Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
CosmoDani

Does this look like herpes? *pic*

I've been getting these for about 3 years now and have been to the doctor to get swabbed(no blood test) and it comes back negative.. when I leave feel reassured but as soon as it happens again I just have a nagging feeling. Does this look like it to you guys?

20171110_212424.jpg

Edited by CosmoDani
    Misspelled

This is what it looks like the next day. Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

20171111_115617.jpg

Advertisement

I’m fairly new here and male, so my opinion may not count for much. But, if you’ve been swabbed, from what I’ve read thus far, you’re probably looking at something else there. Pics are super close up, so kinda hard to tell, but look different than most pics I’ve seen. If docs are swabbing you and telling you that you are negative, I’d push them to give you some type of diagnosis. Three years is a long time to deal with something like that. 

Have you taken a blood test. I would agree they don't look like typical lesions but that doesn't mean it isn't herpes.  Some get very mild symptoms.  

A blood test will tell you that you have antibodies.  But not where the infection is (oral or genital).  

I have not had a blood test. These pop up near my period almost every month. 

The hormonal changes during a period can be a trigger for some. However the only way to tell is to have them swabbed or get a type specific Igg test.  If you search for stdcheck.com you can get an Igg test done anonymously for relatively cheap.  

Advertisement

Usually hsv lesions have inflammation and erythema, yours don't seem like that. Anyway, the only way to be sure it is herpes is a positive swab test, and the only way to be almost sure it is not herpes is a negative blood test.