World's Largest Herpes Support Group

Genital Herpes Home Testing

NEW - In-home Genital Herpes Testing Kits!

Affordable, Hassle-free, 100% Confidential, 5 Minute Testing
  • No doctor or lab visits required
  • Prescription sent to your pharmacy
  • Lab-certified results in days
  • All from the comfort of home

Although I disagree with some of this article regarding it not being a big deal, it’s good someone like VICE wrote about it since they have a pretty large audience.

Herpes: Welcome to the Disease You Probably Have

“ A common STI check up covers a lot, but not herpes. When I asked why herpes wasn't included in the STI check, I was advised basically to not poke a sleeping bear. If I requested a blood test to look for antibodies to HSV1 or HSV2, it would burden me with disclosure even if the virus was only present due to coldsores. My doctor was essentially telling me to preserve my plausible deniability.”

II can't stand all these articles claiming herpes as not a big deal. And most of us have it so who cares. It frustrates me to no end. Especially those of us who do have it that buy into it. It is a problem. It's uncomfortable, it hurts, it's embarrassing. And it can be dangerous. Infants die every year, some people have it so bad they can hardly walk, people who get it in their eye can go blind, in rare cases theres incephalitis. I'm so annoyed. I can't stand it. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• New?  Type /help in the Chat Box below ;)

• Create an account or sign in to use Live Chat

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

• Similar Content

• MessedUpBadly
      By MessedUpBadly
      Can applying lotions, creams, or ointments prevent an outbreak?
      (Lemon balm, essential oils, propolis.)
    • Keith1954
      By Keith1954
      Had sex two weeks ago, a few hours after shaving vigorously down there. Also have been going to the gym a lot and sweating, wearing tight clothing. About a week ago, these marks appeared (one on testicle, two small ones on shaft), which look like an in grown hair/ shaving irritation. Urgent care said not to worry, but I am still paranoid. I am going to get tested once enough time has passed, but do these look like any very serious? I know I posted this on another forum, but this one seems more appropriate. No pain or other symptoms for a first out break. 

• Keith1954
      By Keith1954
      So I had sex about two weeks ago. Prior to having sex, I shaved aggressively around my Pubic area. I also work out regularly and wear tight clothing, which traps the sweat. 36 hours after having sex, I noticed these small red spots around the areas I shaved, and a little beyond. They were not painful, and did not itch. I got evaluated by the urgent care who told me not to worry and gave me some cream. About a week after the sex, and a week ago from today, a pimple like spot appeared on my Testicle where I shaved. Still no itching or other symptoms but it has been here for a week. What could it be? Am I being paranoid? My friends wife who is a nurse already assured me it doesn’t look like herpes, As well as urgent care.

• Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      By Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      Why we are only looking for local herpsters ? I think we can have it from distance as well for a while
    • RecklessKJ
      By RecklessKJ
      Ok, so I have never had sex but for awhile I have had wrinkly, bump like skin on the tip of my penis. I do get cold sores from time to time but I have not had any form of sex ever! Please help me out, I plan to lose my virginity to my girlfriend soon and want an opinion on what this is..

• Trending Now

Create an Account

Our Privacy Policy.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation.