Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Jay2255

Bad first OB = always recurrent?

Jay2255

I you have a bad first outbreak (no blisters but all the other symptoms and strong dizziness and hand movement) for over 3 weeks does that mean you will necessarily always get OB like this in the future?

WannaCry

You have not had an OB. OBs involve lesions, either of the blister or papercut form. You have had none of this occur. At all. You have had massive anxiety induced symptoms that are not exclusive to HSV.

Advertisement

Jay2255

I appreciate your response and wish that was/is the case (still no lab results). I am calm and understand what the situation may be my symptoms still today are:

1. Face nerves stiff and around eyes.

2. Legs and feet tingling/burning.

3. Hands and fingers stiff.

4. Pain in penis (urethra). No discharge and was negative for bacterial (chlamydia, ghonerea).

5. Tinging under scrotum to rectum.

6. Quite dizzy and foggy feeling.

7. A ganglia cyst appeared on my pinky (subdermal). Likely not related but strange as I’ve never seen they before.

It is frustrating as I am not showing any blisters (not complaining) so I am immediately dismissed. So then what is this? I cannot what else it could possibly be.

But this is off course from my original question.

Edited by Jay2255

Scooby2112
    8 minutes ago, WannaCry said:

You have not had an OB. OBs involve lesions, either of the blister or papercut form. You have had none of this occur. At all. You have had massive anxiety induced symptoms that are not exclusive to HSV.

There are those that can have no typical outbreaks but I agree that the breadth of your symtoms do not indicate HSV.  

If you get symtoms (especially on a primary outbreak) you should get blisters   at the samwrite.  

fallin

Look I never got blisters. Just bad pain in urethra with tingling. Lasted many weeks. Yes it worsened over time to a different pain. 

Jay2255

I am also having mild-moderate urethra pain at the moment.

Advertisement

Jay2255
    36 minutes ago, fallin said:

Look I never got blisters. Just bad pain in urethra with tingling. Lasted many weeks. Yes it worsened over time to a different pain. 

And now? After your first OB did it reoccur often?

Jay2255
    1 minute ago, fallin said:

Not a typical on but skin rashes yes. 

Do you take AV’s?

what about other symptoms (fatigue, nausea, etc)?

Divon

This is a guess rather than science but it seems that after a first bad OB the virus might replicate enough to stay active for quite a while. When thats the case I believe that the antibodies need to manage to fight off the virus from the skin 100% before it starts to calm down. Otherwise it just sends reinforcements before you manage to finish off the old wave.

Scooby2112
    On 12/4/2017 at 4:19 AM, fallin said:

So then you tested via a urethral swab? Or blood test? 1 or 2?