World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MotorNeuron

Can someone tell me chances?

MotorNeuron

Hello all! 

First I would like to say how happy I am to have found this site. This is an amazing resource. 

I need some help, some one to tell me the chances. 

I have been having vulvar pain for.... months. Its starting to impact my life, and my family doctor is useless, and has just told me to use more lube while having sex... even though I have not been having sex. I am waiting for an appointment with an obgyn.

The pain I get is intermittent, but when it happens it stings so bad my eyes water, I have some reddness on my labia, and little white hard bumps (which look like fordyce spots) and have not changed in months. I thought at first it was a yeast infection, did treatment-twice, and no change. I also have tingling on my labia major, both sides, intermittent aswell. The stinging pain I can usually pinpoint to my left labia minor, same spot, near the vaginal opening, and on the "taint". In April I had something near my anus, I thought was a really angry ingrown, so I popped it, and there was alot of clear fluid, but after I popped it- it healed within 2 days, and was never an open ulcer. I first noticed the pain in May/June, and my concern is, in April I received unprotected oral sex from a man who afterwards told me he had genital herpes. He swore he had never had anything on his mouth... but I later noticed his oral hygiene is sub par at best... I watched his gums bleed spontaneously one time when he smiled. Im afraid he could have had something in his mouth and not noticed? The day he had preformed oral sex on me, I had gotten waxed and I usually have some minor tearing from waxing. This fella and I made out ALOT, and I havent gotten anything on my mouth. Dr cleared me for yeast, and a full std panel had been done, came back negative, even did a swab for hsv, but since I have no sores he said it would be negative- which it was... Could I still have herpes? Has anyone else experienced prodrome lasting 2 months?

Everything I have read on herpes says that first out breaks are really varied. I have a really high stress job, so Im always head achey, and fatigued so any of the other typical symptoms of a first outbreak I have most the time anyways. 

If I do get responses and people think this isnt herpes, If anyone can shed some light on why Im always in pain I would be the most greatful. I have added a picture, again, the white spots have been there months and have not changed.

Thankyou ♡ 

20170826_160927-1.jpg

lali

Uhm not sure if i see anything there but i would get blood test for hsv

Lisajd

Cant see anything that looks like a herpes lesion. If you had blood tests then not hsv of its three months or more

Disc0rdant

I would feel confident you are ok.  I get paranoid, too.

MotorNeuron

Thankyou for you replies, helped a bit with my anxiety about everything ♡ appreciate it! 

My dr had said he didnt want to do blood tests because it would likey come back positive, because 70% of people have come into contact with hsv1, he said even if it was a fever blister as an infant, I would test positive- so he wanted to wait for an actual sore to pop up. Ive seen others talking about levels on blood tests? Can anyone tell me about whats up with that?

But if no open lesions have happened by now I should be good right?

IcantThinkofaName

Bacterial Vaginosis?

Maybe get checked for HPV also?

Get a full STD panel  and make sure herpes is on that, (you have to ask special for type specific IGG) if you haven't already.

Tell them you had sexual contact with someone with HSV2.

That's what I would do.

I wish you the best of luck.

MoniqueLow
On 30/08/2017 at 8:58 AM, MotorNeuron said:

Thankyou for you replies, helped a bit with my anxiety about everything ♡ appreciate it! 

My dr had said he didnt want to do blood tests because it would likey come back positive, because 70% of people have come into contact with hsv1, he said even if it was a fever blister as an infant, I would test positive- so he wanted to wait for an actual sore to pop up. Ive seen others talking about levels on blood tests? Can anyone tell me about whats up with that?

But if no open lesions have happened by now I should be good right?

You don't need to have lesion outbreaks even if you have ghsv. And your doctor is right, it's hard to diagnose ghsv 1 if you already have oral hsv. It is my case. You can just wait if there is anything to swab or observe other symptoms - mine were UTI like symptoms while no bacterias found in urine, constipation, fevers, fatigue, lower back pain, pain in genitals. I had few pimples there too while having first OB. They didn't look like blister (I have cold sores, so I know how herpes lesions look like), more like pimples, but bigger. Ask for test for sure (to see your hsv 2 status), it's important for your future relationship and pregnancy to know. 

CompletelyConfused

@MotorNeuron I don't see anything in the picture that looks like herpes but that doesn't mean anything. Please keep us updated, I am having similar symptoms as you and am still too early for a blood test. I've never had any lesions to swab either and I'm 53 days post exposure. 

MotorNeuron

@CompletelyConfusedThis ended up being the start of something called Lichen Planus. An autoimmune/inflammatory condition the lesions associated with this showed up 2 months after this post was made. Easily managed with corticosteroids