World's Largest Herpes Support Group

HarrisonIs

Hello!

So this is another post from me because, once again, I'm not sure if I'm having an outbreak!

I've only ever had two definite OBs;

My primary OB which was terrible, swelling, about 10 sores up to 5mm in diameter on foreskin and frenelum, painful and swollen lymph nodes in my groin, lasting about 2-3 weeks until I was back to normal.

Then unsure of if I was having them for about 3-4 weeks but I think it was just scare tissue from the healing sores.

About 5 weeks after initial OB my definite Secondary OB which was only 1 sore around 3mm on my foreskin, slight/no tingling, no pain, no swelling in my nodes, this lasted about a week until fully healed.

Now, I remember how the stinging, tingling, feeling felt of my Primary OB and I've never experienced that since, I am at around 10 months since my Primary OB and other than the above occurrences I've never been able to tell if I'm having an OB. All I've had is the occasional red dot that's around 0.5mm either right under my glans at the join to my foreskin or on the corona of my glans and it doesn't seem to ever act like a sore, doesn't blister, no pain, doesn't seem to be a little hole in my skin but more of a bump outwards and it hasn't been in the same place as my Primary or Secondary OBs. I can't seem to tell if I'm just experiencing redness, thrush, irriation or a popped blood vessel after sex with my girlfriend or masturbation. I'm starting to drive myself mad with checking in case I am indeed having an outbreak and I can't seem to find any information on this!

Basically what I'm looking for is descriptions of what you all experience with your OBs, HSV1 or 2? size of your sores, number of sores, location (glans? Corona? Frenelum? Foreskin?). I know that may seem weird but I need to see if what I'm experiencing is an OB. I think this may help a lot of people know what they're experiencing!

Thanks for any answers!

H

overwhelmed_17

Wish I could help. But I'm a female. I had a definite outbreak during the night time. It was a very distinct pain in my vagina like the very inside. And also before that happened wheich sent me back to the doctor to get tested for herpes, I had little white pus bumps formed on the left lip of my vagina, it was very itchy. It went away when I started using yeast infection cream twice daily and not scratching. My doctor was very non caring because I initially went to get checked for herpes and she refused to test me saying they don't do tests unless you have an actual outbreak. But anyways I realized now that I was having frequent bacterial and yeast infection because I was exposed to herpes. I'm switching doctors though because my doctor hasn't replied to me yet. I asked for prescription. They been acting annoyed with me ever since I found out I have herpes. 

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Create an account or sign in to use Live Chat

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

• Similar Content

• Jimmyjimmyhuapua
        By Jimmyjimmyhuapua
        Hi everyone today i sent an e mail to herpes.org.uk asked them to contact with researchers from Einstein School of Medicine as herpes foundation and ask about their vaccine work. I am sure this will be better. 
        I also want from others to do the same we can contact with foundations and give them idea. I will wait for answer from them and will share with you.
        I also wanted to contact with American herpes foundation but they dont have contact mail or phone. 
        We can ask these foundations to contact with excision about their work,
        To contact ongoing trials.
        I am sure that we will br helping them by our findings and researches.
        We can make a lake by drops.. If everyone here tries to drop we can have a big lake...
        Then i will be hopefull really.

• Looking4help
        By Looking4help
        Had unprotected vaginal and oral sex Jan 3. Partner was newly infected from separate partner two weeks previous. Partner was not in outbreak when we had sex. 
        One week later, partner had painful lesions on vagina and was officially diagnosed with genital herpes. 
        Took blood test (way too early) which was negative  
        Have no lesions on my genitals. Nor any itching on my genitals. It’s almost 17 days since the unprotected sex. 
        Yet my thighs itch. Inner thigh, but not where my penis touches. Not unbearable but noticeable. Consistent for 3-4 days. No redness, rash, or any other sign of infection, even where it itches. 
        So im confused. Do I have symptoms or no? My thought is no, but I’m ashamed of my behavior and am over thinking everything. 
        Can somebody help me?  
      • Gl182
        By Gl182
        Hi all,
        I was diagnosed with ghsv1 in December and had an awful awful initial outbreak. I have my first date since diagnosis coming up and I’m terrified. I started speaking to the guy before I contracted herpes, and was super flirty with him with plenty of hints that I’d be willing for things to happen on the first date. Now obviously I can’t do that and everything has changed. I’m not handling life too well anymore and have barely left my house but I don’t want to cancel the date as I really like him. Should I disclose on the first date or wait a while?  
        The other issue I’m having is I really DON’T KNOW if I have oral herpes too and it’s driving me crazy. The guy who gave it to me had oral herpes and transmitted to me through oral sex, so surely the fact I also kissed him means it’s highly likely I contracted it in my mouth too? About a week after I first slept with him I got this strange numb feeling on my tongue that hasn’t gone away. It’s been there for over a month and I’m worried it’s a sign of shedding. It kinda feels like when anaesthesia has nearly worn off but you don’t quite have full feeling in your tongue yet. Also I’ve had a lot of red spots above my top lip- but it could just be acne? I don’t usually get acne there though. I’ve added a pic of how they looked and how they’ve faded.
        Does it look like it could be herpes? Because they haven’t blistered, but have been very painful and swollen. My doctor was perplexed by the numb tongue and spots and said he wasn’t sure if it was oral herpes or not, and so to be safe I shouldn’t kiss my date. But what the hell do I say to him after flirting so much if he tries to kiss me and I back away?  
        Any advice would be so appreiciated. I’m feeling so depressed. 

• Trending Now

Create an Account

Our Privacy Policy.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation.