World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
tayelle

Possible to have no triggers?

tayelle

Hello all,

When I was diagnosed in June i had the standard primary ob lasting for 10 days. In July i started a protocol that caused me to have obs back to back throughout August-- the cycle stopped when i applied lemon balm. I possibly had 1 or two day lasting obs since then. 

I've been keeping a journal and I cannot find a sure fire connection to what causes my obs. Menstrual cycles, sex, chocolate, peanuts, stress have both caused and not caused my obs. They seem very random. Has anyone else been through this.

unluckyfool

hi,

1) make sure you get plenty of rest

2) stay away from the sun

3) dont workout or stress  your body under the hot sun..

a1mbt

yes its possible to have no triggers, but typically if your immune system is lowered or you are stressed as hsv hides in the nervous system, this will affect it.

personally i find it very hard to find my triggers, but honestly its still manageable and you'll be fine, just keep educating yourself

Kurdt01

Yeah I also believe that a lot of people don't have 'triggers'...mine has always came and went on its own regardless of how I indulge or abstain.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • MikeIke
      Postherpetic neuralgia 15% of the time is hsv1. It lives in your nerve ganglia. I don't see why that's so far fetched when it is well supported by research. 
    • Jas14
      I have HSV & foot nerve pain. I am 100% sure it's from HSV. My Infectious Disease Dr, very well known in NJ, said it is a possibility, he is not ruling it out. There are many strains of HSV & the one I have affected my feet.  I take L-Lysine, Daily Complete Vitamins & Vitamin B-12. My heart goes out to you. I will pray you find relief. Keep your head up & think positive. Sending hugs. Keep us posted
    • Rockster
      The chance of getting some HPV-Strain in life (as a person that is not abstinent) is literally about 99% i read. 
      And in 90% of cases the virus is gone after 2 years. And the chance of cancer is looooots smaller than 10% - you just go get your pap smears, so if something happens they know right away and they can treat it. Getting a positive pap smear at some point in life is super-common as a woman. 
    • nydb1
      I'd like to thank everyone for their input. Let's please keep things civil. I am going to continue with Acyclovir, until I feel my symptoms disappear. If they do not subside, I plan on consulting a physician again.
    • Rockster
      So... this would be a revolutionary simple Solution, to an extreme problem: transmitting and getting STD's where condoms don't help.  And people don't give a fuck and noone answers.    Now we just have to find out if it works.  - Does it hinder herpes transmissions (and perhaps also other stuff like hpv) - What is the cost (per sex) - What is the practicality

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.