Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Jay2255

How undiagnosed herpes lead to an acquired brain injury

Jay2255

hippiechick88

Meningitis is an extremely fast acting affair. That’s why people die from it. You clearly don’t have meningitis. Don’t post shock articles from unreliable news sources. Yes meningitis exists and people do die from it. Posting it in a forum full of people who have hsv is inconsiderate and foolish. Some people will read and panic due to lack of education. You claim to be educating yourself but you refuse to accept education that doesn’t fit you thinking you have herpes. 

Advertisement

Jay2255

My apologies, but in my reading I came across it and feit would be educational for all to watch for signs. Not knowing what signs to watch for (despite how rare it is) is not a good thing. 

hippiechick88

Well that rules or your neurological symptoms being herpetic. Hope that gains you some relief on those. If it doesn’t it’s fairly obvious your thinking is the problem and not a herpes infection. I am not trying to be unkind, it just seems that frank words are necessary when reason isn’t followed. 

hippiechick88
    4 hours ago, Jay2255 said:

My apologies, but in my reading I came across it and feit would be educational for all to watch for signs. Not knowing what signs to watch for (despite how rare it is) is not a good thing. 

It’s not as if anyone with a herpes infection is about to have meningitis at any time. It has to be a new infection, and again that’s why meningitis is so dangerous. Again please educate yourself. Education does not mean facts with paranoia, stress, and wild assumptions laid over the top of it.

Sanguine108

Posting worst-case scenario, negative issues is actually a major issue in the community and even educating people on it doesn't help prevent it.

If someone exhibited alarmingly troublesome symptoms then they will goto the hospitial, regardless of thinking it's HSV related or not.

People already have enough stress as it is and those that are compulsively researching every minutia don't need another informatic inch to take a psychological mile.

I mean... I could make your head spin with what I've read and conceptually know, but I've chosen to decrease my sensitivity as to what pertinently relevant to people coming to a forum for SUPPORT.

Advertisement

Evaluate

This is one of those things that is rare and can be caused by different viruses other than HSV.  If someone had this they'd know something was wrong because they wouldn't be able to function.

WilsoInAus

I do not think this article is very credible. Meningitis has many, many causes and only a mere fraction of the time it is HSV-1. It is way, way more likely for example to be caused by CMV.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• caliman2345
        By caliman2345
        Hi All,
        Is it possible for a woman to shed asymptomatically from her breasts? 
        What about buttocks (not near the anus)?
        Thanks.
      • Chris1988
        By Chris1988
        We all know that using condoms during vaginal sex will reduce the risk of transmission, but how about the following scenario?   Let's say the female partner unknowingly has herpes HSV-2 and the male partner doesn't. The couple engage in vaginal sex and use a condom. If the female shows absolutely no signs of symptoms while actually going through asymptomatic shedding, then what are the chances of the virus being passed on by direct skin-to-skin from the female's labia majora or minora to the male's groin? Or, from the female's buttocks to the male's groin? These are the only two probable ways I could think of since the male's penis is protected.   Looking forward to hearing from you all. Thanks all in advance.
      • Waitingu
        By Waitingu
        It seems silly to be writing all this out, since I'm 99% sure the results will be HSV+, but I'm still waiting to hear back about my bloodwork. 
        Three days ago I noticed a small whitehead on my labia. There were no traditional warning signs of an OB before this (to be fair, I did have a sore throat in the days before, but a lot of my friends were sick at the same time so I brushed that off), and I'm pretty on top of my business, so I know this thing just popped up overnight. Like an idiot, I squeezed it. Sebum came out, not liquid, not remotely close to liquid. No blood. Like, traditional pimple stuff. I thought little else of it and went along my way to work. At a certain point I went to the bathroom to pee, and apparently my labia had (via my normal mucosa or otherwise) gotten stuck to my underwear, so when I pulled them down it hurt! I'm worried that may have exacerbated the lesion. It's healing now (as normal skin, no crusting) and there has been no oozing, no pain. It's just the one spot.
        Now, the thing that concerns me most is that this happened once before, around seven years ago. A single pimple on the labia, in almost the same place. No pain/irritation, no ooze or crusting. I got tested but was unaware that HSV was not on a normal STD panel, so I thought it was clear, and have been under the same impression for STD checks since. Sounds like a recurrence, though, so there are all these questions now. If I'm HSV+ and this is a recurrence of a virus I contracted at least seven years ago, what will my bloodwork show? It would have to be an accurate positive since this would be an active outbreak, right? It seems like I waited too long for a swab (48 hours is apparently best for accuracy), so I'm just wondering what information I'll even be able to parse out of the bloodwork if this has been in my body for so long.
        Any help is appreciated!
      • Riley23
        By Riley23
        Hello,
        About 3 weeks ago I began my relationship with my new sugar daddy. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and had sex with him before he could get tested. It was unprotected. I asked him shortly after to get tested and I'd do the same. My appointment is this week but lately ive been have been experiencing some pain, burning and itchiness with white/clear discharge(thin). Also, I have some signs of irritation like small white/clear bumps(see pictures) around my vulva and labia. I asked him about his sexual history and he also said he'd gone to be tested recently and he was clean. But now I'm nervous, I have a girlfriend and we have sex pretty often and I don't want to give her a yeast infection but i definitely don't want to give her herpes. Please help. Does it look like a start of an outbreak or am I just being paranoid? Thanks in advance! 

• Keepinganeyeout
        By Keepinganeyeout
        Hey everybody. Pretty new to the forum, spent most of my time thus far just reading through different threads.
        I've got asymptomatic HSV2 and am struggling with the communication side of things. I haven't disclosed to the girl I've recently started dating but am prepping for that conversation. Any guidance is appreciated!
        Also looking for connections in or around Chicago. Strange feeling being late 20s, good career, and fit and all of the sudden the dating /sex scene seems to disappear for a while!

• Trending Now

Create an Account

Our Privacy Policy.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation.