World's Largest Herpes Support Group
ScaredToDeath1

Resolve Herpes

ScaredToDeath1

I'm wondering if anyone here has done any research, or tried this supposed Herpes cure.  I was recently diagnosed hsv positive, but the test was not type specific, so unsure it its 1 or 2.  I will say that I had a rash on my genitals, and not it has been burning for about 2 weeks, with minor testicular pain.  I have been trying to do some research, but there is so much conflicting information everywhere I look. 

I came across this site, and wondering if anyone has tried it. https://www.resolveherpes.com/

Cas9
44 minutes ago, ScaredToDeath1 said:

I'm wondering if anyone here has done any research, or tried this supposed Herpes cure.  I was recently diagnosed hsv positive, but the test was not type specific, so unsure it its 1 or 2.  I will say that I had a rash on my genitals, and not it has been burning for about 2 weeks, with minor testicular pain.  I have been trying to do some research, but there is so much conflicting information everywhere I look. 

I came across this site, and wondering if anyone has tried it. https://www.resolveherpes.com/

There is no current cure for herpes; PERIOD!

Further, your immune system can not clear out the latent virus, and it is the latent virus that allows herpes to be a permanent infection.

If you see any website that says they have a cure for herpes; IGNORE IT!

The cure for herpes is in the research labs. It is a difficult problem to resolve.

Edited by Cas9

overwhelmed_17

Like the other person said there is no cure for herpes. Any site claiming to have it is just after money. If anything just look for things that suppress the symptoms they talk about things they use on here so I know it sucks we have something that might not ever be cured but stay hopeful the real scientists are doing research on a vaccine that will probably help to prevent herpes, and calm most if not all shedding and outbreaks. If we are lucky it will kill the full virus out the system but to be perfectly honest I doubt it. Because the same way we can't cure the common cold it makes sense that we can't cure herpes because herpes is not a bacteria disease it is a virus and for some reason viruses are much more resistant. I'm not expert but from my common knowledge that how I see things. I'd definitely be in line to buy the vaccine whether it kills it fully or partially.  You have be a heroes sufferer to understand what we go through mentally and physically.

tayelle

They don't have to kill it.. Id take a functional cure that will eliminate/eradicate obs and viral shedding.  

LatentBloomer

I don't think a functional cure will help those of us with PHN. I think we need a large percentage of the virus destroyed in order for our nerves to heal.

What is everyone's thoughts on Excision BioTherapeutics? I'm still confused as to how the gene editing technique will be effective when the virus is latent. They're shooting for 2019/2020 phase 1 HSV 1 & 2 human trials though.  

tayelle
31 minutes ago, LatentBloomer said:

I don't think a functional cure will help those of us with PHN. I think we need a large percentage of the virus destroyed in order for our nerves to heal.

What is everyone's thoughts on Excision BioTherapeutics? I'm still confused as to how the gene editing technique will be effective when the virus is latent. They're shooting for 2019/2020 phase 1 HSV 1 & 2 human trials though.  

You are absolutely right. I too suffer from nerve and lower back pain. but in the mean time I would like to get married and have a family.  By the time a sterilizing cure comes ill be in my late 30s

Cas9
1 hour ago, overwhelmed_17 said:

Like the other person said there is no cure for herpes. Any site claiming to have it is just after money. If anything just look for things that suppress the symptoms they talk about things they use on here so I know it sucks we have something that might not ever be cured but stay hopeful the real scientists are doing research on a vaccine that will probably help to prevent herpes, and calm most if not all shedding and outbreaks. If we are lucky it will kill the full virus out the system but to be perfectly honest I doubt it. Because the same way we can't cure the common cold it makes sense that we can't cure herpes because herpes is not a bacteria disease it is a virus and for some reason viruses are much more resistant. I'm not expert but from my common knowledge that how I see things. I'd definitely be in line to buy the vaccine whether it kills it fully or partially.  You have be a heroes sufferer to understand what we go through mentally and physically.

An hsv vaccine simply elicits an immune response specifically to the hsv virus. Since immune cells do not penetrate  into a neuron, they cannot kill the latent virus that resides in that neuron. Therefore, the latent virus will remain alive and well inside the neuron. At various times, this latent virus awakens and starts replicating in the neuron. Eventually, the replicated viruses pass out of the neuron and to the skin. This is where the immune cells are effective. This is where they can start to kill the virus. So that's where vaccines are effective; i.e. outside the neuron. And that's a good thing of course, but it is not a cure because it can't directly affect the latent virus residing in the nerve cell, Therefore, that latent virus can reawaken and start replicating again and the process starts all over. And of course that "process", results in an OB.

So the potential cure for herpes lies most likely in CRISPRCRISPR has the potential of at least stopping the latent virus from replicating in the nerve cell (a functional cure), or even better, killing the latent virus (a sterilizing cure).   CRSIPR can potentially do this because it is delivered directly into the nerve cells; i.e. it wont reside outside the nerve cell like our immune cells do.

LatentBloomer

I'm 34! I can't even fathom how I'd sustain a relationship with this nerve pain. This is TMI, and I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I can no longer use tampons....so my body is no longer accepting visitors. I've only been dealing with the nerve pain for 2 months. I'm hoping that I can get it under control, but I'm not holding my breath. It seems to impact a new part of my body as time progresses. I think I can hold out for 10 years until there's a cure. I just need this virus eradicated so I can get on with it. I've always been open to adoption and I'm sure I can find a divorcè when I'm in my mid 40s if I'm still hell bent on getting married. Halle Berry, Gwen Stefani, Salma Hayek, Sandra Bullock...they all look amazing in their 40s. 

LatentBloomer

@Cas9 so, if crispr can keep the latent virus from replicating, antivirals can destroy the active virus until the reservoir is depleted?

Cas9
5 hours ago, LatentBloomer said:

@Cas9 so, if crispr can keep the latent virus from replicating, antivirals can destroy the active virus until the reservoir is depleted?

The replicated virus that lives outside the neuron is always eventually destroyed by the immune system. Vaccines are designed to strengthen the immune system and help do that even better and faster, which results in less OBs and a shorter duration per OB. So that's not the problem.

The problem is that once the body clears out all the virus outside the neuron, the latent virus is still alive in the neuron. That's the problem. If we can stop that latent virus from replicating, you'll never have another OB, and subsequently will not be contagious. You can go on living your life the way it was prior to infection. So the latent virus will still be there, but it wont cause any problems. We refer to this as a functional cure, not a sterilizing cure. A sterilizing cure would be when the latent virus is destroyed once and for all; i.e. it wont even be there any more.

Edited by Cas9

Micah
On 9/10/2017 at 8:18 AM, LatentBloomer said:

They're shooting for 2019/2020 phase 1 HSV 1 & 2 human trials though.  

What? ? I didn't hear this. Human trials?  That's amazing! 

Micah

I'm not even sure if crispr is a functional or eradicating cure.  I mean it destroys a segment of the virus.  But I imagine it'd still be in your neurons. Just unable to function. Idk.

Puni

@Cas9 i thought latent virus has to come to epithelial cells to replicate , but you are telling other way that they replicate in neuron itself ? That would be a disaster 

Cas9
5 hours ago, Puni said:

@Cas9 i thought latent virus has to come to epithelial cells to replicate , but you are telling other way that they replicate in neuron itself ? That would be a disaster 

They replicate in both places.

Think of it logically. The viral particles (virions) that get into the epithelial cells have to have come from somewhere; right?  And those virons are not the latent virus itself because the latent virus never leaves the neuron. If it did, we would be able to cure herpes; i.e. The reason it's hard to cure is because no one has been able to successfully kill the latent virus. If the latent virus exposed itself outside the neuron, it could easily be destroyed with drugs. But because it remains in the neuron, a way has to be figured out how to get into the neuron and kill the virus without damaging the neuron itself. That's the challenge.

Anyway, it is the latent virus that replicates, and since the latent virus never leaves the neuron, then the replication is occurring in the neuron.
Those replicated virus then leave the neuron at the end of the axon (in the vicinity of the neural knob) and infect epithelial cells, where they replicate some more. Once the replication starts in the epithelial cells, our immune system can start attacking it. The latent virus then travels back down the axon of the nerve cell and settles back into in the neuronal body, where it goes back to sleep. It awakens another day and repeats the process all over again, causing another OB.

So the latent virus remains alive and well in the nerve cells for your entire life. The goal is to get into the nerve cell and stop it from replicating (a functional cure), or even better, kill the latent virus once in for all (a sterilizing cure). The immune system can't do that because your antibodies don't enter the cells. That's a biological restriction of the immune system. So no vaccine can stop the latent virus from replicating (in the neuron) or kill the latent virus. But CRISPR has that potential.

Therapeutic vaccines simply help the body fight the infection once the replicated particles leave the neuron.

Edited by Cas9

LatentBloomer
4 hours ago, Micah said:

I'm not even sure if crispr is a functional or eradicating cure.  I mean it destroys a segment of the virus.  But I imagine it'd still be in your neurons. Just unable to function. Idk.

Right now it's a functional cure. The latent virus that's hijacked the neuron is the mothership that pumps out virions (I think that's what they're called). They're like spores, in my overly simplified understanding. Crispr can't kill the mothership, at least not yet. That would be a sterilizing cure. The best it can do is destroy the spores. So no more OBs or shedding. 

Puni

@Cas9 so you mean to say number of viral particles will keep on increasing as the person ages ? That will be a exponential growth of viral infection . 

Micah
3 hours ago, LatentBloomer said:

Right now it's a functional cure. The latent virus that's hijacked the neuron is the mothership that pumps out virions (I think that's what they're called). They're like spores, in my overly simplified understanding. Crispr can't kill the mothership, at least not yet. That would be a sterilizing cure. The best it can do is destroy the spores. So no more OBs or shedding. 

They can reach latency. Just not much. Jerome labs destroyed 4 percent  of latent virus in mice

LatentBloomer

@Micah I know, but 4% won't cut it. I keep checking for updates. I think Martine is the one who's working on it. 

Cas9
1 hour ago, Puni said:

@Cas9 so you mean to say number of viral particles will keep on increasing as the person ages ? That will be a exponential growth of viral infection . 

For each OB, the newly created viruses, that were created in the nerve cell by the latent virus, leave the nerve cell where they are destroyed by the immune system. That process is likely not perfect so perhaps some of those viruses could escape and infect other nerve cells. But for the most part the new virions are killed. I've had ghsv2 for 35 years and I'm fine. :)

Micah
1 hour ago, LatentBloomer said:

@Micah I know, but 4% won't cut it. I keep checking for updates. I think Martine is the one who's working on it. 

It was the first demonstration getting to latency in a loving animal. And they used older gene editing tech. It's a start