World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
RayLynne

Pregnancy Questions

RayLynne

One of the things I am most worried about and have never gotten a straight answer from a doctor about is if it is safe for me to have children in the future and what the risks and precautions are. All I have ever wanted is to have a healthy and loving family and I am so scared by the thought of harming my future children. I guess I am just asking for knowledge on the topic and maybe even some personal experiences. 

Jayceeeee

Yes there are plenty of people who have healthy hsv - children .. just have to talk to your dr about your on 

Lisajd

If you already have hsv the only risk is during birth if you have an outbreak.  Then you would need a c section.  Ive seen many ladies on support groups with healthy kids

WilsoInAus
4 hours ago, RayLynne said:

One of the things I am most worried about and have never gotten a straight answer from a doctor about is if it is safe for me to have children in the future and what the risks and precautions are. All I have ever wanted is to have a healthy and loving family and I am so scared by the thought of harming my future children. I guess I am just asking for knowledge on the topic and maybe even some personal experiences. 

Yes all safe and it hardly gives much cause for concern with doctors these days. Around 20% of babies born today are to women with genital herpes. As mentioned, if there is an outbreak at the time of birth I'm sure a c-section would be discussed. Other measures include daily antivirals for the last month of term. Best to to have an upfront conversation with your doctor, develop a plan and stick to it. 

(My partner who has HSV-2 is just one example with two healthy children and no issues with HSV, as I mentioned though, there are literally millions upon millions of examples).

Aalia

Yes girl its safe to have kids ,if you have an ob during delivery then you need to ask for a c-section if not you could have the baby naturally,i had hsvg and i give birth to a healthy baby 

Edited by Aalia

Irides

When i found out i was pregnant, i intially contacted my gyn to schedule an abortion because of my fear of neonatal exposure. My doctor basically told me to chill the f*** out. Lol. She told me how extremely low the chances of that are and that it was definitely not a reason to terminate a pregnancy. I gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby girl, no c section.  I recall being told to take antivirals daily beginning two weeks before my due date. But i dont remember the dosage as this was more than six years ago. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• FaithForever_
      By FaithForever_
      I had been feeling sick for over a year. got tested for every std everthing was negative. Didn’t have symptoms of herpes but requested a test the doctor told me I wasn’t showing any symptoms and didn’t need a test but I insisted on being tested. The results was positive for HSV-1 and negative for HSV-2 but my antibodies numbers were high and if I got a bump on my private area to come in right away to be tested for HSV-2 . I’m almost certain I have HSV-2 because lately I’ve been experiencing problems “down there”  But any ways during the year before being diagnosed I believe my kids may have contracted it from me. My kids love kissing me we have always been affectionate and loving towards each other. Why I feel this way is because I see changes in their appearance such as dark circles under eyes and pimples in my 8 year old daughters face (never had anything on face before now)she was a cheerleader but is no longer interested and complains of headaches sometimes and she always says she’s tired. The same with my 3 year old, she talks very well and for the first time she says very often mommy I don’t feel well, she has a pimple on her face now that looks like a hair bump and she got bit by a mosquito 2 days ago but now she has what looks like mosquito bites on her legs and thighs like 6 total and one on her arm I know she wasn’t bitten that many times but she often gets sick with a fever. I told her doctor of my recent diagnosis of HSV-1 and he made the comment that it is fine, most kids get it from parents aunts and friends and told me If she get a cold sore use abbreva (spellcheck). I feel that it’s more to this and it’s very discouraging to think you’ve caused this type of pain to your kids. Have any one experienced this and what helps ? I want to have them tested for HSV-1 but the doctor said more than likely it will be positive. I haven’t had cold sore neither have they but before the diagnosis when I feel I initially contracted HSP-1 my daughter was 2 and potty training so I had to wipe her and she’s 3 now and still needs help. I feel so gulity and I cry a lot and I’m always telling them no kisses no sharing drinks and using separate lip gloss I know they’re wondering why everything that we use to do they can’t do any more I pray so much I just hope my kids be ok it’s not about me at this point. 
    • IamPositive
      By IamPositive
      After my crazy experiment with neem left me with a full blown outbreak and causing lots of stresses since I have an infant. Now first time in my life after almost 5 years dealing with GHSV2, I’m taking daily suppressive pill. I’m on 500mg valtrex daily.. so far no more lesions.. hope things would get much better... and hopefully reduce the risk/anxiety spreading the virus accidentally/unintentionally to other.
    • IamPositive
      By IamPositive
      Hi, I’ve read somewhere that woman who has herpes(in the past) then got pregnant, are unlikely to pass the virus to her offspring because her body send the passive antibodies through the placenta which protecting her newborn from the virus during the labour. Now, if it’s true.. how long that antibodies remains in the baby’s body? Is it that’s mean the baby won’t contract herpes in the future? For                example = I had herpes(GSHV2)  years before my pregnancy, had multiple outbreaks during my pregnancy and baby were born healthy. After the birth.. is my baby still has protection from the virus? If yes, how long?? Thank you.
    • Jay2255
      By Jay2255
      How can you best protect your wife and other family members from your infection?

• Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.