Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
tayelle

Lemon Balm!

So, I've tried many things to get rid of this one blister --- from cinnamon, honey, zinc sulfate, oil of oregano and tea tree. 

I went on Amazon on found Lemon balm (Urban Releaf). They have it in lip balm form and a small container.  I used it on my blister and when it its tingling for the past few days.. the stubborn blister went away and no new bumps.  

I will say tea tree and Vaseline definitely helps when i have sores for pain.

I've tried some LB infused oil I made myself but it seemed to make the two sores I had worse. This was on genitals though, and I read LB works best with oral sores.

I'm glad it helped you! 

Advertisement

3 minutes ago, WTHerp said:

I've tried some LB infused oil I made myself but it seemed to make the two sores I had worse. This was on genitals though, and I read LB works best with oral sores.

I'm glad it helped you! 

I have ghsv2. the product says for fever blisters,  but I'm telling you it has worked for ne

Screenshot_20170902-192250.png

Oh wow I thought you meant a cold sore on your lip. Working on ghsv2 is even better lol

I'll look into that product on Amazon. I made my own from dried lemon balm leaves because commercial lemon balm oil is outrageously expensive. Thanks!

lemon balm is a miracle for me. Whenever I feel the tingles or itching, I dab some lemon balm oil on and good to go! 

15 minutes ago, Sean123 said:

lemon balm is a miracle for me. Whenever I feel the tingles or itching, I dab some lemon balm oil on and good to go! 

what brand of LB oil do you recommend? 

Advertisement

3 minutes ago, WTHerp said:

4 minutes ago, WTHerp said:

Botanica

I tried ingesting capsules too.. Everyday. It definitely helps. Never tried them together but I am sure it would be very powerful. 

This is the brand I used for capsules.

lemon_balm_herbal_capsules.jpg

Edited by Sean123

I have capsules that I was taking, not daily though. They are Nature's Way brand. I also made LB tea with the dried leaves, which was pretty yummy actually. 

Apparently Mellissa Officinalis kills herpes. There's research on PubMed. I always wonder if it was applied to your genitals before sex it could kill any shedding virus. One can only hope lol  

I tried it, LB oil, mixed with coconut oil. It sooths and i didnt get an ob.  I can't say for sure if I would have gotten one but when it tingled and itch it stopped it in its tracks.  I'm fairly new to the virus but I'm glad I found this one soon.  There are actual clinical trials where it claims to postpone outbreaks by 80% when used topically that to me sounds as good as the antiviral drugs so I use both

On 9/25/2017 at 2:45 PM, UKGirl said:

Apparently Mellissa Officinalis kills herpes. There's research on PubMed. I always wonder if it was applied to your genitals before sex it could kill any shedding virus. One can only hope lol  

melissa officinalis is the botanical name for lemon balm.  They're one in the same :)  Also something I would swear by for cold sores.  I've put it in hot water before (tincture) and have consumed it that way too.  Research that I've read seems to only look at topical application, which has weight behind it.  I can't recall any studies that deal with ingestion, but it certainly has calming effects and other positives which are beneficial regardless.  I ingest some when I'm wired and can't wind down.

On 2017/9/7 at 11:34 PM, Sean123 said:

DSC_0194.JPG

I tried this lemon balm oil applied to genital area just starting feel tingle, maybe I did not mix with water, it was burning and hurt so I washed it straight away to cool it down. Just wanna know how did you apply it?

is it really work ?

i am also taking lemon balm capsules now for 3days and will see how it works.

How is your result taking lemon balm capsules?

16 hours ago, tonytseng19811 said:

I tried this lemon balm oil applied to genital area just starting feel tingle, maybe I did not mix with water, it was burning and hurt so I washed it straight away to cool it down. Just wanna know how did you apply it?

is it really work ?

i am also taking lemon balm capsules now for 3days and will see how it works.

How is your result taking lemon balm capsules?

I just dab some right against my penis..  It has a very slight and cool feel for a couple seconds. Is it the same brand?  

On 2017/11/11 at 11:32 AM, Sean123 said:

I just dab some right against my penis..  It has a very slight and cool feel for a couple seconds. Is it the same brand?  

Different brand.

where did you buy the brand you have now? I would like to try yours.

@tonytseng19811 It looks like you were using a tincture and those have a high alcohol content. I assume it stings when you apply it

On 2017/11/12 at 9:11 PM, diablo604 said:

@tonytseng19811 It looks like you were using a tincture and those have a high alcohol content. I assume it stings when you apply it

Have you tried the lemon balm oil? If so, could you tell us more about your experience and result?

No, I wanted to try the balm or salve but I wasn't able to find it. The tincture was available but that sounded like pouring alcohol on your skin. I don't see how it could help. Of course, I could be wrong and maybe someone else has tried it...

5 hours ago, diablo604 said:

No, I wanted to try the balm or salve but I wasn't able to find it. The tincture was available but that sounded like pouring alcohol on your skin. I don't see how it could help. Of course, I could be wrong and maybe someone else has tried it...

Salve is on Amazon...see my post

10 hours ago, tayelle said:

Salve is on Amazon...see my post

Yes, I saw that but I will need to check if they ship to Canada. My response was solely in regard to @tonytseng19811 and his questions/comments about the oil. From what I can gather, the salve sounds like a good option but I wouldn't use the oil.

On 2017/11/14 at 4:29 PM, diablo604 said:

Yes, I saw that but I will need to check if they ship to Canada. My response was solely in regard to @tonytseng19811 and his questions/comments about the oil. From what I can gather, the salve sounds like a good option but I wouldn't use the oil.

You can buy it from amazon that can be delivered to Canada. I also bought salve from amazon but not arriving yet. I will try and post my result.

i tried the capsules, it does not help.