World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Puni

Blood test report, low immunity, vit D

Puni

Hey guys I got the full blood tests done, now I'm scared to hell, my immunity is down,  is it due to my low vitamin D? And aalso my antibodies of hsv1 has dropped :(

IMG_20170916_231159.jpg

IMG_20170916_231100.jpg

IMG_20170916_231001.jpg

IMG_20170916_233925.jpg

IcantThinkofaName

I'm not a dr but nothing looks that bad to me. I would supplement vitamin D though or Get some sunshine. and get those levels up.   Between 20-30 ng/ml is only a mild deficiency. Most people are deficient. But for your age I would assume yours would be  a little higher. Mine was at 22.3 in June, I am 43. I read 40- 50 ng/ml is good. Maybe even higher for some people is better.

What makes you think hsv is beating your immune system?

Your HSV1 has dropped to a  equivocal level -- maybe you don't have it, or a light case (im not sure how that works)?  Antibody levels fluctuate I heard.

Interesting.

How long have you had HSV1? what was your  antibody level before?

Did your Dr tell you you have a low immunity? I remember some of my tests a few years back (before I has HSV) were low in some lympocytes thing/marker??? or  high in WBC  or something and my dr said that was normal, he said something like...Some are high, while other were lower and they fluctuate . 

If you dr isn't worried  about those then I think its ok.

Mackie82

Wilson say something to Puni it's your Field , tests realated issues ....!!!!! Puni you have to look at you diet : don't eat fried food, parata, oily food . Eat a lot of fruits , greens vegetables, try taking coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. In addition to that take some supplements : zinc, C , ethicnesea and multivitamins drink a a lot of herbal 

Puni

I'm losing monocytes, Basophiles, which is a important part of immunity to fight infections. WWhat I'm confused is whether hsv and antiviral medications is causing vitamin D deficiency due to impaired kidney health or lack of sun exposure? I read vitamin D is produced by kidney, since I was taking antivirals did this happen. 

IcantThinkofaName

taking daily antivirals might lower your antibodies, from what i just read

hopeing

You can take Vitamin D supplements, or just get more fresh air midday, 30 mins in sun everyday should do it for most people. If you are very dark you may need longer.

https://ostelin.com.au/sunlight-vitamin/

The values that are red are just outside the reference range, its probably nothing. Did you ask the doctor for their interpretation.

IcantThinkofaName

cod liver and its oil and mushrooms also contain vitamin D if you want a natural source besides supplements or the sun.

WilsoInAus
6 hours ago, Puni said:

@IcantThinkofaName, @WilsoInAus @MoniqueLow guys please review this, hsv is beating my immune system. 

Actually not really, that is actually a very healthy picture. You look as fit as a fiddle mate! Every person has a few reds on a test like, just ups and downs. Most will have more 'issues' than that, but they're perfectly healthy.

This testing is about some elements founds in your blood, doesn't have anything really to do with the totality of your immunity system. As mentioned before, it is doing a sterling job! 

IcantThinkofaName
11 minutes ago, Puni said:

https://honeycomb.click/topic/57883-constant-ob-low-vitamin-d/See this guy used to have everyday obs like me, he was down on vitamin D too, as soon as he took the sups, he was ob free, hope this helps me too. 

Nice find on the old thread.

I 've been saying this all along- low vitamin D affects the immune system for sure. 

It takes awhile to get back up too. Let us know if it works. 

IcantThinkofaName

Oh, I forgot to add, if you take vitamin D you need to take vitamin K too.

Vitamin D is oil soluble, it should be in a oil form for best absorption by the body. 

My Dr prescribed a shitty one. I had to beg for it.¬¬ low 1000 dry pill, not oil based either.  You can get a superdose 50,000 but I don't trust those either. A good 5000 or 10000 IU gel type tab or liquid drops should be good.

Some good fish oils come with vitamin D also.

Edited by IcantThinkofaName
left out important word

MoniqueLow

@Puni I try to eat low carb and high fat and protein diet and I feel much better,. It's approved diet for neurological diseases and heart diseases. I'm trying to stick to it except weekend. I use also propolis, magnesium, colostrum, kefir (probiotics), st.johnsworth. Your body will get better by time, don't worry, just help it heal better.

IcantThinkofaName

Puni, have you looked into other reasons why your immune system isn't fighting this HSV properly?

Maybe parasites? That won't show up on the bloodwork panel you had done. Not to make you paranoid or anything either.

I was India last year and caught some parasite. Its quite common there. 

On 9/17/2017 at 3:32 AM, MoniqueLow said:

I try to eat low carb and high fat and protein diet and I feel much better,. It's approved diet for neurological diseases and heart diseases.

I tried the ketogenic diet- I did  it for 4-5 months with Intermittent fasting, I  lost 10 pounds but  I got no improvement of  HSV symptoms. Actually it raised my cortisol and probably tanked my thyroid.  And that caused some back to back Obs I think. I quit recently and I feel slightly better.  However, it might help some people. It didn' t help me though.

St johns wort is good stuff though along with propolis, magnesium, colostrum, kefir (probiotics)--for sure!!.

Puni
1 hour ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

Puni, have you looked into other reasons why your immune system isn't fighting this HSV properly?

Maybe parasites? That won't show up on the bloodwork panel you had done. Not to make you paranoid or anything either.

I was India last year and caught some parasite. Its quite common there. 

I tried the ketogenic diet- I did  it for 4-5 months with Intermittent fasting, I  lost 10 pounds but  I got no improvement of  HSV symptoms. Actually it raised my cortisol and probably tanked my thyroid.  And that caused some back to back Obs I think. I quit recently and I feel slightly better.  However, it might help some people. It didn' t help me though.

St johns wort is good stuff though along with propolis, magnesium, colostrum, kefir (probiotics)--for sure!!.

What parasite was that? , yes I'm already having scalp irritation, bad bowel, now low vitamin D. This virus is very strange for me, if the irritation goes away In genitals my headaches will start. I started taking vitamin D, will start molorouin too next week and update. 

Puni
21 minutes ago, selu said:

Puni what was your previous igg for hsv? I also saw a drop in my igg

Yes my igg was 1.35 a month back, now it's dropped to 1.

IcantThinkofaName

I don't know what parasite by name , but I ate some infected food/drank bad water and got sick. I was also in the big 100yr flood of Chennai in December 2015 and also got sick again. Several people I know in India had gotten one parasite or another- Worms, liver fluke, malaria, chicken gunia , and more exotic ones too etc...

There is parasite testing.  Take a look at parasite remedies (black walnut hulls, pumpkin seeds etc) Maybe a liver cleanse?

Technically, we all have parasites living in our gut. Some don't hurt much, some do real damage. Some excrete waste into our  bodies and take nutrients away. It could be there is one that is causing some problem for you and making your immune system work double time. 

Are you a vegetarian?

Take ST johns wort (liquid extract is best) for nerve issues.

selu

Puni it is a very low level. Even the 1.35. I have read that antibodies can vary and it is not good to recurrently get tested. You should allow a lapse of time.  If it is equivocal it could mean you have no infection couldnt it? 

Puni
20 minutes ago, selu said:

Puni it is a very low level. Even the 1.35. I have read that antibodies can vary and it is not good to recurrently get tested. You should allow a lapse of time.  If it is equivocal it could mean you have no infection couldnt it? 

No I have infection, I had lot of obs

selu

Have your obs beem confirmed by your dr? Have it been swabbed to confirm? And did u do the western blot test..do you knw how to confirm for ghsv1 when u have no active lesion?