World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Cas9
      Yes, that was earlier on in 2016. If you watched the friggin video, you would see that they've advanced this research. But seriously, I'm done discussing this with you. Anyone who sees a paper from a highly reputable research team from 2016, but then refuses to to watch their latest results is not worth anymore time. Just an FYI buddy boy; They have now successfully removed 90% of the latent virus from one ganglion and 50% from another. Dr. Jerome's presentation explains it all. But make sure you don't click that link and watch the video; you may go blind.
    • ViralResearcher
      Delusional idiot. You ask for proof I give it to you on a silver platter then you try to dismiss entirely without even reading the study it by stating well there's a ton of research that proves that study wrong without citing even one study that directly looks at herpes in human neurons. As far as the study I posted.   "Case subjects were carefully chosen to include only those in which a definitive diagnosis of specific viral infection had been previously confirmed by culture, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), or detection of viral antigen in brain tissue."   The ages of those with HSV were "19 months, 8 years, 12 years, 17 years, 19 years, and 66 years." So only one of them was in advanced ages as you tried to suggest otherwise. Most of them were youth. "Results Apoptosis in HSE in association with productive viral infection. We evaluated 7 patients with acute HSE. Six (86%) of 7 had clear evidence of neuronal and glial apoptosis, as demonstrated by TUNEL and/or activated caspase-3 staining (table 2), with a high degree of congruity noted using both apoptosis detection methods. Apoptotic cells were unequivocally identified as neurons or glia by morphologic characteristics. Neurons made up a larger proportion of apoptotic cells, compared with glial cells. Apoptotic cells did not exhibit late morphologic features of apoptosis (nuclear condensation, margination, or pyknosis), suggesting apoptosis was detected at a relatively early stage at the time that tissues were obtained. Apoptotic cells were restricted predominantly to areas of productive viral infection and did not occur as a widespread, nonspecific process in histologically or virologically uninvolved areas within the same tissue section. Apoptotic neurons and glia were detected in acutely infected patients in regions of disrupted CNS tissue bearing HSV antigen, as measured by TUNEL (figure 1A–C) and/or activated caspase-3 (table 2)."   "..the presence and degree of apoptosis did not correlate with the presence or magnitude of inflammatory response, indicating that apoptosis is a direct consequence of viral injury, rather than a secondary effect of virus-induced inflammatory responses. Our findings imply that apoptotic neuronal death is an important component of CNS injury and destruction in the acute phase of infection of patients with viral CNS infection"  
    • WilsoInAus
      Oh dear, well that's destroyed the thread... and displays you know nothing about the topic. Good luck.
    • iFdUp
      I personally do not believe that HSV 529 will prove effective enough.  The figures that were published only documented a 4x rise in antibody titers.  4x what? 4x what the average HSV negative individual has? We didn't get the specific details as far as I am aware, not that can be found outside of a scientific journal pay wall. Those statements to me do not sound like an effective vaccine. Those are just my impressions, however. Take them with a grain of salt. 
    • ViralResearcher
Sign in to follow this  
ouch

Jessica Alba and herpes...

ouch

I just happened to catch this, not even looking for anything remotely herpes related. But it caught my eye, and since we are talking about the S word (stigmas) and newbies who feel bad/dirty/whatever adjective you would like to add there, I thought I would post this to once again point out, that NOBODY is exempt from contracting herpes, not even hot, FHM favorite actresses. I feel bad that famous people are now getting sussed out by well meaning so-called friends, but whatever. If it is true, then so be it. If not, then this alleged friend is a turd. But here is the article.

Home > A&E > Celebrity news

Jessica Alba herpes claim

August 10, 2007

(BANG) - Jessica Alba caught herpes from an ex-boyfriend, it has been claimed.

Globe Living/Arts stories |

A&E section |

Latest entertainment news |

Globe front page |

Boston.com

Sign up for: Globe Headlines e-mail | Breaking News Alerts The 'Fantastic Four' star - recently voted FHM's Sexiest Woman Alive 2007 - previously dated New York Yankees baseball star Derek Jeter and during their relationship she allegedly contracted the sexually transmitted disease.

A source who worked as Jessica's assistant at the time claims they had to replenish her Valtrex prescription - a treatment for genital herpes - on a regular basis, according to website L.A. Rag Mag.

Jeter has also dated Mariah Carey, Vanessa Minnillo and most recently Justin Timberlake's new girlfriend Jessica Biel.

Seventy per cent of herpes spreading is said to happen when there is no sign of infection, according to a US STD awareness campaign.

Jessica, 26, recently split from lover Cash Warren because he wouldn't marry her.

The 'Sin City' actress, who reportedly called time on their two-and-a-half year romance during an emotional telephone conversation last month, grew tired of waiting for the movie producer to propose.

A source said: "He wasn't ready for marriage, and Jessica is. It's as simple as that. It's kind of cold that people are saying she has just finished with him, because it isn't like that."

The pair met on the set of the first 'Fantastic Four' film in 2005, in which Jessica starred and Cash worked as a director's assistant.

catiesmom

I like how the majority of the article doesn't even focus on Herpes. It's just "hey, she apparently has herpes, and we think she got it from Jeter who might have given it to this person and this person. Oh, and did you know about her and Cash!!!!" It's not "jessica alba is DIRTY!!!!! and GROSSS!!!!!"

herpesharmony

I'm sure a lot of celebrity's has herpes. I know Robin Williams does because an ex girlfriend sued him for it. If the stats are right then one out of four celebrity's has herpes.

grimca

yeah michael vick, tony bennett, david hasselhoff, anne heche, billy idol, bill clinton, robin williams, justin, walin, Jason Kidd,Fred Durst,Joshua Jackson,Colin Farrell,Lauren Hutton,Sheryl Crow,Pamela Anderson,Lucie Arnaz,Janet Jackson (per her prescriptions list on SmokingGun.com),

Tawny Kitaen (per her prescriptions list on SmokingGun.com),Britney Spears (seen buying Zovirax),Alyssa Milano,Kristanna Loken,Joumana Kidd, all have herpes no exception

ouch

the reason why I post these things, is not to so much "Rat out" famous people ( this is already speculated or public knowledge, I would never TELL on somebody that I knew had herpes and didn't want people to know) ....it is to show people, especially the newbies, that NOBODY is exempt from contracting the virus. No matter how famous (or infamous) how rich, how hot and gorgeous, how funny...herpes is an equal oppurtunity virus. The only difference is that rich and famous people might have more access to various forms of treatment, and might be more able to afford certain medications than us average joes and janes. But otherwise...we are ALL succepitble.

kurious
yeah michael vick, tony bennett, david hasselhoff, anne heche, billy idol, bill clinton, robin williams, justin, walin, Jason Kidd,Fred Durst,Joshua Jackson,Colin Farrell,Lauren Hutton,Sheryl Crow,Pamela Anderson,Lucie Arnaz,Janet Jackson (per her prescriptions list on SmokingGun.com),

Tawny Kitaen (per her prescriptions list on SmokingGun.com),Britney Spears (seen buying Zovirax),Alyssa Milano,Kristanna Loken,Joumana Kidd, all have herpes no exception

Damn I had no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

livelaughlove

Paris Hilton too...you can actually do searches on google and find articles on that...sorry i had to see it for myself when i heard about it.

Herpes Awareness

buying Zovirax (britney spears) could just be HSV-1, ordinary oral cold sores, which 80% of the population have antibodies to, i.e. are infected.

still not pleasant, especially in the case of genital infection, but extremely common. Unless she was buying it for someone else, not so likely.

tothefuture

Herpes Awareness - I'm not sure what you mean in your post.

Are you making a distinction between type 1 and 2?

amo013

It's so crazy how herpes is so common, but so hush hush. Lately, when I'm out at the store, or the bar, or around a group of friends of friends and whatnot, I can't help but wonder..How many of these people are walking around with herpes and are so ashamed. Here I am right next to you and we both have herpes but neither one of us will ever know.

Herpes Awareness
Herpes Awareness - I'm not sure what you mean in your post.

Are you making a distinction between type 1 and 2?

Yes. HSV-1 infects about 80% of the popn, usually around the mouth, whereas HSV-2 infects only about 22% of the adult population, often genitally, and I think is psychologically a lot more severe. In countries other than the US, it's only say 12% across the population.

tothefuture

Herpes Awareness - the reason why genital coldsores are psychologically more difficult to live with than oral coldsores, is due to the stigma it carries.

Your post perpetuates this stigma - and with a username like Herpes Awareness, I would expect more insight.

"could just be HSV-1, ordinary oral cold sores"

This gives the message that genital coldsores are worse than oral coldsores.

I have a friend who has type 1 coldsores genitally. Now, does she fall into the category of 'just' having 'ordinary' coldsores, with the added bonus that they are hidden from view.

Or does she not 'just' have 'ordinary' coldsores, with the implication that she must therefore have something much worse? Errr, yuk.

Stigma, stigma, stigma.

ouch

yeah, I have to say, there is NOTHING "ordinary" about cold sores....other than SO MANY PEOPLE have them! In some ways Herpes Simplex 1 (coldsores) are WORSE because when you have an outbreak, EVERYBODY can see it. Unlike Genital herpes, which we can HIDE (yay for small favors, eh!?!)

I am "blessed" with both. I have gotten cold sores since I was a kid. Probably a relative gave it to me, or sharing a spoon of icecream with a neighborhood pal...who knows!?!? I use to get these MONSTER sized coldsores as a kid. they were embarrassing but we just dealt with it. I didn't even KNOW it was herpes then...I just thought it was a coldsore. (something unrelated)!

If only herpes simplex 2 could be "just a coldsore".

BUT even so...these "coldsores" are contagious, they DO affect different people in different ways and we MUST be careful with them, regardless.

I am SURE people like Britney and Lindsay and Paris and who knows who else in Hollyweird DO have coldsores, as they are all swappin' spit with one another via making out with and sharing similar partners. And it is very likely many of them also have GHSV2. For the same aforementioned reason. There seems to be a core group of young hollyweird types who are NOT using much discretion OR their brains.

Dakota Blue

Although it is semi-comforting to know that famous people have this disease too. Honestly its not very helpful... Ill care more when these celebrities use their influence to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT and speak out... help persuade ppl to search for a cure or help break the stereo types... untill then F it

abraxas
It's so crazy how herpes is so common, but so hush hush. Lately, when I'm out at the store, or the bar, or around a group of friends of friends and whatnot, I can't help but wonder..How many of these people are walking around with herpes and are so ashamed. Here I am right next to you and we both have herpes but neither one of us will ever know.

I do that all the time too. Like... ALL THE TIME. Everywhere I go I am chanting in my head "1 in 5, 1 in 5, 1 in 5, 1in5,1in5,1in5,1in5ewhtkjrhgertheq;otiht435u34qoi34nth" and doing the math.

VVK

Would writing to Jessica Alba get her to think about raising herpes awareness? And any other celebrities that have this? Seriously, they could do some real good for a change...

HG08

I actually read about this the other day and it kind of made me feel better. (Hope that doesn't make me sound like an ass) But it made me realize that it this virus doen't car who you are, and that I shouldn't feel dirty or anything else for that matter because it happens to the best of us.

ouch

I was recently listening to a replay of an older Howard Stern show from like...1999 I think, and it had Sandra Bernhard on it (the comedienne...use to run around with Madonna).

Anyways, she admitted in an article AND on his show that she has had herpes for 20years and that is why she had a csection when she had her daughter. And her attitude was AMAZINGLY RAD and AMAZINGLY cool about it!!! I am surprized that a ballsy old broad like her HAS NOT become more of an outspoken advocate for herpes sufferes. But perhaps she also didn't feel like being the poster child of herpes....bigger issues to conquer and all.

But man, it was a refreshing (and funny interview.)

Perhaps I shouldn't get some mild relief or strange comfort in knowing others, especially the rich and/or famous, have herpes, but it DOES make us ALL seem more human and nobody is infalliable or safe from contracting these sort of viruses.

I wish herpes was eradicated altogher. But...well, THAT is another post.... ;-)