Beautiful Innocence

What is LOve?

Beautiful Innocence

I wake up in good moods but as the day goes by my happiness fades

and all this happened since the day...

You told me you loved me.

And I believed you.

With any doubt, unconditional.

Nothing stood in my way from loving you.

I held you down like any good woman

raised with the right morals.

Knowing life hit you hard early in life,

knowing you weren't perfect,

weren't rich,

had an extra pound here and there.

Yet still I love you regardless and asked only for your

love and honesty,trust and time.

And even when you came up short

I letit slide.

I dealt with the crazy ex-girlfriends,

your childs mother...

And here i sit.

Everyday looking into air.

Right here in this chair, everyday.

Wondering how the hell I got into this mess.

You told me you had an STD.

My world stopped.

It did.

I truly trusted you.

I loved making you happy.

Should I question my love or yours?

I died in your arms when you infected me,

you should've told me!

You should've said something a long time ago!!

You hurt me.

But i still love you.

Like I told you that one night...

Love never dies.

You took the biggest piece of my heart.

When time heals, I'll see you again.

Because I forgive you.

MsLucy

Beautiful, read the last 7 lines of your post to yourself.

You hurt me.

But I still love you.

Like I told you that one night...

Love never dies.

You took the biggest piece of my heart.

When time heals, I'll see you again,

Because I forgive you.

There are two kinds of forgiveness. One allows us to say we forgive, and yet the pain of whatever was inflicted upon us remains, festers, and prevents us from truly healing. It offers no real comfort, nor closure, and yet we, as civil human beings, offer this forgiveness freely to those who harm us, either intentionally or inadvertently. It's expected of us... demanded of us by society, but it's a shallow offering, at best.

True forgiveness means letting go. It means putting completely behind us whatever caused our grief, and moving on, unencumbered by anger or pain. Only when/if you can do that, will you be free to move on.

And yes, sadly, love does die. Sometimes we kill it ourselves with anger and hurt. Sometimes it just fades away. Sometimes we keep it alive longer than we should. Then again, sometimes it does live and thrive forever, if we're willing to nurture it, and nourish it, and give it room to grow. It's like a living thing to be cared for and tended. Forgiveness is like sunlight and water, and it takes generous portions to make love thrive. Anger and blame will shriver love's roots and cause it to wither and die.

Sometimes, when the obstacles are too great, the only thing we can do is to open our hand and let love go. But if you truly believe it's worth holding on to, then it has to start with acceptance that no one is perfect, not even the one you love, and forgiveness for those imperfections and shortcomings.

It takes a strong person to turn your back on hurts done to you, and yet embrace the one who hurt you. It takes commitment, and a promise to yourself that once you've let it go, you'll never look back. But if you can do that, no matter whether, in the end, this love survives or not, you'll be free.

catiesmom

Thanks, Writercll. I know i didn't post, but your response really struck a nerve and helped me rethink some things of my own. You have such a way with words. Thanks.

ItsJustMe

WoW that was beautiful. And made me feel really bad beacause i believe i have genital herpes and am waiting for the phone call whether positive or negative. I am not sure whether i got it out of nowhere or if it was my boyfriend who gave it to me. But if it was me who gave it to him i will be so trully devastated..omg..i dont want to be the one to ruin someones life. I dont want someone telling me they forgive me for what ive dont to them like your poem...Its good that you can forgive the person and move on with your life thanks for posting it. Makes me think...