World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
IcantThinkofaName

Vitamin D Check your levels

IcantThinkofaName

I don't see a lot of posting about Vitamin D3 in natural supplements. Of course you can get Vitamin D from the sun, but that also is a trigger for some.

Vitamin D (d3) is critical in immune health.

I suggest to have your levels checked.

My level is low, and I get OBs every month.  I was surprised it was so low since its summer time and I wonder why? Maybe I don't go outside enough, but I only wear sunscreen on my face. BTW , one only needs 10 minutes or so of sun exposure daily to get a nice full daily dose of Vit.D.  It also helps with depression.

I have this feeling if I can my levels up to 40 ng/mL  ( a minimum level suggested by Dr Rhonda Partick and several others) then I might have less OBs

Just something to consider. 

This chart is from the lab. It has been suggested that some people need more than 30ng/Ml to be optimal and maybe need to go closer towards the 100ng

Reference Range:
Vitamin D status Range
Deficiency <20 ng/mL
Mild Deficiency 20-30 ng/mL
Sufficiency 30-100 ng/mL
Toxicity >100 ng/mL

Dignity#

I agree, I was tested for a vitamin D, deficiency and it was low so now to avoid breakouts I take 5,000iu of Vitamin D, and 2,000mg of monolaurin combined with 1,000 lysine, twice a day and it helps me alot with immune health. also L- Glutamine is an essential amino acid as well, and a dietary supplement I take before my workouts but I am trying to watch what I eat to prevent future break outs. I have an auto-immune condition as well so it compromises my immune system, I have graves disease. I agree with you goodluck

LillianPanos

Everyone is low on Vitamin D!

byornk

I would like to positively confirm that increasing my vitamin D3 levels did more to reduce outbreaks than anything else. If I don't take my D3 emulsion drops for more than a week or two, then within week or two later, I start to get signs of outbreaks.

Don't forget to take other minerals and vitamin C (buffered)) to ensure you properly absorb vitamin D, and that the vitamin D doesn't deplete other vitamins from your body.

IcantThinkofaName

Yeah the liquid ones are the best because its a fat soluable vitamin! I think Vitamin K is a supplement to take along with D for proper absorption.

I haven't had my level rechecked but have't had an OB in over 6 weeks- the longest ever. Yay!

I think a high Vit D level  is critical for immune support for anyone fighting any illness, virus, depression, cancer or whatever.

Mackie82

I started taking vitamin D recently, I was not aware it's a major supplement for the immune system so I have taken all the other supplement but not The D. Is 5000IU per day enough and to absorb it better I am taking vitamin C , any better suggestion in regards of dose/ other supplements will be highly appreciated. Thanks 

IcantThinkofaName
21 minutes ago, Mackie82 said:

I started taking vitamin D recently, I was not aware it's a major supplement for the immune system so I have taken all the other supplement but not The D. Is 5000IU per day enough and to absorb it better I am taking vitamin C , any better suggestion in regards of dose/ other supplements will be highly appreciated. Thanks 

3000-5000IU  a day is good I think, depending where you live on the equator and what your levels are measured at. I will be buying that 5000 dose too on my next order as winter is coming. Up to 10,000 daily is ok if you are super deficient ( and you should know what your levels are). You will need to get a test later on to see where your levels are at after supplementing.  (D is toxic at very high levels)

https://draxe.com/vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms/

Natural sources are Cod Liver, mushrooms, sardines...

https://draxe.com/top-10-vitamin-d-rich-foods/

I take this with my D:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/doctors-best-natural-vitamin-k2-45-mcg-180-veg-caps?otherSize=DB164

this is about other supplements: 

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/

I have heard somethign about taking calcium too?? maybe its take vit D for your calcium supplement?

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-tricalcium-complex-vitamins-d-k-100-caps

caliman2345

My Vitamin D level also came out to be very low (~ 7.5) and the doctor has started me on Vitamin D2 50,000IU capsules, once every week. It is common to have low Vitamin D levels, especially for vegetarians like me. There are some theories that intra-cellular bacteria can lead to low Vit. D levels as well, but no one has studied the link between viral infections and Vitamin D levels.

Mackie82
2 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

3000-5000IU  a day is good I think, depending where you live on the equator and what your levels are measured at. I will be buying that 5000 dose too on my next order as winter is coming. Up to 10,000 daily is ok if you are super deficient ( and you should know what your levels are). You will need to get a test later on to see where your levels are at after supplementing.  (D is toxic at very high levels)

https://draxe.com/vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms/

Natural sources are Cod Liver, mushrooms, sardines...

https://draxe.com/top-10-vitamin-d-rich-foods/

I take this with my D:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/doctors-best-natural-vitamin-k2-45-mcg-180-veg-caps?otherSize=DB164

this is about other supplements: 

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/

I have heard somethign about taking calcium too?? maybe its take vit D for your calcium supplement?

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-tricalcium-complex-vitamins-d-k-100-caps

Thank you very much for your kind information, btw i never did a test for vitamin D because I used to live in 50+ degree in the Arabian gulf so the sun is available all the year but recently I have not been out so much so I don't expose Myslef to sun that's why I started to take vitamin D. But I will do the test soon in order to confirm the result and I will take it accordingly. Thanks 

friendlyboy

@IcantThinkofaName@Mackie82@Dignity#

Beware of taking more than 4000 UI for a long time, you can reach toxicity levels. Since it is liposoluble it is stored in fat tissue, if you take in too much you'll be in trouble for a long time.

Do not take calcium with vit D3, it already increases calcium absorption. One of the main toxic effects of excess vit D is the development of hypercalcemia.

I've been having continuous OBs since my first OB in may, even with suppressive valacyclovir, with one week periods of relief every 1.5 months. After reading the parent post here a month ago or so, since I avoid sun exposure it dawned on me that it is likely that my own vit D3 levels are suboptimal. Therefore, I started taking 20 min/day of sun exposure when I can, and vit D3 supplement 2500 UI every day for the first week and after that every other day since 3 weeks ago.

I don't know if it is really making a difference yet, but my last OB stopped 2 weeks ago and I have been mostly clean since then. Time will tell.

Edited by friendlyboy

Quest

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/12/16/my-one-hour-vitamin-d-lecture-to-clear-up-all-your-confusion-on-this-vital-nutrient.aspx

Dr. Mercola is my go-to for this info. Remember that you can't bathe right away after taking it. You will wash the Vit D from your skin. I will add more info later. DO's will want you somewhere around 40-80 nanograms. The best source is the sun between 10-2pm. I was low too. Good topic!!!!:thankyoukiss:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Quest
      By Quest
      I am looking for your secret to success! Feel Stressed Angry Unloved want to prevent OB
      So far I am not successful when I don't get my negative thoughts/ emotional well-being in check or am super overwhelmed for a day or longer-I will break out. I lost my sibling to cancer when I came in. I am getting sued by his ex who thinks she deserves the home. So far, I have about 25 thousand in this case and we have only been to court once! Then my sis informed me that my mom gave her her entire estate! My mom is needy and guess who always rescues her? I feel crushed knowing that! Of course they are acting stupid and lying. The list goes on...
      How do you stop an OB? 
      List natural remedies or lifestyles...food...please because antivirals make my hair fall out!and any humor is welcome.
      I will do my best and see if my current bag-o-goodies works!!!?!?! 
      I am on DHEA, 4000vit D, DEA-EPA 1000mg.ish immune vitamins, B complex, iodine, 1t standardized elderberry, selenium 1G vitC, Colostrum 500 mg.  Digestive enzymes. Workout, 30 sleep 6-9hrs broken
      half healthy /comfort food! Heh heh.
      Zinc -boric acid inserts. Food grade hydrogen peroxide zinc sulfate DMSO 
      and1 T MSM sulfur. Lemon balm-jasmine tea. Kimchi. No sugar since it wrecks the immune system!
      Hah, when my ass itches I spray with zinc lactate! It takes the itch away, right away! So far no blisters, but looking to add your fave!
      Techniques-thought stopping and guided meditation.
      Goal- Stop Out Break @ my HSV buddies and will tag a few too! @LatentBloomer @Scooby2112 @cracked
      @WannaCry @Divon @WilsoInAus
    • Kelly24
      By Kelly24
      So my sister was doing research for a patient who does not have herpes, but the doctor who recommends the therapy mentioned that she uses it on herself to heal her herpes sores and relieves pain.  She said with the lazer therapy, lesions heal within 2-3 days.  I would love anyones input and experience with this therapy.  Here is the product she used.  It also states on the website that it heals herpetic lesions.
      http://www.bioptron.com/  

• Dignity#
      By Dignity#
      Hello, everyone I wanted to ask I am newly diagnosed with herpes. I wanted to ask has anyone tried monolaurin and lysine to help prevent breakouts?
       I am also watching my diet, and I have an auto-immune condition known as graves disease so it compromises my immune system anyway. I also have fibromyalgia which is chronic nerve pain, and a herniated disc. The monolaurin and lysine really help me prevent future breakouts in my genital area, I have been taking it for a week now at 2,000mg of monolaurin and 1,000g of lysine. I take the monolaurin 3xs a day and it helps me to prevent breakouts, and I use tea tree oil to help heal the sores and itching very quickly and prevent them from coming out. I will keep taking this and then maybe taper off to a lower dose next week and see how  I feel. I am in a good place and really trying to manage this condition
    • Salgr2020
      By Salgr2020
      Hello everyone,
      First post and Im pretty sad because it is also my first outbreak and it is a doozey. I have been doing some google research, and trying to find some kind of natural remedy for my cold sores. Any suggestions? My friend suggested oregano oil, but it is honestly pretty hard to use, not to mention . . . potent. On a similar blog someone recommended to me a oregano oil lip balm on a site called heensapothecary.com. Anyone else try to treat their sores with oregano oil and have any success?
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Ashia
      Hey there. Best thing to do is to go in and specifically ask for a herpes IgG blood test and a swab if you have any active sores / bumps present. That's the only way to know for certain. Your symptoms do not sound like the typical symptoms one would experience, but, each person experiences this virus differently. Best to get checked before assuming the worst. Best of luck to you! 
    • asian_gg
      Good question. I want to know the answer too. I apply Abreva to the infected area preventively and take multivitamin to boots up immunity. I am not sure how effective my method is but it is better than doing nothing I guess. 
    • honkschonks
      My assumption and ignorance of herpes was oozing puss filled blistering sores, pain and sickness. You get it by sleeping with whores and sketchy people. Boy was I wrong. I know this is long but hopefully some of you can relate. A week ago I woke up to small painless blisters on my penis out of nowhere. Never happened before. No pre-itching, no pre-tingling, no redness, no sick feelings, no pain, no discharge. I hadn’t slept with anyone in over a month, so wtf. The next morning they were gone, with cuts/sores left behind. They didn’t itch or hurt, only as much as a cut would. I left them alone. I went to a doctor and showed him a photo of the blisters (because they were already gone), he said looks like herpes. How could it be? No woman I’ve ever slept with in the past two years has mentioned it before, during or after me. I didn’t have one night stands. I had regular friends with benefits who could tell me. The doctor did a swab. I asked for a blood test and he said there’s no point. He was certain, so I went to another doctor. He looked at the photos and said it doesn’t look like herpes. I was confused. I asked for a blood test. He was hesitant, but I got an IGG. Now in the past couple years I have had some cuts between my buttcheeks. I always chalked it up to yeast or not wiping enough or too much. It always came out of nowhere, no sickness, no brutal pain, no ooozing puss filled blisters. I never went to a doctor about it. It was uncomfortable, but eventually went away after a week or two. I had assumed genital herpes meant penis, and I wasn’t having anal sex. On this very forum when I was doing research waiting for results, someone said I was being ridiculous thinking I have herpes with non-symptoms like these. Well, today I went in for my swab results. I’m still waiting for the IGG test, but the herpes culture came back positive for HSV2 isolated. The doctor is certain the IGG will come back positive. I’m not really sure how to deal with all this. Right now I feel like a leper, like damaged goods, but also if I’ve had this for years and had no idea until now, I also feel like it’s no big deal. Not a single person in the past two years has got it from me to my knowledge or were incredibly lucky to get a version that shows no symptoms. My concern is explaining that to people going forward who have my prior assumptions, and will not want me. One doctor told me I should for legal reasons go back a year and tell everyone I’ve been with. Another doctor said that’s not realistic. I didn’t have a major episode where I can pinpoint infection, so how far back should I go? I don’t have contact info for many of these people now. I’m not sure what to do. I have so much more to say. I look forward to talking to you all, and am happy this forum exists. Thanks for listening.  
    • MrKyGuy
      Thanks for the reply - I’ll try not to think about it and I’ll update in a couple weeks either way. 
    • Lumberjuanfifty
      Hello , I'm new to this page. Never though I'd sse so much support from people regarding this so called ( hsv) To be honest I dont even know what's wrong with me . I've tested negative in everything. So a little background, I had sex with a person months back. Then later I found out she was married, her husband calls me uo and says HEY MANUEL GO GET TESTED   I know you and my girl were going out behind me back. But in  reality i had no clue she was married only had sex once. But then after he called me i started seeing weird things going on down their. No burning or anything like that. But I do once in a while get a TINGLING SENSATION. AND LATELY IVE BEEN GETTING VERY TINY RED DOTS oN MY PENIS. when I'm fully erect it turns really red. But no sores or anything like that. The weirdest thing is  semen  feels very very thick. I've never ever experienced anything like that In My life. I'm scared to death to be honest. I cant sleeep nothing at all. It just feels very dry and red  whe erect. What could this possibly be???!!! I would post a picture but in very embarrassed. I'm 30 years old. Had one partner my sons mom for 15 years.  But iva had 2 partners aside from here since we broke up. In the last year. Plese anyone can help me out. I'm in full depress mode.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.