World's Largest Herpes Support Group
silverdream

Hope this helps someone

silverdream

I was in a store last night and there were a lady and two kids behind me in the LONG line. One was a big kid, one was a toddler. The bigger one had a pack of glowsticks and the baby was screaming for them so the Mom opened the pack and gave him one, which stopped his tears. He walked around with it smiling, but them the bigger boy took it and the baby started screaming again. Just as the Mom was about to fuss at the older child, he bent the glowstick and handed it back to the baby. As we walked outside at the same time, the baby noticed that the stick was now glowing and his brother said: "I had to break it so you could get the full effect from it." I almost ran because l could hear a higher power saying to me, "I had to break you too show you what your purpose is. You had to go through it so you could fulfill your purpose." That little baby was happy just swinging that "unbroken" glowstick around in the air because he didn't understand what it was created to do which was "glow". There are some people who will be lucky just "being" but some of us sadly we have to endure being"broken". We have to get very ill, experience divorce, infidelity, bury our spouse, parents, best friend, or our child because, in those moments of desperation, our higher power is breaking us for whatever reason, but when the breaking is done, then we will be able to see the reason for which we were created and hopefully one day see the purpose of the darkness brought on us, which is to glow.

Quest

If I was a man I wouldn't want my magical glow stick broken! 

Sea Siren
On 12/20/2017 at 10:53 PM, Quest said:

If I was a man I wouldn't want my magical glow stick broken! 

I must be missing something. At 58 years old I have yet to meet a man who's stick was magical and I would be really nervous if it glowed! Lol I do get the point of the story. We are all broken at some point in our lives. It's up to the individual to turn to what helps repair them. We all have our crutch. I ask the universe for strength and guidance. Some turn to an organized religion. I am finding some strong people on this site.

Jane79

You said that you hoped this would help someone. Well, today it helped me.  I've been broken too many times to count. Unlike that glow stick though we get broken over and over again sometimes. But if we allow ourselves to heal from the brokenness; we can light up this dark world.Thank you:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• cracked
      By cracked
      Just goes to show you there's always someone working on something, even if they're not in the limelight of research. This also shows that experimental therapies, vaccines, etc can also be life saving like in this case... and they used a virus to edit the gene!

• Jay2255
      By Jay2255
      SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: HSV virus survives for short periods of time outside the host. It can survive on dry inanimate surfaces (survival ranges from few hours to 8 weeks). They survive longer at lower humidity.
      https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/laboratory-biosafety-biosecurity/pathogen-safety-data-sheets-risk-assessment/herpes-simplex-virus.html   ”A few hours to a few weeks”!  
    • cracked
      By cracked
      Potentially good news? Now that the last missing piece of the puzzle has been found, this could help HSV also get some speedway I’m hoping? 
      Scientists Now Know HIV’s Complete Structure, Clearing Path To Cure
      A recent discovery from the University of Alabama at Birmingham may provide new inroads to combating the HIV-1 virus, the retrovirus that can cause AIDS. Researchers have solved the last unknown protein structure, called the cytoplasmic tail of gp41 protein, of the virus. Thanks to the tireless work of countless researchers, we now know the complete structure of HIV-1 which could provide important insight on how to properly fight the virus, as well as others with similar structure.
      https://futurism.com/scientists-now-know-hivs-complete-structure-clearing-path-to-cure/
    • cracked
      By cracked
      I wonder if more non-human species keep getting affected will that cause more attention to be given to herpes in humans...?
      http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/strain-herpes-killing-pacific-oysters-article-1.3511482
    • unrelentingagony
      By unrelentingagony
      Today, my mom gave the sex talk to my kid sister. 
      She, knowing of my diagnosis, told her that one of her friends has a child with herpes, and it is a very terrible disease and something she has to be wary of and to remember to always be safe, use condoms, know your partner's status, and get tested. 
      Well, that "child" of her "friend" is me. Her other daughter. Her 21-year-old daughter who was either stupid or unlucky enough to have contracted herpes. To have had it destroy the very fiber of her being. To have her spiral into a pit of unrelenting depression, making her incapable of accepting the idea of being with anyone for the rest of her life. 
      My experience has been extremely traumatic. My body is constantly trying to destroy me. Physically providing me with pain, agony, and discomfort I did not previously know possible. 
      Emotionally flooding my head over and over with my inner voice screaming worthless, dirty, disgusting, infectious, a pariah. 
      Therapy has made it so that I no longer cry every day. It has made it so the urges to take my own life are less frequent. I am able to breathe now, and while the breaths are painful, I am no longer suffocating. 
      But small events like these, quick little conversations -- they remind me of the crippling pain I have gone through and am going through. They remind my of my life. They remind me that I'm still falling. 

• Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.