Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Tense

First o.b help

Hi, I started with symptoms a few weeks ago and went to the dr. She gave me acyclovir. I have been taking it since the 12th. Was exposed on Sept 25. Dumbest thing i ever have done. So I am taking ibuprofen and Tylenol still. How long until the itch and discomfort stop? It is miserable. I haven't read online about itch or the rash going away in certain time frame. It feels like a harsh sun burn. Thank you in advance. 

Advertisement

I'm sorry that you're experiencing such a painful primary OB, but the first ones are typically the worst. I find that cleansing the area with baby wipes several times a day helps with the itchiness/stinging sensations I experience directly on my most sensitive parts (inner labia, clitoral hood). There's no medical reason why this works, I guess it's just soothing. If I feel itchiness or burning around the area (outer labia) I'll use some witch hazel and then apply tea tree oil mixed with coconut oil. Just wear a pad so you don't make a mess of your underwear. For urethral burning (feels like a UTI) I take AZO pills. They're an nsaid for your urinary tract. Pure aloe Vera gel or even desitin maximum strength might help with the pain and irritation although I've never tried either.

Your symptoms will eventually subside, don't worry. There's no "normal" when it comes to herpes. Your body is doing the best it can and dealing with it just fine. 

Thank you for the info. I just wish I would have never met this guy. All the signs and red flags were there too. I feel so lost. 

11 hours ago, jingle said:

Why did the doctor think it was herpes?

No, but she did a swab inside my cervix. I didn't have sex I only grinded and gave him oral but, he had a lesion on his lip and I think he was having an o.b. im.such an idiot. I already had oral herpes years ago. I am getting a blood test on the 1st. I know i have shingles. I talked to another Dr and he said it sounds like herpes from my symptoms. I just wish the itch and burn would stop. It makes me lash out and be more miserable 

Did the guy give oral to you? If not, then there would be no way for him to get the virus from his lip to your genitals. What was the result of the swab test you took? It's quite possible your symptoms are because of something other than herpes.

Advertisement

12 minutes ago, jingle said:

Did the guy give oral to you? If not, then there would be no way for him to get the virus from his lip to your genitals. What was the result of the swab test you took? It's quite possible your symptoms are because of something other than herpes.

No, no oral. I kissed him,gave him oral and grinded on his part. The Dr swabbed my cervix, not the sores. I had a bad burning sensation, red area, and then i got red pimple like sores That popped up on the 11th the pain and itch are finally going away. I have been on acyclovir 400 mg 3 times a day since the 11th.  I had my rectal Area a few days ago pop up with a bunch of white pustukes that hurt like hell. He had a cut on his lip which I  now think he was having an outbreak. 

Hi kill.hsv

The scammer has been deleted and banned now

Lucy

Hi Brokengrace

The scammer is an organisation who tries to sell 'miracle cures'. Its a money making racket. We try to prevent them from getting on the site but sometimes they slip through. If you come across posts saying there is a herbal doctor who cured someones HSV and they leave a contact number please don't quote it , just send a report and we will remove it

Thanks

Lucy

You could have caught HSV from this encounter because all it takes is skin to skin contact. however some of the story is not lining up..

You could have caught Oral HSV from his mouth, but since he did not give you oral sex, you couldn't have caught it in your genitals.  The virus stays in the skin region where it is touched (you can't kiss him on the mouth and get genital herpes).  The only way this could have occurred is if you or he touched his mouth sore, and then touched your vagina. 

In addition the primary OB would likely develop externally since you did not have contact with him internally of your vagina.  There would be no way for the virus to have gotten inside to your cervix from external grinding (unless he fingered you after recently touching his mouth sore). 

You definitely need to get this typed to determine if it is type 1 or type 2.  If it is type 2 it did not come from his mouth.  HSV2 almost never sheds from the mouth nor shows symptoms of a physical outbreak.  You could have gotten HSV2 from his genitals, or had a prior infection of HSV1/2 from a different session, or guy. 

On 11/8/2017 at 5:39 PM, Scooby2112 said:

You could have caught HSV from this encounter because all it takes is skin to skin contact. however some of the story is not lining up..

You could have caught Oral HSV from his mouth, but since he did not give you oral sex, you couldn't have caught it in your genitals.  The virus stays in the skin region where it is touched (you can't kiss him on the mouth and get genital herpes).  The only way this could have occurred is if you or he touched his mouth sore, and then touched your vagina. 

In addition the primary OB would likely develop externally since you did not have contact with him internally of your vagina.  There would be no way for the virus to have gotten inside to your cervix from external grinding (unless he fingered you after recently touching his mouth sore). 

You definitely need to get this typed to determine if it is type 1 or type 2.  If it is type 2 it did not come from his mouth.  HSV2 almost never sheds from the mouth nor shows symptoms of a physical outbreak.  You could have gotten HSV2 from his genitals, or had a prior infection of HSV1/2 from a different session, or guy. 

Sorry but I know it is contracted skin to skin. I also touched his "area" and now get blisters and a burning sensation on my hands and transferred it to me eye.