World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Rational Vaxxer

Message to Usher and everyone else

fixme1

well said rich, keep up the positive outlook! you are the voice for all scared to stand up

RVX Patient and Investor
Lady_Lola

Great message! Thank you for the uplifting words!

worrier123

Hope many people see this and think twice before stereotyping. Great message! :)

MissHope

That was awesome! I'm in awe of your courage and your outlook.... bravo RV! 

Lisajd

There was an article that was written that had a whole heap of incorrect information and a member of project.org wrote to the magazine and told them that it was an inaccurate article.  It is Times Like These that make it hard for people with herpes and can fuel the stigma and pulling newspapers and magazines up is a good step.  

I hope you send your link to these magazines who Shame people

Rational Vaxxer
15 hours ago, fixme1 said:

well said rich, keep up the positive outlook! you are the voice for all scared to stand up

Thank you

Rational Vaxxer
15 hours ago, RVX Patient and Investor said:

Too bad that BET article is filled with inaccuracies lol

7 hours ago, Lisajd said:

There was an article that was written that had a whole heap of incorrect information and a member of project.org wrote to the magazine and told them that it was an inaccurate article.  It is Times Like These that make it hard for people with herpes and can fuel the stigma and pulling newspapers and magazines up is a good step.  

I hope you send your link to these magazines who Shame people

Please send them to me

https://www.facebook.com/MakeHerpesGoAway/

Edited by Rational Vaxxer

SupermansJustice

This is beyond awful. He knew he had the disease. Re-upload a new video.

moialbalushi

Man that was a great video. Thnx so much. I dont mean to be racist or something but this stigma is sadly spread in America mostly. And America has a really strong media. 

Again, thank you so much. Im glad I watched it. 

Edited by moialbalushi

moialbalushi

Im just afraid that usher is going to make an advertisement about valtrex just like britny spears. 

realscience77

Nice message. Very positive Rich!

WilsoInAus

Yes what a total beat up. Certainly true that if Usher had more support he'd never have even contemplated a settlement. 

A single African American woman with herpes - who'd have thought? She would have had full knowledge that there was a 75% chance she'd obtain HSV-2 in her life. I wonder what  she actually had prior to the episode and didn't disclose.. HSV, HPV, Shingles, EBV, CMV...

Rational Vaxxer
16 hours ago, moialbalushi said:

Man that was a great video. Thnx so much. I dont mean to be racist or something but this stigma is sadly spread in America mostly. And America has a really strong media. 

Again, thank you so much. Im glad I watched it. 

Not gonna lie. Merica is kinda messed up but many are trying to fix it. 

12 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Yes what a total beat up. Certainly true that if Usher had more support he'd never have even contemplated a settlement. 

A single African American woman with herpes - who'd have thought? She would have had full knowledge that there was a 75% chance she'd obtain HSV-2 in her life. I wonder what  she actually had prior to the episode and didn't disclose.. HSV, HPV, Shingles, EBV, CMV...

That's the question isn't it? Playing the blame game is a no win situation. 

Rational Vaxxer
16 hours ago, moialbalushi said:

Im just afraid that usher is going to make an advertisement about valtrex just like britny spears. 

Britney????

moialbalushi
2 hours ago, Rational Vaxxer said:

Britney????

Thats what I know

useless

Sorry for Usher but spare a thought for the women he slept with and gave herpes to. It's not about the money. That's if it's true he already knew he had H.

Whyyyyy
16 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Why would you say a single African American woman has a 75% chance of obtaining hsv2

Untouchable1
18 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Exactly @Whyyyyy. @WilsoInAus It came off racist/sexist and it is totally irrelevant if she had anything prior....he gave her herpes. I am confused by your comment. Because she is a single African American woman she shouldn't have had sex with him because she has a 75% chance of getting hsv2 in her lifetime?? I am sure that she was thinking about contracting HSV every time she had sex with USHER, the superstar...umm, that would be a negative. Any race or sex even would have slept with Usher....come on, race has nothing to do with anything in this situation. He clearly didn't do the right thing sleeping with people, not disclosing and taking advantage of his status. Let her be the 'victim' that she clearly was as he paid her off. Apparently more women are coming out of the woodwork now..so there goes all of his HSV donation money.  Hope he is working on another CD.

WilsoInAus
5 hours ago, Whyyyyy said:

Why would you say a single African American woman has a 75% chance of obtaining hsv2

Yes that is the ultimate expected proportion for a sexually active African American female as revealed in NHANES research.

WilsoInAus
4 hours ago, Untouchable1 said:

Exactly @Whyyyyy. @WilsoInAus It came off racist/sexist and it is totally irrelevant if she had anything prior....he gave her herpes. I am confused by your comment. Because she is a single African American woman she shouldn't have had sex with him because she has a 75% chance of getting hsv2 in her lifetime?? I am sure that she was thinking about contracting HSV every time she had sex with USHER, the superstar...umm, that would be a negative. Any race or sex even would have slept with Usher....come on, race has nothing to do with anything in this situation. He clearly didn't do the right thing sleeping with people, not disclosing and taking advantage of his status. Let her be the 'victim' that she clearly was as he paid her off. Apparently more women are coming out of the woodwork now..so there goes all of his HSV donation money.  Hope he is working on another CD.

It is entirely relevant what people may have and not disclose. The question remains, did she disclose all her sexually transmittable viruses and bacteria? HPV, HSV, EBV, CMV etc. How do we know that she didn't have HSV-2 before the sexual episode she described. What evidence is there that Usher is actually the source?

I do think it is relevant to ask the question why would a person deserve a millions dollars for an infection experienced by a billion people worldwide. If we truly believed this, then why aren't we giving everyone who contracts HSV-2 a million dollars?

It is precisely because he is superstar that changes the equation. The chance of these guys NOT having HSV-2 is close to zero. No one forced her to have sex with a superstar; no one forced her not to use condoms; no one forced her not to request a blood test before having sex. I'm sorry, but if you choose to have sex with a superstar then where is the personal responsibility?

RVX Patient and Investor

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/usher-sued-woman-claiming-exposed-herpes-article-1.3347591

its hard to know the truth...

did he know or not know?  was he the victim or victimizer or both?  what responsibility does each person have for their own consented actions?

celebs are targets.  if i was a celeb, i'd get the vax the protect myself.

K_Sock
3 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

It is entirely relevant what people may have and not disclose. The question remains, did she disclose all her sexually transmittable viruses and bacteria? HPV, HSV, EBV, CMV etc.

Valid..but such an oversimplification! Whether or not it should be, or whether or not we like it to be, HSV is a devastating virus for one to acquire in the western world. HSV and HIV are the two sexually transmittable viruses that are feared most and so they have prominence over the others even if they might not medically. Basically, the rules are different for HSV and HIV...

How do we know that she didn't have HSV-2 before the sexual episode she described.

Asking such a question adds nothing at all........................

What evidence is there that Usher is actually the source?

Minimal evidence.... It's not really even confirmed he has it at all.. People shouldn't be quick to judge.

I do think it is relevant to ask the question why would a person deserve a millions dollars for an infection experienced by a billion people worldwide. If we truly believed this, then why aren't we giving everyone who contracts HSV-2 a million dollars?

Someone sued because their coffee burned them... Let's not talk about the law or the culture of suing... All of it is fairly backwards...

It is precisely because he is superstar that changes the equation. The chance of these guys NOT having HSV-2 is close to zero.

But yet these stories make the news very very infrequently...

No one forced her to have sex with a superstar; no one forced her not to use condoms; no one forced her not to request a blood test before having sex. I'm sorry, but if you choose to have sex with a superstar then where is the personal responsibility?

That's silly. As even @Rational Vaxxer noted a virgin can get HSV on her first sexual experience and should feel no real personal responsibility (she's not at fault).. By the same line of thinking, neither is a prostitute or this lady of subject who slept with Usher. 

WilsoInAus
6 minutes ago, K_Sock said:

Valid..but such an oversimplification! Whether or not it should be, or whether or not we like it to be, HSV is a devastating virus for one to acquire in the western world. HSV and HIV are the two sexually transmittable viruses that are feared most and so they have prominence over the others even if they might not medically. Basically, the rules are different for HSV and HIV...

Asking such a question adds nothing at all........................

Minimal evidence.... It's not really even confirmed he has it at all.. People shouldn't be quick to judge.

Someone sued because their coffee burned them... Let's not talk about the law or the culture of suing... All of it is fairly backwards...

But yet these stories make the news very very infrequently...

That's silly. As even @Rational Vaxxer noted a virgin can get HSV on her first sexual experience and should feel no real personal responsibility (she's not at fault).. By the same line of thinking, neither is a prostitute or this lady of subject who slept with Usher. 

Why is HSV devastating? How much of it stigma?

What do you mean asking whether a person may have had HSV-2 before this episode given the reasonable chance of this occurring "adds nothing". It is entirely relevant.

Suing for cold sores is backward and as silly as it sounds.

Personal responsibility is not silly, it is part of being an adult.