Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Link1030

Fasting 40 days.

Recommended Posts

Link1030

Hello to all sorry in advance for my English I speak French.

 
I wanted to know if people eradicated herpes by fasting for 40 days? I know that it is 1 of the only viruses able to block the autophagy but I say to myself that after 40 days the body is entirely in ketosis which could reduce considerably the viral load. I have already done several fastings of 6 to 7 days it had helped a little but the herpes is always present. I know that fasting can work miracles. Thank you for your answers
Edited by Link1030

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

There is no known way to eradicate herpes.

Fasting certainly won't and you are well advised to cease doing so on account of herpes.

The absolute best thing for herpes is heathy eating, plenty of water, plenty of sleep and plenty of fresh air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link1030

Je suis rapide pour guérir le sol. Mais nous n'avons aucun témoignage d'une personne ayant longtemps à jeûner et qui aurait pu se remettre du virus ou l'avoir gardé en permanence dans l'état dormant.

I contracted the virus in 2016 and my whole body is affected. The only thing that calmed me was a 7-day fast but it was too short. Several studies have been done to demonstrate that autophagy can destroy the virus but not the latent state. Autophagy mainly destroys the cells of the skin but hardly neurons because it takes longer.

 

Edited by Link1030

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

What is the link between auophagy and fasting?

What herpes do you have? What symptoms is it causing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eightyfour

There is a big thread on intermittent fasting on here, but that's usually on 12-16 hours of fasting

I too believe in the body's ability to heal itself with fasting, so I would be curious to know what results you get after 40 days of fasting. 

Edited by eightyfour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
realscience77

I've been researching this lately. I started doing 48 to 72 hour fasting quarterly now. Just did my first 57 hour fast a month ago. The research on how it helps rebuild immune system interests me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName

after 40 days , you should kill everything xD

I like fasting and I'm a proponent, but you need to really know what you are doing. Anything over 10 days needs medical supervision. You could die. Really. Especially if you are already thin.  You could damage your kidneys. Please be careful if you are going to do this. Re-feeding is also an issue after a 5 day fast  or longer. You must be careful.

Dr. Jason Fung has some good books and articles about autophagy and fasting.

Maybe 3 weeks is long enough also. Why 40 days? 

The body will be in ketosis after 2 or 3 days of fasting, and by fasting I mean water ONLY ( and salt is ok)

I have seen extended fasting get rid of all sorts of health problems, lyme disease to parasites --which may be a really good thing to at least help fight H better. And the rebuilding of the immune system (post fast), with more killer T cells ( i think thats what its called) is also ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link1030
For my symptoms,
I have an oppression in the skull and in the left jaw as if something oppressed me. I do not have pimples like at the beginning but I feel that my lip often throbbing.

I now have trouble with the liver in the radios there is nothing but once I took valtrex the evils to the liver are gone I suspect the virus migrated throughout the digestive part.

Regarding autophagy, the cells of the body destroy the damaged parts inside which the herpetic cells.

I do not think I'll be able to fast for 40 days especially as I'm already thin. But I wonder if people after 40 days have eradicated herpes definitely. On the forum of Dr. Sébi I saw a woman who had fasted 30 days she is always positive but she has no symptoms at all. Its anti bodies against hsv1 have increased.

 I believe that our last hope is long-term fasting.
I am positive to herpes simplex but I do not know what virus.
 In the laboratories they put positive but they did not specify that it was virus. I guess it was Hsv1 I caught this virus on vacation I did not have sex.
 I think I drank in an infected glass in a nightclub. I remember having a high fever, instead of letting the fever stop I had taken paracetamol I think I reversed the immune response during the fever. I should not have taken medication.

 

 

 


 
Edited by Link1030

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName

I am sure fasting helps. Fasting helps  with many things.

It won't make it worse in my opinion.  Not sure if it will cure it. 

21 days is too long I fear, 40 for sure. 

I can say my 3 and 4 day fasts didn't make it better. 

Its been almost 2 months since my last fast, so I need to do another.

Currently, I am getting OBs every 2 weeks. STress. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link1030

 

I also have 5 fasts since I had the virus. But I never exceeded 7 days. I think that after 10 days the body has already destroyed a lot of bacteria and viruses in the body. We should try more. At recovery, it is necessary to redo its intestinal flora, taking pro-biotics and also taking glutamine. There I made 5 days of cures of grapes and there I am at my 2 nd water days. I will try to go as far as I can. Try 10 days. I know that with plenty of fat reserves the body can hold 30 to 40 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName

Yes, if you are fat, you can go much longer- even 40+ days, but I am not .

I'd like to do 14 days,  but not yet. 

My goal for now is 5 -7 days.

I am researching now, and eating my food in my refrigerator right now. When its all gone, the I will fast:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link1030

 

Haha enjoy it !!! It feels good not to feel alone. Luckily I have a girlfriend who does not care about my virus.It is a very annoying virus but every fast I felt vibrations in my lips I felt something was happening. Fasting can be that beneficial, it is fear that blocks us from fear of dying. I am sure that by drinking a lot of water there is much less risk. Do you have hsv2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName

yes :(GHSV2 from my BF--who said he was tested and disease free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ACE2002
30 minutes ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

I am sure fasting helps. Fasting helps  with many things.

It won't make it worse in my opinion.  Not sure if it will cure it. 

21 days is too long I fear, 40 for sure. 

I can say my 3 and 4 day fasts didn't make it better. 

Its been almost 2 months since my last fast, so I need to do another.

Currently, I am getting OBs every 2 weeks. STress. :(

3-4 days is not enough time. Your body is barely going into ketosis at that point, you need more time. You could go to ketosis earlier if your weight is less but that's just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName

Maybe I'll gain some weight first, then try a longer fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hopeing
37 minutes ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

yes :(GHSV2 from my BF--who said he was tested and disease free

Unfortunately as I discovered herpes in not covered in the standard STD/GUM tests in most countries, its possible to go to the GUM clinic for years with GHSV2 and be told you are 'disease free'. I experienced this myself, even sometimes I was presenting minor visible symptoms they were described as sebaceous glands.

So unfortunately that is how current GUM medicine is and he could well be telling the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName

@hopeing

He could be, but he also won't get tested now. And he denies giving it to me. He also says he is tired of hearing about it and my depression since getting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hopeing
3 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

@hopeing

He could be, but he also won't get tested now. And he denies giving it to me. He also says he is tired of hearing about it and my depression since getting it.

Yes, i'm very sorry for that, and that you are suffering. People deal in different ways, he may feel he doesn't have it, you'd be surprised what a doctor telling you are ok and the wish to believe it. Its sad that hes not there for you, but this probably shows hes not the person that's meant for you. I suspect one day he will realize whats happened and feel bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoniqueLow
On 21/08/2017 at 8:31 AM, IcantThinkofaName said:

after 40 days , you should kill everything xD

I like fasting and I'm a proponent, but you need to really know what you are doing. Anything over 10 days needs medical supervision. You could die. Really. Especially if you are already thin.  You could damage your kidneys. Please be careful if you are going to do this. Re-feeding is also an issue after a 5 day fast  or longer. You must be careful.

Dr. Jason Fung has some good books and articles about autophagy and fasting.

Maybe 3 weeks is long enough also. Why 40 days? 

The body will be in ketosis after 2 or 3 days of fasting, and by fasting I mean water ONLY ( and salt is ok)

I have seen extended fasting get rid of all sorts of health problems, lyme disease to parasites --which may be a really good thing to at least help fight H better. And the rebuilding of the immune system (post fast), with more killer T cells ( i think thats what its called) is also ideal.

Hello, do you think 3 days fast isn't enough? I'm already very thin. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName
2 hours ago, MoniqueLow said:

Hello, do you think 3 days fast isn't enough? I'm already very thin. Thank you. 

How much do you weigh? What is your body fat % -do you know? If you are under 12-15%BF you probably shouldn't fast. Or if you do, there are some medical fasting places/centers where you can do it under medical supervision.

What is your goal with the fasting?

To make a stronger immune system? or to destroy the herpes virus?

I am not sure fasting will kill herpes. It will destroy damaged or pre-cancerous cells however. 

It can make your immune system stronger. I read a 4- 5 day fast is good for this and 1 Longer 7 day fast per year (I think?) will keep you cancer free, but don't go longer if you can't.  You can damage organs.

If you have never fasted, start with a 24-36 hour fast first and see how it goes.  If you eat a lot of carbs and sugar it will be hard and you will  likely get headaches. Its better(easier) to start fasting from a fat adapted diet like ketogenic diet.  But even getting into keto you can have headaches for a week (keto flu).  The Tim Ferriss Show podcast has a great  3 day fasting guide.

Later, if 24-36 hours went well, try a 2 or 3 day fast. And work up to your safe goal. Stay hydrated!! Magnesium and salt!! Be safe, do some research first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoniqueLow
3 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

How much do you weigh? What is your body fat % -do you know? If you are under 12-15%BF you probably shouldn't fast. Or if you do, there are some medical fasting places/centers where you can do it under medical supervision.

What is your goal with the fasting?

To make a stronger immune system? or to destroy the herpes virus?

I am not sure fasting will kill herpes. It will destroy damaged or pre-cancerous cells however. 

It can make your immune system stronger. I read a 4- 5 day fast is good for this and 1 Longer 7 day fast per year (I think?) will keep you cancer free, but don't go longer if you can't.  You can damage organs.

If you have never fasted, start with a 24-36 hour fast first and see how it goes.  If you eat a lot of carbs and sugar it will be hard and you will  likely get headaches. Its better(easier) to start fasting from a fat adapted diet like ketogenic diet.  But even getting into keto you can have headaches for a week (keto flu).  The Tim Ferriss Show podcast has a great  3 day fasting guide.

Later, if 24-36 hours went well, try a 2 or 3 day fast. And work up to your safe goal. Stay hydrated!! Magnesium and salt!! Be safe, do some research first.

Thank you so much! I already eat low carb diet and no sugar. My goal is immune system restart (because of hsv). I did 42hr few times before with no problem (just coffee addiction gave me hard time). I don't know how much fat I have. I'm 174cm tall and 52kg heavy, so I am underweight according to BMI, but I feel fine, it's my natural weight whatever I eat (I eat healthy, just on weekend beers and treats). I am afraid 7days would be too much for me. I have seen you wrote 3 it 4 days didn't help with your immunity (and ghsv) though. I will try 3 days and then see if I feel like to extend it. Thank you! I still believe we can help ourselves a lot with fasting. My coworker cured her arthritis and chronic constipation, she did 15 days though which is crazy... Such as you, I am trying to improve my symptoms alternative ways because AVs don't work for me :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whybutwhy

 I have HSV 1  I was diagnosed with it but I haven't had any symptoms for six months till now. I want to start fasting, I'm going to start with 24 hours to 72 hours first and then I'm going to try the 3 to 4 days hopefully this works. I would like more information on this fasting. so I know what to do exactly, if there's anybody out there that could help me. I would really appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName
On 9/2/2017 at 7:44 PM, MoniqueLow said:

Thank you so much! I already eat low carb diet and no sugar. My goal is immune system restart (because of hsv). I did 42hr few times before with no problem (just coffee addiction gave me hard time). I don't know how much fat I have. I'm 174cm tall and 52kg heavy, so I am underweight according to BMI, but I feel fine, it's my natural weight whatever I eat (I eat healthy, just on weekend beers and treats). I am afraid 7days would be too much for me. I have seen you wrote 3 it 4 days didn't help with your immunity (and ghsv) though. I will try 3 days and then see if I feel like to extend it. Thank you! I still believe we can help ourselves a lot with fasting. My coworker cured her arthritis and chronic constipation, she did 15 days though which is crazy... Such as you, I am trying to improve my symptoms alternative ways because AVs don't work for me :-(

Yeah , you seem thin. 7 days might be too much. Try to get a body fat %. 

My 3-4 day fasts probably helped at least with something. Maybe my OBs would be worse? hard to say. It certainly didn't cure HSV though. Fasting can be a stress on the body and possibly raise cortisol, for women especially. Something to consider if stress is a trigger for you. I fasted during an OB  once and it didn't get worse, but it didn't stop or get shortened either. 

I need to completely cut coffee. :( It also raises cortisol and makes stress on my body. So hard to do. Its one of the few joys I had left in life since getting this virus. And tea is not cutting it.

I like fasting, esp. day 3 -it feels pretty good.Mental clarity. I think its good for lots of other conditions. I also got HPV  when I got HSV so I was fasting  to kill precancer cells also. So far so good.

Yeah 15 days is no problem for larger people with greater body fat.

I am taking a bunch of antiviral/immunity extracts now.  Valtrex is cheaper :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hurryupnwait

I’m doing a snake juice fast right now but dry fasting should eradicate the virus. Pm me if you want to be linked to a group that long term fasts the healthy way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cracked
16 minutes ago, Hurryupnwait said:

I’m doing a snake juice fast right now but dry fasting should eradicate the virus. Pm me if you want to be linked to a group that long term fasts the healthy way 

Snake juice?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      68,821
    • Total Posts
      460,233
  • Posts

    • Blanca2018
      Has anyone tried Longdanxiegan (LDXGFG) as a treatment? There seems to be scientific evidence of great results in animal trials. This is the link to the study https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1028455916000322. It is a Traditional Chinese Medicine formula that now has won some scientific attention. I have previous experience using Traditional Chinese Medicine for improving symptoms of another rare diseases I suffer and, seeing this has been backed by some research, I am considering giving it a try. Thanks to all contributors to this forum for all the valuable information shared.
    • tayelle
      Wow this is very sad that this man committed suicide from hsv. We've all been there with depressive states. I think the numbers are accurate...no more than 15% have hsv2. Every forum I join, its low numbers compared to other diseases. 
    • theuniversesucks
      yep going into my sixth year , constant constant scrotum tingling , when i say constant i mean 365 for the last 5 years , been living on autopilot , dead inside .
    • theuniversesucks
      thats amazing , sign me up for a shipment , can you use your transporter to ship the goods ?
    • KG303
      Me either. I got it from someone I truly cared about and in my experience it’s been hell because I was so hurt over the fact that he put my health at risk without even caring of the consequences because I was so good to him. He was in college starving so I would offer to buy him groceries, I would always be there when he was having a tough time and give him encouragement, and in the end he ignores me but still can go out and party. So maybe I was better off catching it from someone I didn’t care about. Maybe then i wouldn’t be as emotional over it. I feel like if I would’ve just got it from a one night stand I could be like oh yeah well shit happens, but getting it from someone I would’ve done anything for just ain’t fair because I was good to him and I know some people may not know they have it but he was sleeping with multiple women but acting like he wasn’t. If we’re having sex you should care about me enough to let me know what’s going on so I won’t sleep with you anymore if you’re wilding out that crazy but whatever. 
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.