gone . damaged for life . never trust people. i have to move away to get better . sell everything off and get robbed .  so don't get trapped stay healthy . forgive the idiot . maybe he got it out in society as well.  maybe he knew or messed around .. forgive for your self .. not for the idiot .  maybe both victims .    enough rambling . trust your gut even if its wrong its right . lol .  true the other cheek is a good rule and get evidence and keep watch . bad people who would kill you in right chance they set you up and play you from the beginning  . they be friends with every one else and undermine your life ..  so smile and get out and secret vice things and security ..  you flip out they say our crazy with straight face . you hang your self basically . many times media does it too they hang you out to community then they may beat you as well.  why be happy turn cheek . plus they can be your helper on inside .  good to not even let em know your stressed they feed off it.  any way that covers the whole spectrum of why you forgive and forget and in the end it points at the bad guy ..  they smart they break you down over time with mind games and emotional damage .  one day figure it out and yu snap . you become the bad guy they look clean .  you muddy up the picture and more facts against you than them . in court they can have people against you witness than for you .  evil set up / they trick you into evidence against you while they covertly did stuff to you maybe for years .. had siblings recently lie in your face and in front of people and act normal . then see em go bye net day smirking and grinning.  they know mommy is retarded and loves all kids even  if they rib and play her ..  evil people.  disturbed me deeply .  they can pass lie detectors lie to alll .  bring up when you snapped after lifetime of abuse vandalism threats ..  evil as hell . good luck ..  thats why forgive forget gather evidence . don't buy the farm till you find out not moving into crime ring or mad man neighbor . lol. i still can't believe it . half alive at this point ..  nervous system goes your in torture and financial distress and lose entire life .  they drive buy make sure you know they watching you .  make sure see hear them . to keep destabilizing you ..  this can be family special if they have narc dna like mine.  i am not a narc so they all got me at bottom and play me for fun .. once i leave they have to bet on each other ..  they all ready one .. evilest crazy people on earth protected by the law and usually have connections and other crazy people .  be good have fun be safe .  
    • jmherped
      well, the bht isn't as great as I thought really, this outbreak has gone the full cycle.. although not as bad as it could have been.  My thyroid is pinching my windpipe, and I get gut inflammation when it flares up with the herpes outbreak, so thinking I have hashimoto's.  I can't really afford to do blood tests though, and I'm hoping that it's not the case that my immune system has gone rogue and now attacking my thyroid, but it wouldn't surprise me as my immune system is hyper active and it just doesn't stop the attack.  My immune system is in a state of dysregulation.  I'm taking some cheap generic aciclovir here but the fillers create terrible side effects and it is not as effective as the valtrex, though that is not saying much, though I did not give it enough credit as it was keeping my relatively afloat.  I have a shipment of famciclovir coming in and will try that for 90 days, and then probably go back to the valtrex.  I'm taking my game to a new level in order to enhance t cell functions, remove all extra external sources of inflammation, and potential autoimmune triggers.  I need to regain control of my hpt axis.  I'm currently doing bone broth fasting for three days and have bounced pretty well from that, gut inflammation gone and neck swelling coming down, still the last residual blisters in the back of my mouth, around the epiglottis and that mucous flesh back there.  When I start eating again I'm going to be doing sardines, spinach, sweet potatoes, full paleo ai diet.  There a ton of information about regulating the th1-th2-th3 system on selfhacked.com, but this is complicated stuff, and it gets so expensive.  My shopping carts at iherb and amazon right now are over 1000 for just one month of stuff, so this isn't going to work for me.  The thymosin peptides look very interesting.  Thymosin alpha is used for treating hep b and c, and it is immune modulating.  I'm not sure what is going on, so supplementing would be trial and error, whereas thymosin alpha should do what I'm trying to achieve automatically, if it works.  Hoping to get it soon from the pharmacy here.  I tried 35mcg of T4 levothyroxine as few days ago and it was the worst experience of my life, very bad trip, horrible effects.  If I end up on that crap I would probably rather be dead.  Thank god for the low dose naltrexone and methylene blue though, these two are life savers.  5 mg of methylene blue gives me full brain power and good body energy, and seems to knock back the herpes.  LDN, is really good for feeling better.  As soon as I'm done with my swim I feel the endorphins just cranking out and it really helps to calm the nervous system.  Quite a lot can to experiment with diet/supplement wise, and I feel it can mostly be done with diet.  I'm dropping back to 500mg bht, and will stay there.  It does make the valtrex etc combo work better, but I haven't seen any great benefit from higher doses.  I will let you know how the thymosin alpha works for me.  I'm pretty sure most of my herpes symptoms are coming from the attack on my thyroid.  I am hoping it is not an ai attack, but from what I"ve been reading, all signs seem to point that way.  The next time i talk to the online doctor I will ask him if it is possible to get inflamed thyroid from herpes without the immune system self attack involved.  If it is autoimmune, I will guinea pig myself with a shot of stems in the my neck, I would rather die than lose my thyroid.  Well, good luck everybody.... 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @raregem that’s most generous of you to provide all interested people on this forum with free herpes treatments, just the way nature intended.  Thank you. Pip... Pip... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.