Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Scorpiomommy

Babysitters

Recommended Posts

Scorpiomommy

My 2 year old daughter has had three Genital  “outbreaks” of a cluster of blisters that turn into ulcerative sores (looks like herpes). The first time it happened we had her tested, since my husband and I both have HSV. It came back negative and we were so relieved, but still confused as to what it was. It has happened twice since then, including right now. We just got a new babysitter and she is amazing. Very attentive and interactive and she adores our daughter and her daughter is close in age so they had a wonderful day together. The babysitter noticed her sores when changing her diaper and asked me about it. I told her I felt it might be Herpes but we weren’t sure because it had been tested before and was negative, and I apologized for not telling her beforehand because I had completely forgotten to mention it. She was 100% supportive and compassionate about it which was a giant relief! Then a few hours later she texted me saying her and her daughter had touched my daughters pacifier and should they be worried? My heart dropped. I suddenly felt like my daughter was a plague. That she’s tainted and will forever be exiled by her peers and mothers. I am heartbroken. The babysitter was suddenly short with me in conversation and seemed very off put by the situation. I reassured her we would get it tested again, and until then she should ensure her daughter doesn’t share food or drinks or kisses with my daughter just in case, even though her sores have only been Genital. We are taking her tomorrow to be tested again for peace of mind. Until then I am drowning in anxiety and disappointment that we may have passed this on to our beautiful innocent daughter. I’m currently 8 months pregnant with another daughter and start my valtrex tomorrow to avoid outbreak at delivery. Advice? Anyone have two children and only one has HSV and hasn’t passed it on to the other child?  I feel hopeless for preventing the spread of it to our newborn at some point in her life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jingle

How would a 2yr old baby get genital herpes?? not unless someone with a cold sore kissed her skin in the diaper area?? you should get a pcr swab test done of the blisters but it'd be quite rare that a baby would get genital herpes without any sexual contact. I've heard babies having blisters/cold sores on lips, but not genitals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diablo604

 

11 minutes ago, jingle said:

How would a 2yr old baby get genital herpes?? 

If a doctor diagnosed a 2 year old baby with genital herpes, they would automatically report the case to law enforcement and child welfare agencies. In your position, I would be at the paediatrician's office looking for an explanation. Frankly, the mere fact that you mentioned the possibility that a two-year-old might have genital herpes is probably what alarmed the babysitter. 
 

Edited by diablo604

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elle22

Have you had your daughter checked for yeast infections? I imagine that would be more likely and they can cause blisters and sores like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!17

I hope everything is ok with you and your daughter. Although its unlikely of your 2 year old having genital HSV. I understand that it indeed is a concern. My thoughts and empathy are with you. Keep us posted, I have small children too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a1mbt
On 10/20/2017 at 7:21 AM, jingle said:

How would a 2yr old baby get genital herpes?? not unless someone with a cold sore kissed her skin in the diaper area?? you should get a pcr swab test done of the blisters but it'd be quite rare that a baby would get genital herpes without any sexual contact. I've heard babies having blisters/cold sores on lips, but not genitals.

Incorrect, hsv can be passed to a child through breast feeding and even through the mother shedding during pregnancy. The mother may not even know they have hsv and have never had symptoms yet still shed, during shedding the virus is active and skin friction, fluids can cause transmission of it.

Im really surprised looking around people how much people dont research here tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scorpiomommy
On 10/20/2017 at 2:21 AM, jingle said:

How would a 2yr old baby get genital herpes?? not unless someone with a cold sore kissed her skin in the diaper area?? you should get a pcr swab test done of the blisters but it'd be quite rare that a baby would get genital herpes without any sexual contact. I've heard babies having blisters/cold sores on lips, but not genitals.

I have HSV-1 and HSV-2. She could have acquired it in utero, at birth, via breastfeeding, poor hand hygiene + diaper changes.. I mean think about it. If I go to the restroom and accidentally touch a sore and don’t think to wash my hands, or wash them poorly, then go change her diaper and have to put diaper cream on her.. it could hypothetically happen so as a first time mom I freaked out. It’s not automatically a sexual thing just because of where it’s located. I have a friend with HSV who only gets whitlows, which are known to be evident from touching other sores.. not the case for my friend at all since she doesn’t get sores anywhere else.. turns out my daughter doesn’t have any form of HSV at all. Must’ve just been a yeast infection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happybee
On 11/8/2018 at 4:41 AM, a1mbt said:

Incorrect, hsv can be passed to a child through breast feeding and even through the mother shedding during pregnancy. The mother may not even know they have hsv and have never had symptoms yet still shed, during shedding the virus is active and skin friction, fluids can cause transmission of it.

Im really surprised looking around people how much people dont research here tbh

Breast feeding yes but shedding in pregnacy I never heard of? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happybee
On 10/19/2017 at 8:57 PM, Scorpiomommy said:

My 2 year old daughter has had three Genital  “outbreaks” of a cluster of blisters that turn into ulcerative sores (looks like herpes). The first time it happened we had her tested, since my husband and I both have HSV. It came back negative and we were so relieved, but still confused as to what it was. It has happened twice since then, including right now. We just got a new babysitter and she is amazing. Very attentive and interactive and she adores our daughter and her daughter is close in age so they had a wonderful day together. The babysitter noticed her sores when changing her diaper and asked me about it. I told her I felt it might be Herpes but we weren’t sure because it had been tested before and was negative, and I apologized for not telling her beforehand because I had completely forgotten to mention it. She was 100% supportive and compassionate about it which was a giant relief! Then a few hours later she texted me saying her and her daughter had touched my daughters pacifier and should they be worried? My heart dropped. I suddenly felt like my daughter was a plague. That she’s tainted and will forever be exiled by her peers and mothers. I am heartbroken. The babysitter was suddenly short with me in conversation and seemed very off put by the situation. I reassured her we would get it tested again, and until then she should ensure her daughter doesn’t share food or drinks or kisses with my daughter just in case, even though her sores have only been Genital. We are taking her tomorrow to be tested again for peace of mind. Until then I am drowning in anxiety and disappointment that we may have passed this on to our beautiful innocent daughter. I’m currently 8 months pregnant with another daughter and start my valtrex tomorrow to avoid outbreak at delivery. Advice? Anyone have two children and only one has HSV and hasn’t passed it on to the other child?  I feel hopeless for preventing the spread of it to our newborn at some point in her life.

Do you have hsv1 or 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happybee
On 10/19/2017 at 8:57 PM, Scorpiomommy said:

My 2 year old daughter has had three Genital  “outbreaks” of a cluster of blisters that turn into ulcerative sores (looks like herpes). The first time it happened we had her tested, since my husband and I both have HSV. It came back negative and we were so relieved, but still confused as to what it was. It has happened twice since then, including right now. We just got a new babysitter and she is amazing. Very attentive and interactive and she adores our daughter and her daughter is close in age so they had a wonderful day together. The babysitter noticed her sores when changing her diaper and asked me about it. I told her I felt it might be Herpes but we weren’t sure because it had been tested before and was negative, and I apologized for not telling her beforehand because I had completely forgotten to mention it. She was 100% supportive and compassionate about it which was a giant relief! Then a few hours later she texted me saying her and her daughter had touched my daughters pacifier and should they be worried? My heart dropped. I suddenly felt like my daughter was a plague. That she’s tainted and will forever be exiled by her peers and mothers. I am heartbroken. The babysitter was suddenly short with me in conversation and seemed very off put by the situation. I reassured her we would get it tested again, and until then she should ensure her daughter doesn’t share food or drinks or kisses with my daughter just in case, even though her sores have only been Genital. We are taking her tomorrow to be tested again for peace of mind. Until then I am drowning in anxiety and disappointment that we may have passed this on to our beautiful innocent daughter. I’m currently 8 months pregnant with another daughter and start my valtrex tomorrow to avoid outbreak at delivery. Advice? Anyone have two children and only one has HSV and hasn’t passed it on to the other child?  I feel hopeless for preventing the spread of it to our newborn at some point in her life.

I have 2 kids..preggo with my 3rd..I take valtrex everyday..I have anxiety all the time over things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,663
    • Total Posts
      478,297
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

  • Posts

    • Mikeike3
      Denavir never did a good job blocking much for me and my derm said this is the norm. my next step is to do a few other blood checks to make sure I’m not destroying my insides and also add in tens which has been shown to reduce shingles outbreaks to hopefully deactivate as much of the virus as possible. Targeting lower back and thighs for this  disclaimer is that I’ve had no positive tests from wb igg culture or dna pcr so going off of visual diagnosis with md and fact I never responded to fungal and bacterial treatments over the course of a year . 
    • Kurdt01
      Yeah I'd love to get a line on somewhere cheaper to get this. There has to be somewhere you'd think...I"m anxious to try it with Valtrex.
    • Mikeike3
      Approaching my first week of amena valtrex cccombo with denavir as needed.  100mg and 1g respectively. Read multiple human and animal studies around safety and excretion methods vs valtrex, and a newer study around discovering contraindications for amena (warfarin) I did three weeks of 1g valtrex and 50mg amena and lysine etc but ended up with a full blown break out of balanitis and spot on my lip line along with pain.  Gone in two days but sucked. Dr swabbed dna on penis but redness was gone and came back negative so going to do another , will be hard to swab while on meds anyway as amena reduces shedding significantly to undetectable levels in guinea pigs, I have this study.   so far 100mg is superior. Still getting prodrome each day but haven’t woken up with any surprises or broken out yet.    my supplement only breakout frequency was every four or five days plus increased prodrome.  Gf is pleased.
    • Ely
      Buy i Lilium candidum flowers, put them in the container with olive oil let them rest there for 40 days in the warm place after that time use it like topic is natural remedy for healing of burns wounds,  prevents scaring try it its not hard to find salute 
    • Screwed
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.