Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Chris Taylor

Negative month 1,2,3,4,5 and now results for week 26

Chris Taylor

Month 1 Negative (hsv 2) at 0.2 igg

Month 2 Negative (hsv 1) at 0.7 igg

Month 3 negative (hsv 1) at 0.48 igg

Month 3 negative (hsv 2) at 0.2 igg

Month 3 negative (hsv 1 and 2 igM combined)

Month 4 negative (hsv 1) 0.54

Month 5 negative (hsv 1&2) Pcr cell swab inside urethra , had pain, no blisters , or lesions so thought pain could be a sign of shedding.

Month 5 negative (hsv 1) 0.50 igG

Month 6 [26 weeks] (hsv 1 and 2) both 0.05 done individually 

Done at 4 different clinics, seen 2 dermatologists, 6 different doctors , planned parent hood, sex infection doctor, every one points to no hsv including blood test and pcr swab. 

But why am I still having symptoms? One dermatologist said stress and anxiety. Doctor said irritants like soaps, and others say everything looks normal

I know my body and it feels different, I see my penis and my buddy looks different as well. How is it possible that everthing began to happen 3 days after possible exposure.

I cheated on my gf which I've yet to tell, I'm too embarrassd and ashamed , she kinda knows , she's not stupid. She's kinda hinted but I just deny deny deny. We haven't had sex which I would love to keep it that way till I know I'm std free. I regret everything , wish I could take it all back but I can't, 

WilsoInAus

What's different is that you cheated, nothing more, nothing less.

It is weighing on you heavily. You know what to do to fix all this...

"First, I want you to go to Jedi Temple ... Do what must be done Lord Vader. Do not hesitate."

Advertisement

Chris Taylor

Hope it was that easy to accept and run with it, but it's not that simple. Wish I could accept my results. @WilsoInAus

WilsoInAus

This has nothing to do with simplicity or otherwise, this is choice, your choice!

Are you saying your partner has not had sex in 26 or more weeks? What if one of her needs and desires is to have a fulfilling sex life. How is this fair on her? It isn't just about you.

This has nothing to do with acceptance of results, this is about your lack of courage to do what is right and fair and mature. Don't you think?

Advertisement

Scooby2112
    7 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I'l try it on February if anything. @cracked

Chris.  I think you need to accept this result is final.  

Stress and anxiety can cause significant symtoms.  It can sometimes take 6 months or more to overcome those.  Nd sometimes it creates physical symtoms that start with stress and cause overly tight muscles  that compress nerves.  Release of to much cortisol (stress hormone) can cause over reaction in the nervous system etc. 

Chris Taylor

It's easier said than done though , I wish it was that easy. I remember first reading about having a 90 percent accuracy for hsv 2 at 3 months and even higher and recommended at 6 months. Now that I'm here I can't accept them that easily.

Scooby2112
    9 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

It's easier said than done though , I wish it was that easy. I remember first reading about having a 90 percent accuracy for hsv 2 at 3 months and even higher and recommended at 6 months. Now that I'm here I can't accept them that easily.

Understand I know it is hard to let go and that's why it takes so long.  Continuing to look online however is only going to continue to feed your anxiety and issues.  

Chris Taylor

I kind of stopped that already,  I accept3d the fact that if I have it well I have it and can't do anything about it. Since my previous negative results I've felt less pain,  I don' Google as much like before.  I got a part time job besides my full time so I'll be distracted even more. I hope this helps because when distracted I don't feel symptoms.

@Scooby2112

Chris Taylor

@cracked I took something similar to WB,  twice here in L.A. it's considered the next best thing to WB. High accuracy rates. I tested negative for hsv 2 twice.

WilsoInAus

This is not about acceptance, it is about excusing yourself from telling your partner. By thinking you have an open question on your herpes status you are taking licence not to address your relationship issues.

Puni

dude even i'm in the same situation, 

first i got a positive result IGG for HSV1

now i'm getting negative IGG for HSV1 

i'm very confused, physical symptoms are not stopping.

WannaCry

@cracked A western blot isn’t needed in this situation. With no lesions in 26 weeks and multiple negatives well below the equivocal rate on the HSV IgG test it’s very obvious @Chris Taylor doesn’t have HSV as the root of his current issues. When repeatedly negative with such results the IgG test is 99% correct.

The people on our forum who have had negative blood tests but have HSV have had positive swab tests. Chris did swabbing and had negative results then as well.

Speaking from personal experience anxiety can cause mimicking symptoms which drive anxiety through the roof, causing a Circle of fear, perceived symptoms and more anxiety due to perceived symptoms . And the reason you most likely think your genitals look different is you are paying much much more attention to them than you had previous to your concern of HSV infection. You are going to have to get some kind of help for your anxiety , professional or otherwise to get this under control dude

Chris Taylor

I know,  still hard to believe even if my encounter was protected orally and penetration. My IgG actually went down , so that's good i think. Some symptoms have diminished so I'll just try and stay distracted for a bit longer to see any improvements. Thanks for your input @WannaCry

Puni
    3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Are you on anti virals ? @Puni

not now, i had taken AVs three months back.

Chris Taylor

Also I took all my test at 4 different clinics , I repeated 2 of them in the same place because they seemed more professional. Since they say hsv 1 is missed 1 out of 4 I wanted to try different clinics.

Do you anything from all your readings about index numbers going up or down? The reason for them? You can see my hsv 2 stayed the same for a round 5 months then dropped from 0.2 to 0.05, and my hsv 1 had been high at 0.7 but has gone down monthly and is now at 0.05 as well. @WannaCry @Scooby2112

WannaCry

@Chris Taylor Fluctuations of IgG numbers are Very common. As long as it stays under equivocal it is nothing to be concerned about. The fluctuations have to do with the reagents used in the testing as there is a slight variance allowed for concentrations so the number results will also flux with that. If you had say gone from a 0.05 to a 1.3 that would be reason for concern but steadily dropping numbers without antiviral usage is a positive strong indicator of no HSV infection

Scooby2112

Your values will fluctuate because the test picks up random proteins in the blood that are close enough to stick to the antigen used in the test.  

Prior infections from something like chicken pox are close to HSV1 and HSV2 that they can be picked up.  

This is why the tests have a minimum value for negative above zero.  And why there can be false positives and negatives.  

Even positive people's Igg will fluctuate higher and lower.  Some whose infections are latent can sometimes start showing negative again even though they still have the virus is just not active so the body hasn't produced enough antibodies because they aren't needed.  This also occurs in HIV patients where the antivirals make it so that they can't detect viral copies.  

Edited by Scooby2112

Puni

tests for HSV1

2 weeks after exposure :       +ve IGM  and -ve IGG

3 month test   :   + IGG

4 month test :  Equivocal IGG

5 month test : -ve IGG

6 month test : -ve IGG

@Scooby2112 @WannaCry   any thoughts on my tests ?

i stopped AV three months back.

symtoms:

i'm having constant headaches and pelvic burning and pain. ......no blisters.

3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Are you thinking of taking WB @Puni

no bro, there is WB test available at my place, only ELISA and PCR

Chris Taylor

I once had burning pelvic as well and a shot of cortisone shot took it away. I had it for 2 and a half months.

You should try asking Terri if they Can, this one guy named UK something was the first to get it in the UK. Anything is possible with all these shipping companies,  have you asked ? @Puni

Puni
    3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I once had burning pelvic as well and a shot of cortisone shot took it away. I had it for 2 and a half months.

You should try asking Terri if they Can, this one guy named UK something was the first to get it in the UK. Anything is possible with all these shipping companies,  have you asked ? @Puni

problem is my never pain areas in groin are migrating from scrotum, pelvic , inner thighs randomly every week. 

headache is at back of my head.

i don't thing terri is the right person, even she seems to not believe this unusual symptoms of genital HSV1.