World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Lonetraveler

Genital Herpes and Masturbating?

Lonetraveler

If I have genital herpes and masturbate can it spread to my hands as well?

gman75
If I have genital herpes and masturbate can it spread to my hands as well?

good question i was diagnosed 3wks ago with hsv2 and have been wondering the same, its like should i or should i not?

luca

Thats a good question, when I had my first ob I used a condom to masterbate. Now when I have a small flare up I just do it normally but wash my hands afterwards. So far i've been fine but that doesn't mean it can't spread.

justagirl

From what I've gathered, while you *can*... you could get it from itching your crotch or while in the shower.

Personally I just wash my hands afterwards, and have yet to have any problems.

sad sore & sorry
From what I've gathered, while you *can*... you could get it from itching your crotch or while in the shower.

Steven Sacks says HSV is easily destroyed by soap & water and they tested their laboratory staff who just took normal precautions and not one ever caught it working with HSV all day long.

I was worried about a partner getting it on his hands (we don't have regular sex) and he saw a venereologist to be fully informed and the Dr said - not a problem - its genital skin it likes. http://www.herpes.org.uk/pil.html

justagirl
Steven Sacks says HSV is easily destroyed by soap & water and they tested their laboratory staff who just took normal precautions and not one ever caught it working with HSV all day long.

I was worried about a partner getting it on his hands (we don't have regular sex) and he saw a venereologist to be fully informed and the Dr said - not a problem - its genital skin it likes. http://www.herpes.org.uk/pil.html

Well, it *does* prefer genital skin. However as with everything there is always a possibility. I have yet to talk to anyone on this forum who has genital herpes on their hands...

lilanne19

I suppose it's possible if you're experiencing an outbreak after all, herpes whitlow does exists, however, herpes likes to enter via the mucus membrane areas (mouth, genital, eyes) so unless you have a cut on your finger it seems like a remote possibility.

Stryker

i've had this for 16 years and never had sores on my hands.just wash with soap afterwards.i mean seriously who masturbates, has herpes and then doesn't wash there hands afterwards.lol....i've even spanked the monkey with a sore that was healing and had no problems..

bristolgal

I've masturbated on an outbreak, and never had any problems! The herpes virus is actually quite fragile in nature, and dies quite easily!

sosadsoworried

So why in the hell doesn't a good couple of nights of rough sex KILL it??

I tried that and only got another O.B. :rolleyes: lol, ahhh well...

I've masturbated on an outbreak, and never had any problems! The herpes virus is actually quite fragile in nature, and dies quite easily!