Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
herpes123

New troubling article featuring RVX -

herpes123

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-dying-doctor-peter-thiel-and-a-rogue-herpes-vaccine-trial-gone-wrong?yptr=yahoo

Just one of the sections of the article:

They received the injection in a house in St. Kitts, not a medical clinic.

Halford, whose gaunt frame made his cancer apparent by then, at times appeared disoriented.

Fernández, a constant presence, was introduced to them by name and made some of them uncomfortable when they socialized over drinks and dinner.

Some patients became anxious about their participation soon after receiving the vaccine.

One, a web developer in his 20s, felt ill after receiving just one dose.

“I experienced tiredness and ringing in my ears,” said the web developer, who reported the feelings along with “disequilibrium and slurred speech” continue to this day.

He said he decided not to return to St. Kitts for follow-up shots after Halford dismissed his symptoms as arising from a common cold.

Another participant, a Colorado woman in her 40s, said she told Halford she experienced flu-like aches and pains and tingling and numbness soon after the second shot. The symptoms were followed by an “excruciating” 30-day outbreak of herpes.

"I have new symptoms every day,” that woman later wrote Halford in an email exchange provided to KHN. “This is terrifying."

Halford initially dismissed her symptoms, speculating they were caused by a mosquito-borne virus, she said.

She returned for the third shot but had her doubts. Halford and Fernández met her at a café to talk about her concerns, she recalled.

“[Fernández] kept saying, ‘You signed the consent form. You knew the risks,’” said the Colorado woman, who said Halford then removed her from the trial.

Another participant, a Californian in his 30s, said he went through with all three shots despite feeling a “terrible pain in my stomach.”

Halford then told him he had noticed in his research of mice that another version of the virus entered the gut of the mice and killed them, the participant said.

“I then thought maybe this is dangerous,” said the Californian, whose pain went away but his outbreaks did not.

Warren, the nurse practitioner in Oregon, said two participants tracked her down as a herpes expert. She said they described possible side effects from the vaccine.

Halford had told participants he would follow up on their reactions to the vaccine for a year, according to the consent form. But he stopped sending questionnaires to the two participants who said they had been dropped from the trial.

Warren said that even when researchers stop administering a vaccine because of possible side effects, known as adverse events, they have a duty to track the subjects’ reactions.

“There is no doubt that these were adverse events that should have been reported,” Warren said.

vitalsign0

Sounds like the beginning to a horror movie. At the very best a very poorly run effort. I'll pass.

Advertisement

SCG

So I guess we should all thank our lucky stars that the FDA is here so we don't get stomach aches...,

Shameless hit piece.

fixme1

The people who have fed Marisa this info are all on this forum I'd say , why would you five some corrupt waste of oxygen journilist any shred of info to give a meaning to her shit postings haha.

Advertisement

Mackie82
    48 minutes ago, fixme1 said:

The people who have fed Marisa this info are all on this forum I'd say , why would you five some corrupt waste of oxygen journilist any shred of info to give a meaning to her shit postings haha.

Fixme, RVX still didn’t announce the phase 1 safety trail. Even their CEO has no proper answer for this question. Honestly they just want to make some sales from the extreme sufferers like me. They don’t care about what will happen and he biggest proof that we they announce the sales couple of months ago it was through Minerva lab which is located in Dominican and coming to st. Kitts to vaccinate people. Like this they won’t have any responsibility and it’s very simple whatever happens you can’t blaim them. This is complete bullshit. Something is still not proven to even be safe everybody is talking about it as a functional cure. Really it’s so funny and no one should even talk about it. They fucked out mind in this forum through the daily argument. Once any better treatment , vax, cure is available we are going to pay for it and get it won’t be for free it’s all about money. Thanks 

valleynovascotia

So this vax may not work and could make one sick? It sounds sketchy that he had her removed from trial then claimed it was from a mosquito bit.

Sean123

In your face rvx pi.

In your face rat vaxxer.

In your face to everyone who used to insult me on this site.

A fail just like I said from the start. False promises,sketchy happenings,back peddles...Fail.

Game over.

herpes123
    6 minutes ago, Sean123 said:

In your face rvx pi.

In your face rat vaxxer.

A fail just like I said from the start. False promises,sketchy happenings,back peddles...Fail.

Game over.

Sean - You forgot to mention "In your face" to the moderators that deleted posts, locked boards, shut down free speech, and put accounts on suspension - for taking the practical "rational" view that more discussion was needed and allowed all of the false hype and hope to permeate this board.  I wonder if they bare any responsibility for those that are now suffering from adverse reactions - as seemingly they only wanted one side of the story to be posted.

CanadianGuy

So a few people had less than desirable results and that makes the vaccine a complete failure. What about the people who've experienced positive results? There's 3 sides to this story, Rvx's side, Marisa's side, and the truth which is probably somewhere in the middle.

fixme1
    3 hours ago, Sean123 said:

In your face rvx pi.

In your face rat vaxxer.

Game over.

Guess you'll have to accept you have it now

fixme1
    5 hours ago, Mackie82 said:

Fixme, RVX still didn’t announce the phase 1 safety trail. Even their CEO has no proper answer for this question. Honestly they just want to make some sales from the extreme sufferers like me. They don’t care about what will happen and he biggest proof that we they announce the sales couple of months ago it was through Minerva lab which is located in Dominican and coming to st. Kitts to vaccinate people. Like this they won’t have any responsibility and it’s very simple whatever happens you can’t blaim them. This is complete bullshit. Something is still not proven to even be safe everybody is talking about it as a functional cure. Really it’s so funny and no one should even talk about it. They fucked out mind in this forum through the daily argument. Once any better treatment , vax, cure is available we are going to pay for it and get it won’t be for free it’s all about money. Thanks 

I genuinely believe halford was out to help sufferers and not cause pain, he was just a dieing man trying his hardest to dobest with all his time he put into hsv research. The people on here that actually went to a corrupt journo ... What do they actually get from it, it won't take the fact they have hsv away ha. There was no way in hell this was a scan or profit based, if the FDA over see trails of a live vaccine i think it will be made safe and give the world what it needs.

thatsmycat

I am so fucking glad I did not sign up for this vaccine- Its amazing how vulnerable and desperate we all were, all the chronic sufferers, and how we overlooked all the red flags. 

Wow I came close to paying all that money and taking that fucked up vaccine from scientists who weren't quite sane and leech investors who didn't give a fuck about other people's lives. 

Just wow. I would curse those on this site who perpetuated this bullshit but im sure karma will do that anyways.

I am about to try ozone hemotherapy- That is the only thing that I have heard legitimate results from chronic viral sufferers( Herpes, EBV, Lyme disease, Shingles). Expensive as fuck, but people who were having outbreaks every day have said they dont get outbreaks anymore even after taking Argenine suppliments. Thats a fucking Miracle. It may not be a cure but for people like us who have had our lives ripped out of our chests- HSV2 has brought me to the edge of my life and Im just about done with it.

Im going to see this guy- watch his youtube channel, amazing stuff I have never seen another doctor with this many positive IN PERSON testimonials. 

Micah

S

8 hours ago, Sean123 said:

In your face rvx pi.

In your face rat vaxxer.

Game over.

So your happy a treatment failed? How about rooting for these things. I actually don't care about the rvx all that much anyway. But It sucks for people suffering severe cases.  I want gene editing to win. Not suprrssion. I want this shot destroyed

Micah
    1 hour ago, thatsmycat said:

am about to try ozone hemotherapy-

I've got some wolf tickets you can buy while youre at it.

cracked

Damn, everyone’s so quick to jump on the bandwagon of a badly written article by Marissa Taylor. You can clearly see how she carefully has put tons of negative adjectives to negate the image of every person that supports Halford in the article. There are plenty of things she could have written about apart from this since she’s done pieces on the Panama papers before and received an award for it, but obviously someone must’ve put her up to this since she does a well enough job of destroying people’s images. I just don’t understand how people on here can flip flop from one side to the other so much when it comes to something like this. If the results are submitted and the vaccine later turns out that it helps a lot of people then what? Will all the people saying it’s a scam jump in line to get the vaccination? That’ll be a pretty crappy thing to do in my opinion. It’s also funny how so many people will attack something potentially positive towards a cure but then not want to put in an effort to advocate for a cure on their own and expect something to just happen.

dont quit!17
    1 hour ago, cracked said:

Damn, everyone’s so quick to jump on the bandwagon of a badly written article by Marissa Taylor. You can clearly see how she carefully has put tons of negative adjectives to negate the image of every person that supports Halford in the article. There are plenty of things she could have written about apart from this since she’s done pieces on the Panama papers before and received an award for it, but obviously someone must’ve put her up to this since she does a well enough job of destroying people’s images. I just don’t understand how people on here can flip flop from one side to the other so much when it comes to something like this. If the results are submitted and the vaccine later turns out that it helps a lot of people then what? Will all the people saying it’s a scam jump in line to get the vaccination? That’ll be a pretty crappy thing to do in my opinion. It’s also funny how so many people will attack something potentially positive towards a cure but then not want to put in an effort to advocate for a cure on their own and expect something to just happen.

I agree there is no data whatsoever, so we can't speculate one way or another but even when RVX decides to share some data, how reliable will it be since no third party was there to monitor trial. Can we really trust them to share accurate data? I certainly hope so but those are decisions people are going to have to make if and when they decide to get the vaccine. 

fixme1
    16 hours ago, Sean123 said:

In your face rvx pi.

In your face rat vaxxer.

Game over.

you are a waster

MoniqueLow
    13 hours ago, fixme1 said:

I genuinely believe halford was out to help sufferers and not cause pain, he was just a dieing man trying his hardest to dobest with all his time he put into hsv research. The people on here that actually went to a corrupt journo ... What do they actually get from it, it won't take the fact they have hsv away ha. There was no way in hell this was a scan or profit based, if the FDA over see trails of a live vaccine i think it will be made safe and give the world what it needs.

I agree, Dr Halford wanted to help, not harm. He heard desperate stories which are generally ignored by medical community. He acknowledged hsv is not "skin rash" as officially presented although for some people can be life changing disease. He tested safety of the vaccine on himself (20x?), so he was sure it wouldn't harm anyone. Then it was that safety trail. Yes, safety trail which should determine safety. Whoever signed up for phase one safety trail should know it could be risky - such as in any safety trail even supervised by FDA. I am not sure if I would be brave enough to participate in phase 1 of any treatment (CRISPR,...). I'm glad, there are people who do and that's why research is progressing! I'm afraid adverse reactions are caused by immune system response, and as mentioned before, one participant of Gen 003 had adverse reactions too. Unfortunately immune system can work against us. What I don't like in this case, the patients with adverse reactions should be followed and helped and not left to deal with it alone. Then I believe they wouldn't go to media or here on HC with hateful reaction towards rvx. It was the main mistake of rvx IMO. Maybe it was due to lack of time?

Nobody benefits from failure if this vaccine, so I don't understand any excitement here from this article. 

Edited by MoniqueLow

Sean123
    11 hours ago, Micah said:

S

So your happy a treatment failed? How about rooting for these things. I actually don't care about the rvx all that much anyway. But It sucks for people suffering severe cases.  I want gene editing to win. Not suprrssion. I want this shot destroyed

Im not happy a potential treatment failed, I am happy that.... Bullshit never made it through the cracks. Think about the people who would have lost money,health, etc... Hope was no lost. Gene editing WILL cure herpes. It will happen and the fucking fda cant do fuck all about it!  

We are all brothers and sisters on this board and I understand we will all have our ups and downs. 

Last time I say this.. To all that insulted and put me down about my concerns with RVx,etc.. buy the biggest,thickest toy and shove it as far up your arse as you can -  I also forgive you. 

Last time rvx comes out of my mouth. 

Edited by Sean123

Micah

Even if gene editing cures it. Fda will hold it back

LatentBloomer
    13 minutes ago, Micah said:

If gene editing cures it and the FDA holds it back we'll pool our resources $$$ and find another lab to recreate the treatment. 

There are smart ppl on this forum. We'll pay them to do it and sign confidentiality agreements, waivers, and whatever else they want so they're not held liable. 

Edited by LatentBloomer

MoniqueLow
    30 minutes ago, Micah said:

That's what I am afraid of. Safety requirement is important for sure, but it could become obstacle for finding a cure. This is off topic but, in radio interview, one doctor spoke about the cause why there are more and more cases of super resistant bacterias almost incurable by ATB. He said, in hospitals in USA people are given ATB as a prevention against getting bacteria infection (which is common in that risky environment) because they know patient would sue hospital for it. Ironically, army of lawyers which was supposed to protect us, will actually kill us...

Edited by MoniqueLow

MoniqueLow
    13 minutes ago, LatentBloomer said:

If gene editing cures it and the FDA holds it back we'll pool our resources $$$ and find another lab to recreate the treatment. 

There are smart ppl on this forum. We'll pay them to do it and sign confidentiality agreements, waivers, and whatever else they want so they're not held liable. 

This article (against rvx) is exactly on purpose to threaten anyone to go without approval of FDA, so I'm afraid nobody will risk it. They will make rvx deterrent example what it's going to happen to anyone who doesn't obey.