World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Mackie82

Low dose naltrexone LDN

Mackie82

Hey guys as many of you are aware that I am having chronic nerve pain for alsomt 1.5 year due to herpes infection(1&2) so I have tried a lot of meds but nothing has helped so far my pain is 24/7 non stop anyways i aware of few members who's facing the same issues more/less but still they have chronic nerve pain and most of us don't get visible ob's. Anyways my question is anyone who has tried LDN or have some information about it I will highly appreciate your contribution and assistant. I am getting the meds soon and starting at very low dose 1.5mg per day at bedtime. Kindly requesting anyone who doesn't Having nerve pain associated with HSV not to give comments like : have you seen a doctor , did you check other causes. Are you sure it's HSV related yes I am sure and I have seen not doctor I have doctors and check all other possible causes it's HSV and nothing else. I highly appreciate your feedback for the LDN. Thanks 

Sanguine108

LDN is cheaper than dirt, there's no contraindications that I can think of for it.

From what I remember, it targets opioid receptors so pain relief is the major benefit.   ...It also benefits a range of other conditions so idk...

do it and report back if you get any relief.

Puni

@Mackie82 strangly 60ml BRANDY at night with hot water seemingly working on my neurologia it seems,  I can't confirm it yet, I'm like in phase 1 say, today I tried red wine not much effect in reducing genital burning sensation, but damn only brandy seems to work I don't know why! You can see immediate effect tomorrow morning. Just give it a try. 

GlitterDx

I have to say I am a BIG proponent of LDN for herpes. It has greatly reduced HSV symptoms (neuralgia +) and outbreaks. I know of several others benefiting from using LDN for herpes. 

Mackie82
3 hours ago, Sanguine108 said:

LDN is cheaper than dirt, there's no contraindications that I can think of for it.

From what I remember, it targets opioid receptors so pain relief is the major benefit.   ...It also benefits a range of other conditions so idk...

do it and report back if you get any relief.

I have tried a lot of things with no improvemt so I am hoping the LDN it will help and give me relief if it's going to work I will definetly report even if it won't work I will also report I don't want to suffer and take this pain and I wish no one will ever experience this pain. Thanks 

IcantThinkofaName
On 10/5/2017 at 6:32 PM, Mackie82 said:

I have tried a lot of things with no improvemt so I am hoping the LDN it will help and give me relief if it's going to work I will definetly report even if it won't work I will also report I don't want to suffer and take this pain and I wish no one will ever experience this pain. Thanks 

How is the LDN working for you? Did you get a script?

Mackie82
2 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

How is the LDN working for you? Did you get a script?

I just started at 1.5ml=1.5mg so I will wait for awhile and report back. My problem is that the pain is really extremely chronic and in several places.lets see what the LDN can do

IcantThinkofaName
18 hours ago, Mackie82 said:

I just started at 1.5ml=1.5mg so I will wait for awhile and report back. My problem is that the pain is really extremely chronic and in several places.lets see what the LDN can do

how did you get a script? What kind of dr will prescribe this?

GlitterDx
21 hours ago, Mackie82 said:

Three days and you will feel better!!! 

Mackie82
3 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

how did you get a script? What kind of dr will prescribe this?

Where I live it’s not available but my friend brought it for me in 50mg and I diluted it so I am taking 1.5ml for now. Thanks 

GlitterDx

Thats how I do it. Just be sure to power through maybe a few days of a stomach ache and not being able to sleep. After that its all good!

Mackie82
53 minutes ago, GlitterDx said:

Three days and you will feel better!!! 

Thank you. If you don’t mind me asking again , are you on 4.5mg/ day and for how long? As I remember you are taking AV also. I don’t get ob’s so I don’t know if I have to take valtrex as well or just the LDN. I wish it will help me this is the only hope. 

GlitterDx

1.5-3 mg randomly every night before bed. It can build up and not be as effective. I was up to about 4. If it works at 3 stop there. If not go higher. If it seems to not be working after awhile skip a day and lower the dose. 

Also take vitamin d with it !

I take AV anyways. 

BartSimpson

Very interested to hear the results of the LDN , since contracting this in October I'm having some serious neurological issues . Excitotoxicity seems to play a part, I hope I'm not going crippled

Quest

Mackie, I can send you an email with all sorts of info and I put you in a special group. Dr. Bahari and Dr. Burt Berkson are the gurus on LDN. Remember that you must stop taking it 5 days in advance if you are going in the hospital. (opiates will not work as well)  The reason why I put you in that group is because you will have all the info at your fingertips. 

I have stopped taking it temporarily and plan to go back on in several months. Dr. Bahari and Berkson have had great success with HIV patients. Both publish their work for the public. I took my brother to see Dr. Berkson and was amazed by all the people all over the world that I met. Dr. Bahari is deceased but his videos remain on youTube. Both are on youTube.

I had very vivid dreams, I loved it. I started at 3 for one week then went to 4.5 mg.  Following what he did for my brother.

Get a stopper 60 mg. bottle from the pharmacy and a syringe. Easy measuring that way. Make sure one 50 mg tab sits in the 50 ml of distilled water for about an hour. Then keep in the fridge. In America they are amber oval bottles that are marked. 

Mackie82
1 hour ago, Quest said:

Mackie, I can send you an email with all sorts of info and I put you in a special group. Dr. Bahari and Dr. Burt Berkson are the gurus on LDN. Remember that you must stop taking it 5 days in advance if you are going in the hospital. (opiates will not work as well)  The reason why I put you in that group is because you will have all the info at your fingertips. 

I have stopped taking it temporarily and plan to go back on in several months. Dr. Bahari and Berkson have had great success with HIV patients. Both publish their work for the public. I took my brother to see Dr. Berkson and was amazed by all the people all over the world that I met. Dr. Bahari is deceased but his videos remain on youTube. Both are on youTube.

I had very vivid dreams, I loved it. I started at 3 for one week then went to 4.5 mg.  Following what he did for my brother.

Get a stopper 60 mg. bottle from the pharmacy and a syringe. Easy measuring that way. Make sure one 50 mg tab sits in the 50 ml of distilled water for about an hour. Then keep in the fridge. In America they are amber oval bottles that are marked. 

Please add me to that group, you know my Facebook account. Many thanks 

Mikee
13 hours ago, Quest said:

This on facebook? Any other way or I need a facebook? Can you add me if I makee facebook?

Quest
16 hours ago, Mackie82 said:

Please add me to that group, you know my Facebook account. Many thanks 

you will go to your fb groups and approve your entry to the group. :) 

5 hours ago, Mikee said:

This on facebook? Any other way or I need a facebook? Can you add me if I makee facebook?

I will pm you to friend me then add you, they will approve, look into your fb group s and approve.

Make a fake profile if you wish.

Quest