PLEASE READ!! NEED ADVICE!!! I think I have herpes but the doctor says I have nothing to worry about!! I dated a guy for 2 years, we broke up and he had sex with a girl, who had sex with a guy, who has sex with a girl that 100% has herpes. Although I'm not sure, I believe the virus had been transmitted to all of the people involved. After my ex had sex with the girl who potentially has herpes, I slept with him (this may have been close to a month after they had sex). When I had sex with him after he slept with her, it was unprotected and I had noticed a small sore on his penis that was bleeding after we had sex. He insisted it was nothing to worry about that he thought it was a pimple... He had also lied to me (which I found out later) and said he got tested after her and that his results came back clean so i thought I had nothing to worry about. A couple months passed and I had no symptoms and I even got checked for herpes and my blood test came back negative for both types of herpes. I was so relieved. I assumed he was clean so a couple months after my test I had sex with him again, this time we used a condom. 4 days after we had sex (with the condom) I noticed an intense burning sensation and a tear on my labia above my clitoris (clitoris hood). The sore itself wasn't painful to touch but the burning sensation continued. I have been emotionally exhausted having anxiety over if I have it or if I don't, eventually I went to my gyno and they did a full exam and a culture on a swab from the sore above my clitoris, all the results came back NEGATIVE! I thought I'd be relieved but the doctor couldn't give any explanation for the burning that was always there... Still paranoid, I was trying to find the source to my pain and took a flash video of my vagina trying to see if there's anything that they could've missed. After watching the video I noticed a red patch with fluid filled "bubbles"/pimple looking-blisters right before my vagina hole that hurt to the touch. The doctor is making me feel like I'm crazy- she's telling me I don't need to come back in. But part of me feels like she didn't take a deep enough look and that the sore she did swab-had nothing to do with my outbreak. I'm so suicidal and my self esteem is at an ALL TIME LOW, I just want to know if I didn't get herpes the first time we had unprotected sex is a good indicator that he's clean or if I still have a good chance of having it even after all the tests and the use of a condom? I physically feel sick from my anxiety and I simply can't focus on anything else but the possibility of me having herpes. I don't know what to do or what to think. Please help me, I don't know how much longer I can deal with the pain.

On 21/11/2017 at 5:16 AM, breakingdown said:

I physically feel sick from my anxiety and I simply can't focus on anything else but the possibility of me having herpes. I don't know what to do or what to think. Please help me, I don't know how much longer I can deal with the pain.

Just take it easy. If you have herpes it is for life, but so it is CMV, Epstein Barr, Varicella Zoster, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, except taking antivirals to reduce the symptoms. Would you be suicidal if you had shingles

Take another blood test in a couple of months, blood tests can turn out negative in the first 3 months after infection so you could have gotten it 2 months ago. If you got it now, it is a good omen you had such a mild primary OB.

If you still have the 'blister patch' you described go to either Planned Parenthood or a walk in clinic and ask for a Herpes swab. That will clear up this issue pretty quickly. 

I will say that so far your test results definitely lean more towards other sources for the discomfort. But until you get these blisters you are talking about swabbed it's a bit vague.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• Lolahernandez13579
      By Lolahernandez13579
      Hi! Me again, I wanted to ask a few more questions and hope you take the time to read and help me.
      So Ive been sleeping with the same boy since September. He’s the only boy I’ve ever had unprotected sex with, I went to get checked and I’m clear for everything but herpes as it is not in the regular check. Once I found this out I then developed this obsession, I would spend at least four hours a day looking at photos online and my vagina, comparing my vagina to anything, with any spot I had, any piece of dry skin, any itch, I immediately thought it was down to that. 

I’ve had a doctor tell me I’ve convinced myself I have it even though there’s nothing wrong and even considered I should speak to a psychologist (bad I know)
      I have had the doctors check photos (due to covid) at least 10 times now and they’ve all given me explanations (fordyce spots, heat rash, etc) but I can’t seem to stop worrying. 

We’ve not had sex since November and I’m only panicking about every little thing since February because I noticed a patch of skin which ended up being decoloration. 

None of the stuff I’ve had have never looked like blisters but then again sometimes this happens.

I recently made myself so ill with stress, I collapsed and spent the day in A&E, I got loads of tests done and they found no infection in my blood (which is a good sign right?). He told me there was no elevated white blood cells and everything looked healthy.
      The most recent I’ve had red around my vagina, sometimes it’s like dry skin, the doctors are testing for bacterial or fungal infections and if it’s unknown I’m getting a referral to a gynaecologist. I’ve swabbed the area and get back my results on Friday or Monday.
      but again they told me it does not look like herpes or anything to be concerned about.
      do you think this is a psychological thing? Am I stressing myself out about nothing? The doctors have told me I’ve nothing to worry about but I have severe anxiety so it’s all I do lol. Please give me your opinions 
      note the boy I’m with has also been tested and was negative for everything. He’s not my boyfriend yet which is why I don’t want to talk to him about this, which is why I’m here, I’m suppose to see him Sunday, but I wanted you guys opinion first! 

the only symptoms I’ve really had is tingling, but I’ve read that could be due to stress. I’ve had back pain but I always have that. No swollen lypo glands, no ulcers or blisters, I’m itchy now and again but it’s usually after I’ve been working and sweating.
      PLEASE HELP ME
    • schnauzerlover
      By schnauzerlover
      I was diagnosed 5 years ago hsv2+ by blood test. I requested the test because of constant vulvar and hip pain. 
      I was prescribed 1g valacyclovir daily for suppression, no relief.
      I have prodrome symptoms that last for weeks even months at a time, burning, itching, tingling in my labia and perineum area as well as joint pain in my right hip. I have to date, never had any kind of visible outbreak. I'm currently on day 6 of another "flare up" and went to my NP for a visual check, positive for yeast and bacteria in urine, being treated with antibiotic and diflucan.  Still no visible signs of anything, no redness, swelling, patches, bumps or blisters, my vagina looks completely normal. 
      Is this "normal" for most women or could it be something else? I'm miserable,
      Correction, I looked back at my journal and these symptoms started to flare on 12/28 after antibiotics for Covid, it calmed down for about a week and then started again and has progressed to absolute misery. I am currently on day 3 of Bactrim and 2nd diflucan, which hasn’t helped the yeast symptoms, I’m wondering if it is yeast at all though the swab was positive. My labia is still very irritated and dry with redness today and almost a scale like appearance which is new. I have no pain when urinating or showering/shaving, still no visible bumps, lumps or rashes. I think some of my irritation could be from my nails and all the self exams and pulling of labia to look for changes.
      I call these “flare ups” because I have not felt “normal” since this started 5 years ago, it started out feeling like a yeast infection and has continued since. I had a Rheo injection into the pudendal nerve 6 weeks ago hoping to get some form of relief but so far it has not.
    • anna_
      By anna_
      Hi everyone,
      I have oral and genital HSV1, diagnosed a little over a year ago. I am wondering, does anyone else get oral outbreaks that are primarily inside your mouth and not on your lips? When I get oral outbreaks, mine usually don't come with cold sores around my lips. The sores are only inside my mouth, usually on my gums, and they're pretty painful and annoying, as they get in the way of eating and brushing my teeth. This doesn't seem like a super common presentation of HSV1 because I can't find a ton of info about it online, but I know I'm not the only person whose oral HSV presents this way and I know they're not canker sores. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this and has any tips on how they deal with it. In particular, would love to know if anyone has any good tips for something that reduces the pain while you're waiting for the Valtrex to do its thing
      Thanks!
    • JeffBridges
      By JeffBridges
      I’ve made some posts earlier this month on my presumptive status.
      I was tested 12 days since the initial exposure. The test results are back...
      HSV 1/2 IgG Aby-HSV1 IgG, Type Spec <0.91 (0.00-0.90 index)
      HSV 1/2 IgG Aby-HSV2 IgG, Type Spec  = 1.27 (0.00-0.90 index)
      HSV 2 IgG Supplemental Test-HSV-2, IgG Supplemental Test = Negative

All other stds came back negative. On the 10th day, white stinging cloudy discharge came out of the tip of my penis. 
      It still hurts to urinate, but not as intensely. What looks like “contact dermatitis” on the head of my penis but the bumps are sparsely patched and not filled with pus. On the day of my test, I was given 2 acyclovir and I felt like the symptoms went away for a few days.
      No visible lesions and the culture came back negative.
      But still, I was told to get retested 30 days from initial exposure (so July 18th). 

I will get retested, but from the description provided above, what are the odds that the First test results are accurate and that I do have HSV2?
    • JeffBridges
      By JeffBridges
      Hi,
      After getting tested for hsv2, my results were “indeterminate” and I was negative for all other diseases. I had protected sex ~20 days ago. Just a few days ago, these bumps appeared on my chin and over the course of 2 days have disappeared. Are these herpes?
      thank you in advance

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      @CHT my comments regarding your race and socio-economic status are not rude, sounds like they were accurate. I just want you to be aware that there is unconscious bias in your comments based on your perspective. Yes I stand by my comments that the US healthcare system is shameful. If that loses integrity in your eyes, then that is where you sit relative to the healthcare system and my public health philosophies. There is nothing shameful about expressing ones philosophies. Have I been antagonistic in the way I have expressed these things. Yes I have and I apologise for that. I think overall I was pretty shocked that you believed that the majority of infections were asymptomatic for the receiver. Your personal experience was quite the opposite and I admit I was perplexed why you didn't share your personal experience with someone who really wanted to hear a story of a true genital infection.
    • CHT
      "talking up the chances of infection"  What? Wilson, you are now making up dialogue that never occurred.  He asked about testing and when symptoms might manifest.... I answered his questions and then asked why he felt he may be infected?  You need to go back and read over the actual messages.... never once did I "talk up the chance of infection."  You have done a poor job of reading between the lines of my messages back to "Dumbass."  I suggested he may want to meet with a doctor to discuss his situation with the goal of alleviating his concerns about infection particularly since the little bit of information he provided would likely indicate he had a low chance of infection in my opinion.... hearing it from a medical professional, especially with testing, would help confirm this and give him peace of mind.   Wilson, what really surprises me is your last paragraph.  I have read many of your posts on this website over the last couple of years and have always held your opinions in high regard.... always well informed and you never resort to petty insults and bullying even when challenged.  However, your snide speculations about my race and socio-economic status are rude, unnecessary and clearly antagonistic.  Further, your remarks about the healthcare system in the US were clearly hostile, not to mention showing a gross ignorance of how healthcare works here.  Your statements were shameful.... lost integrity.    
    • WilsoInAus
      I'm sorry @CHT you did not give the full information. The chances are not high they will not have recognisable symptoms. And if they do not have recognisable symptoms, then what is the point of going to a doctor for a swab? It is your obligation to tell people their chances and they how arrive at the correct diagnosis through available tests. Are you aware of the psychological harm that you have probably caused by talking up the chance of infection. You didn't say that there would be 50% plus chance that the person did not have HSV-2 in the first place and that the episode was less than a 1 in 1,000 chance. What happened to those odds? What role do they play when you are interpreting symptoms or their absence? In life, you support someone by saying what they NEED to hear and not WHAT you know or want to say. Further, let me guess, white middle class? The bulk of the population cannot afford nor are granted access to health care in your country. Must be nice to be able to afford a clinical evaluation, but let's spare a though for those who can't afford that. All they can do is go with the odds and they are perfectly entitled to do that in their circumstances
    • ZealousidealAide7
      I know that it is not contagious, if that helps 
    • CHT
      "Simply because people think they are asymptomatic doesn't mean they are. When they go to a doctor for education and consciously on the lookout, there is a very high probability if they are infected they will find something." Absolutely true, no argument on the study you reference.  I am also aware of the clinical studies that have demonstrated that those who self-reported as "asymptomatic" when evaluated by medical professionals are made aware that they they aren't actually asymptomatic.  However, going back to the original question at hand as to whether those who are infected demonstrate recognizable symptoms, the answer is still (as per CDC, WHO, and other reliable sources):"Most individuals infected with HSV are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms that go unnoticed or are mistaken for another skin condition"   So, when someone comes to this site seeking advice and help when they suspect they are newly infected, we have an obligation to point out, as I did in this situation, that the chances are high that they may not have symptoms, or recognize any symptoms,  so, waiting to observe the classic symptoms (that they will no doubt look up online and find all sorts of photos showing "this is what a herpes outbreak looks like") will likely not detect those symptoms.... but, it does not mean they do not have the virus.  Obviously, most infected individuals won't have the benefit of weeks of clinical observation/testing to help them identify easily misidentified (or asymptomatic) symptoms..... these infected individuals will then move along thinking "I dodged the herpes bullet" and quite easily and unknowingly pass the virus on to others.  This occurs frequently when a person who does test positive confronts the person they believe gave them the "gift" and this gift-giver" vehemently denies having the virus since they have never had symptoms of herpes..... (which, again, is very likely as the CDC and WHO clearly point out).  Again, in the unlikely event this person were to enter into a clinical evaluation (as you referenced above), including testing/swabbing, they may find out otherwise.  This fact is one of the main reasons the virus continues to get passed along to others and the percentages of people becoming infected (particularly younger aged population) continues to increase. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.