Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Sign in to follow this  
Tans

I just found out I have Hsv-2

Tans

Hello everyone,

i just found out a few hours ago that I have hsv2. I am completely devastated and feel so alone and lost. I’m struggling really hard to focus on all my work as I am a college student entering finals period and I don’t know what to do. I am so afraid about how this will affect my dating life as I am recently single and finally enjoying sex and exploring myself through it, and how I’ll ever find someone who will accept me and not judge me. I wish I could articulate my feelings more but I am just so overwhelmed by this.

Imlostandneedhelp

Hi there, im sorry to hear know that you got contracted with hsv2 but trust me, its nt end of the world. You are who you are and there is ntg wrong. Life may nt be the same anymore but it will be better still. I was tested with hsv positive last week but my partner give me her full support and we vow to face this together till the end of our life. There is still true love out thr, someone who will love you for who you are. Stay strong

Advertisement

happypath

Hi, I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago and went through a rough patch as well. Hang in there, you will soon understand that it is very common (it is), and most people will not mind it. If people are going to reject you based on a skin condition (that a significant portion of the population carries in one form or another - most don't know their H status), you are better off without them. Nothing has changed. You can still do everything you did before the diagnosis. Your studies, meeting up with friends, hobbies etc. Face future dating/encounters as and when it happens. Disclose it confidently and accept the outcomes (easier said than done, I know), but trust me, you will come out of this stronger, more in love with yourself and kind to yourself (they say the greatest lovers are the ones who can love themselves or something? so here's the time to practice that). 

Take care sweety. Think of it as many other virus's that live in our bodies (Ex: influenza, flu, chicken pox/herpes zoster etc). It's a skin issue and don't give it any more significance than that. I know, we all have grown up with this social drama, but once you let go of it you will be free. Big hugs x

Micah

It is a neuron infection that affects the skin. It's not a skin condition. It's more complicated than that. You will have to take precautions now with partners and if you want children you'll talk to a Dr about it and he'll monitor it so your baby isn't born with it. It's not gonna kill you but things will change. Many people are on this forum and you'll find support. 

BeautyLover321

The first few hours after I received the news were the hardest...but it does get easier. You'll learn to cope. My experience with OBs has been great, I only had 2 (2nd one cleared in 2-3 days), and none ever since. I got sick a few times, get my period, stressed alot, have no diet in place, etc etc. So the actual OBs never bothered me. However, I do have alot of vaginal irritation that the doctor can't tell me for sure what the cause is. I've done many other tests and it only started after HSV (so I suspect it's HSV). It really affects everyone differently. Honestly, I tell myself these things to cope:

a) I think there may be at least a functional cure in the near(ish) future

b) if i can control my OBs , I'm really unlikely to spread it to anyone else (especially because it's harder for females to transmit than males)

c) some people get diagnosed, never get OBs again and have negative blood work a few years later...no one can explain it, and I understand that it's rare...but if your blood can't detect it after so many years and you never have OBs...then, do you really still have it???? this could be the case with you, it's happened to people (I know it's rare and makes no sense, but it's how I cope with it)...I mean people with HPV get the infection and then it just clears up in a few years so..

d) with time, your symptoms will likely go away more and more - you might be so lucky that you forget you even have it

Idk...these are just things I tell myself, I stay in my own head alot because I don't talk about this with anyone...so I have time to think of these things over and over. Listen, you may not want to hear this right now, but believe me..it could be alot worse. You feel terrible now but once you go months and find your own way to cope with it, you'll see, it likely won't have a huge impact on your life. I would focus on staying healthy (because that reduces OBs) and doing things that provide you mental relief. I am so sorry for your diagnosis, and mine... but it could always be worse. 

Edited by BeautyLover321

Trundling_along

It will change your dating life a bit - I find I have to take things slower to get to know the person better before we get intimate. But if you are a little selective with who you disclose to, and you are completely open and honest, most people will accept you. I find a lot of people don't really know much about hsv... so explaining it to them helps them understand.

Advertisement

Tans
    On 12/5/2017 at 5:51 AM, Imlostandneedhelp said:

Hi there, im sorry to hear know that you got contracted with hsv2 but trust me, its nt end of the world. You are who you are and there is ntg wrong. Life may nt be the same anymore but it will be better still. I was tested with hsv positive last week but my partner give me her full support and we vow to face this together till the end of our life. There is still true love out thr, someone who will love you for who you are. Stay strong

Thank you so much for your kind words. It gives me a lot of hope to one day find the kind of love you have. Best of luck to the both of you!

Tans
    On 12/5/2017 at 6:13 AM, happypath said:

Hi, I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago and went through a rough patch as well. Hang in there, you will soon understand that it is very common (it is), and most people will not mind it. If people are going to reject you based on a skin condition (that a significant portion of the population carries in one form or another - most don't know their H status), you are better off without them. Nothing has changed. You can still do everything you did before the diagnosis. Your studies, meeting up with friends, hobbies etc. Face future dating/encounters as and when it happens. Disclose it confidently and accept the outcomes (easier said than done, I know), but trust me, you will come out of this stronger, more in love with yourself and kind to yourself (they say the greatest lovers are the ones who can love themselves or something? so here's the time to practice that). 

Take care sweety. Think of it as many other virus's that live in our bodies (Ex: influenza, flu, chicken pox/herpes zoster etc). It's a skin issue and don't give it any more significance than that. I know, we all have grown up with this social drama, but once you let go of it you will be free. Big hugs x

Thank you so much! There's definitely a lot of work for me in the "self-love" department. Today I've scheduled an appointment to start seeing a therapist, in conjunction to being able to talk to you awesome people,  as I feel it will help a lot. I'm also trying to tell as many people in my circle to give me some normalcy.

I know things will be better some day.

Thank you again for being there with your words of wisdom and encouragement! Take care!

Tans
    On 12/5/2017 at 6:18 PM, BeautyLover321 said:

The first few hours after I received the news were the hardest...but it does get easier. You'll learn to cope. My experience with OBs has been great, I only had 2 (2nd one cleared in 2-3 days), and none ever since. I got sick a few times, get my period, stressed alot, have no diet in place, etc etc. So the actual OBs never bothered me. However, I do have alot of vaginal irritation that the doctor can't tell me for sure what the cause is. I've done many other tests and it only started after HSV (so I suspect it's HSV). It really affects everyone differently. Honestly, I tell myself these things to cope:

a) I think there may be at least a functional cure in the near(ish) future

b) if i can control my OBs , I'm really unlikely to spread it to anyone else (especially because it's harder for females to transmit than males)

c) some people get diagnosed, never get OBs again and have negative blood work a few years later...no one can explain it, and I understand that it's rare...but if your blood can't detect it after so many years and you never have OBs...then, do you really still have it???? this could be the case with you, it's happened to people (I know it's rare and makes no sense, but it's how I cope with it)...I mean people with HPV get the infection and then it just clears up in a few years so..

d) with time, your symptoms will likely go away more and more - you might be so lucky that you forget you even have it

Idk...these are just things I tell myself, I stay in my own head alot because I don't talk about this with anyone...so I have time to think of these things over and over. Listen, you may not want to hear this right now, but believe me..it could be alot worse. You feel terrible now but once you go months and find your own way to cope with it, you'll see, it likely won't have a huge impact on your life. I would focus on staying healthy (because that reduces OBs) and doing things that provide you mental relief. I am so sorry for your diagnosis, and mine... but it could always be worse. 

Hey Beautylover321,

Thank yo ufor sharing your experience and how you cope. I'll make sure to keep these tips with me when I start thinking those "thoughts". I've only had this initial OB which involved a week long flu-like symptoms, followed by itching, discharge, vaginal pain, and red bumps. My Dr. prescribed me with Valtrex, which I have taken for 2 days now. So, I'm trying to be very hopeful in thinking that I won't have frequent OB after this really bad one. In general, besides the stress from school, I'm pretty healthy: I eat well, work out 3-4 days a week, I mean I drink on the weekends, but that's about it. So, I'm hoping I won't experience aggressive OB like I know some can.

Thank you again for your advice, just having other people to talk to just helps so much!

BeautyLover321

Believe me, this forum helps me alot since I don't talk about this with anyone. I am so much unhealthier than you!! LOL, so you have a fair shot. Also, I heard that some people have taken Valtrex during their initial OB and never get one again...I wouldn't be able to speak on that because I've never taken anything for my OBs but kinda wish I did during my initial so that I could see if that's true! Oh well. Best of luck. Reach out if you need to talk!

YoungO

Talk about it. It helps, the longer you dont talk to somebody about it, the harder it will get. After the first time you say to somebody I HAVE HERPES the easier it gets. Do your part, educate people, so the stigma dies. Been six months for me now and day to day it doesnt affect me one bit. My OB's have been little bit of red skin goes in a couple days. We all know the hardest thing is the dating scene, and thats gunna come with practise, the quicker you accept that some will be okay with it and some wont, the better for you. But you will find someone, just be upfront and honest with them and give them some knowledge on the matter. + we're all here routing for each other !!!! LOVE

lizettebehrens

I am very sorry to hear that but believe me Herpes is not that horrible. I was diagnosed 4 years ago and at that moment I felt depressed every day until I met my husband by HerpesSingle.net . It is not just a dating site it’s a home for the people with Herpes where everyone support each other, make new friends and more over inspire each other. We really like the way users use this site for not only to find a date, but to give moral support which makes them a family. Good luck!