I'm Coming Around

nshock1

I just want to thank you guys that replied to my first post. It was a hard day for me. I can deal with it a bit better knowing that there are so many others out there who are experiencing the same thing and are willing to help me with this. It lets me know that I'm not alone. I still haven't told anyone. It scares me to know that one day I will have to tell someone about it. The thought of rejection scares me as well. But I haven't been as down as I thought I'd be about the whole thing. Half of the time I don't think about it and then all of a sudden it will pop into my mind and it's like the first day all over again. I'm worried about outbreaks and how to handle them. Can any of you offer any advice?

I have also been reading up a bit about it and it's not so bad. I know that it's not the end of the world. I really didn't know that it was common in so many people.

take valtrex for starters, and keep reminding yourself that you are not alone and that those who really love you won't care and will understand and support you. I am looking for that support as well which is why I joined this board.

I know that in the beginning the pain and discomfort are a major distraction but it does get better.

One thing I didn't realize was that the ob's can be mild and infrequent and for some the virus can become dormant. They aren't all as bad as that first one. I thought that was something wonderful to work towards.

For some people this is as simple as using antiviral medications. For others herbal supplements help and for some it all comes down to diet and avoiding certain foods.

Lets hope something simple works for you.:)

Don't know how to deal

I have been to a few other sites reading up on herpes and some of them make it sound so scary when they talk about it. I am having a bit of itching and irritation down below right now and I'm so paranoid that I may be getting ready to have an outbreak that I don't know what to do. I don't go to the doctor until Wed. But just when I thought that I just might be able to handle this, I'm ready to break down, not have sex anymore and close myself off from anyone who just might be interested in me.

I had just started seeing a guy prior to me finding out and I finally told him yesterday. He wasn't upset or anything and he totally surprised me with his reaction by telling me he had a cold sore on his lips a long time ago and how it is also a form of herpes. Although he just might be fine seeing me, I feel uncomfortable now with the thought of even being intimate with him for fear that I may infect him. I have read that you can infect a person whether you have an outbreak or not and I don't think that I could ever forgive myself if he got it from me.

Me too!

Seemann - yep, same reason I joined. And even though I haven't physically met any of you, I feel like I have met a whole new bunch of great people!

take valtrex for starters, and keep reminding yourself that you are not alone and that those who really love you won't care and will understand and support you. I am looking for that support as well which is why I joined this board.

nshock1 - give yourself more time to adjust to how you feel before you make any rash decisions. try to remember that time is on your side and you don't have to make any decisions until you are truly ready.

this situation is hard to deal with and you'll have many thoughts and emotions as you go through the process and in time you will feel better. right now the physical symptoms take a precedent. It's okay to put the things you can't handle yet on hold until another time.

if your guy has experienced coldsores then he has herpes and he has antibodies to it. He may never have huge ob's or the same discomfort as you and he may never contract it genitally. We simply cannot predict these things.

Hi, nshock1--I know exactly how you feel. I just got diagnosed with this about a month ago. At first I thought it may have just come from someone in my past but I later found out I got it because my boyfriend cheated on me.

I was like you--not as upset about it as I thought I would be. At first, I was totally shocked, confused and worried. Now I don't really think about it as much but I'm starting to get paranoid about outbreaks.

I just joined this forum today, so Hello, everyone! Could you guys be kind enough to kind of give me an idea of what to expect in my first year?? I know everyone's different but I just got this and I'm not sure how to recognize an outbreak each time.

During my primary outbreak, I had the flu symptoms, etc. It was really bad. I'm not taking a daily supressive therapy but I do take lysine, vitamin c, goldenseal, and a multi everyday. I've heard that many women get outbreaks around their periods, but that really sucks since I get a period every month like most women! For the women in this forum: is that true for you??

Also, I just ended my period and I've had horrible headaches the past two days--I'm soooo paranoid that I'm about to get another outbreak already. What kind of things did you all feel on the outbreaks you got after you were diagnosed???

Thanks for being here! It's good to know others are dealing with the same thing. We can help eachother!! Good luck!

Exactly!

Seemann - yep, same reason I joined. And even though I haven't physically met any of you, I feel like I have met a whole new bunch of great people!

I haven't really talked to anyone here yet I just joined but it seems to me that there great people here who understand what we go through and deal with. I'm very glad I signed up.