Atypical Symptoms. Let’s compile a list.

4 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Well that is pretty much proof that you do not have herpes, not that it was required of course.

He does since yesterday...:yep:
Can't you tell?

I'm sorry Jay2255, but every time you look over your shoulder the good doctor Wilson is there, keeping tabs.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Runner278

• WilsoInAus

• Jay2255

• blurneworder

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apart from this virus obviously affecting our CNS do you think it could also be inducing some sort of chronic auto immune response.? That would explain the differences and parallels in our symptoms.  

No, this is definitely herpes. Matches symptoms of other suffers on this board. None of this shit happened to me until unprotected sex.  Wilson is a moron who leads users to believe incorrect inf

I am 1 year and 3 weeks post exposure i have spent thousands on doctors with no help, these are my symptoms im left with... 1. Debilitating peripheral neuropathy from my low back to my feet,(horr

6 minutes ago, Jay2255 said:

Well these must all be some bizarre coincidence. Thanks doc,

No problem, it is all part of the amazing service provided by contributors to the website.

No coincidence, stress is the biggest contributor to tinnitus there is. Far from a coincidence at all for you, but I guess you'd have seen this in your research.

Stress manifests itself in physical symptoms, such as tinnitus, such as prostate issues, such as nerve issues...

You'll be cured when your stress levels come down and you have reconciled things with your wife. 

Try to move to this place soon, you're bouncing around like a loose speak plug cable. It is damaging your mental health and your relationship with your wife and family. We all want to see you redirect your energy to the good.

Where is your mind taking you now?

Symptom free until the 3rd month after exposure, IGG negative until the 4th month.

Since the first OB, continuous non-conventional OBs with occasional 1 week breaks; small pimple like or folicullitis like skin lesions anywhere on the internal side of my thighs, sometimes they grow bigger, sometimes more classical pimple like lesions on the buttocks, changes in the mucosa skin of the glans. Brief tingling, burning and needles sensations on the groin or thigh, mainly the right one. Always on AV since the first OB, anything under 250 mg each 6 h is ineffective to control the symptoms, even on that dosage if I slip the next dose more than 1 hour I get a new lesion somewhere.

7 minutes ago, friendlyboy said:

Symptom free until the 3rd month after exposure, IGG negative until the 4th month.

Since the first OB, continuous non-conventional OBs with occasional 1 week breaks; small pimple like or folicullitis like skin lesions anywhere on the internal side of my thighs, sometimes they grow bigger, sometimes more classical pimple like lesions on the buttocks, changes in the mucosa skin of the glans. Brief tingling, burning and needles sensations on the groin or thigh, mainly the right one. Always on AV since the first OB, anything under 250 mg each 6 h is ineffective to control the symptoms, even on that dosage if I slip the next dose more than 1 hour I get a new lesion somewhere.

What AV are you taking and how did you get a prescription without a positive diagnosis?

1 minute ago, Jay2255 said:

What AV are you taking and how did you get a prescription without a positive diagnosis?

Valacyclovir. I got a prescription for my first couple of valacyclovir boxes from a doctor friend, after becoming positive I got them from my GP, now I have an "on demand" prescription, which means I can buy it whenever I need.

5 minutes ago, friendlyboy said:

Valacyclovir. I got a prescription for my first couple of valacyclovir boxes from a doctor friend, after becoming positive I got them from my GP, now I have an "on demand" prescription, which means I can buy it whenever I need.

Good stuff did your friend and GP seem knowledgable about herpes?

Just now, Jay2255 said:

Good stuff did your friend and GP seem knowledgable about herpes?

LOL not at all. My friend gave it to me just because I asked, about my GP I don't know how much she knows about it, she followed the prescription indication from the STD clinic, and gave me the "on demand" prescription after a short while so I didn't have to come back to ask for more.

1 minute ago, friendlyboy said:

LOL not at all. My friend gave it to me just because I asked, about my GP I don't know how much she knows about it, she followed the prescription indication from the STD clinic, and gave me the "on demand" prescription after a short while so I didn't have to come back to ask for more.

It’s so strange that no doctors know anything really in depth about this ailment seeing as it is apparently so common.

Just now, Jay2255 said:

It’s so strange that no doctors know anything really in depth about this ailment seeing as it is apparently so common.

Even the expert dermatologist at the STD clinic insisted I had no herpes because my lesions weren't the classical blisters (and unluckily the day appointed I was lesion free), until the new bloodwork results she ordered came a week later.

4 minutes ago, friendlyboy said:

Even the expert dermatologist at the STD clinic insisted I had no herpes because my lesions weren't the classical blisters (and unluckily the day appointed I was lesion free), until the new bloodwork results she ordered came a week later.

That’s what I’m told. I want to go to a hospital today but I’m sure I’ll just be told the same by their doctors. I feel like I’m in some twilight zone.

3 minutes ago, Jay2255 said:

That’s what I’m told. I want to go to a hospital today but I’m sure I’ll just be told the same by their doctors. I feel like I’m in some twilight zone.

Well, there is no way to hurry it up. You could spend a shitload of money swabbing genital secretions, no guarantee of any returning positive, but blood abs aren't going to change much in a week or two. Perhaps you are not infected (try not to assume you are, you still have no positive proof), or if you are you never have a recurrent OB. One thing I know for sure, hsv requires a lot of patience.

My first symptoms were all flu-like and genital. I was diagnosed (visually) and the doctor swabbed, awaiting results.

im on an antiviral, and I'm 4 days out from the initial symptoms and feeling only minor symptoms, & then BOOM! 

I just started feeling like I needed to clear my Throat or something was there so I looked and I have what appears to be two spots on my tonsil... 

Im now concerned I've gotten both GHSV and OHSV. 

I just was diagnosed on Tuesday. Ugh! Do I need to go back to the doctor, what helps with the oral outbreaks? 

Just when I got a good grip on the idea of having GHSV. 

I was diagnosed in 2009, GHSV2. My GHSV2 outbreaks were extremely rare for the first few years and usually located either on one side of my vagina or on one side of my butt cheek. I’ve had OHSV1 obs pretty much all my life on my upper lip, usually when I had a cold during the winter months or caused by stress.

A couple of years ago I have been getting obs much more frequently, about every 4 to 6 weeks as of late. My life has been much more stressful as well.

Here is a list of my symptoms:

tinnitus

body aches

headaches

neck/shoulder pain

nasal drip

diarrhea

acid reflux

nausea

dizziness

heart palpitations

burping

stomach/intestinal discomfort

fatigue

sleeplessness

burning face, hands

sciatica

tingling/burning/itching in area of subsequent ob

frequent urination

skin pain in certain area of body

low blood sugar episodes

I keep a daily log of my physical symptoms and keep track of the food I eat as well. The only time I have problems with food, especially milk products, is right before an outbreak and maybe 1 or 2 days into the ob. Then I feel fine again. 

Thanks to everyone who is contributing to this forum. I know I am not alone, and it is of great comfort to me.

Edited by AngieS
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 12/14/2017 at 3:56 PM, IcanOvercome said:

My first symptoms were all flu-like and genital. I was diagnosed (visually) and the doctor swabbed, awaiting results.

im on an antiviral, and I'm 4 days out from the initial symptoms and feeling only minor symptoms, & then BOOM! 

I just started feeling like I needed to clear my Throat or something was there so I looked and I have what appears to be two spots on my tonsil... 

Im now concerned I've gotten both GHSV and OHSV. 

I just was diagnosed on Tuesday. Ugh! Do I need to go back to the doctor, what helps with the oral outbreaks? 

Just when I got a good grip on the idea of having GHSV. 

might just be strep which can occur during an OB. I had that too. 

Or maybe it was HSV that I had in my throat too. hard to say. Drs don't know anything.

I ve never had that again during recurrences. Only during first OB

• Like 1
On 12/16/2017 at 11:16 AM, AngieS said:

I was diagnosed in 2009, GHSV2. My GHSV2 outbreaks were extremely rare for the first few years and usually located either on one side of my vagina or on one side of my butt cheek. I’ve had OHSV1 obs pretty much all my life on my upper lip, usually when I had a cold during the winter months or caused by stress.

A couple of years ago I have been getting obs much more frequently, about every 4 to 6 weeks as of late. My life has been much more stressful as well.

tinnitus

body aches

headaches

neck/shoulder pain

nasal drip

diarrhea

acid reflux

nausea

dizziness

heart palpitations

burping

fatigue

sleeplessness

burning face, hands

sciatica

frequent urination

low blood sugar episodes

I keep a daily log of my physical symptoms and keep track of the food I eat as well. The only time I have problems with food, especially milk products, is right before an outbreak and maybe 1 or 2 days into the ob. Then I feel fine again. 

Thanks to everyone who is contributing to this forum. I know I am not alone, and it is of great comfort to me.

Do you take anti virals at all to suppress?

On 12/23/2017 at 7:33 AM, Jay2255 said:

Do you take anti virals at all to suppress?

I'm curious about this as well because I'm getting alot of these symptoms that you speak of...  I cant for the life of me get a proper diagnosis from any doctor.

But I have taken it upon myself to find Vacyclovir and when I take it I feel a helluva lot better.  I will start my own post and my horrific story.

5 minutes ago, SeriousIssues said:

I'm curious about this as well because I'm getting alot of these symptoms that you speak of...  I cant for the life of me get a proper diagnosis from any doctor.

But I have taken it upon myself to find Vacyclovir and when I take it I feel a helluva lot better.  I will start my own post and my horrific story.

Please do

On 12/16/2017 at 11:16 AM, AngieS said:

tinnitus

body aches

headaches

neck/shoulder pain

nasal drip

diarrhea

acid reflux

nausea

dizziness

heart palpitations

burping

fatigue

sleeplessness

burning face, hands

sciatica

frequent urination

low blood sugar episodes

Interesting. According to some on here some of those symptoms have noting to do with Herpes. It surely must be as many sufferers at experiencing it.

I am getting a lot of those issues. It is truly hell. Sorry for your suffering. Do AV’s help?

On 12/15/2017 at 6:16 PM, AngieS said:

tinnitus

body aches

headaches

neck/shoulder pain

nasal drip

diarrhea

acid reflux

nausea

dizziness

heart palpitations

burping

fatigue

sleeplessness

burning face, hands

sciatica

frequent urination

low blood sugar episodes

Out of all of these I have like 3 of them,  and some skin pain , how is your skin pain ? Is it always in the same spot ? And is it painful like a flare up but not hurting to the touch?

I get skin pain probably like twice a month with nothing to show for , no blisters or pimples or anything like that.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:00 AM, Jay2255 said:

Tested negative IGG at 2 and 3 weeks but post exposure. Awaiting IGG and IGM results from 4 weeks post exposure.

symptoms in the weeks following exposure and still on and off fir some:

1. flu like with feverish, chills, fatigue.

2. Nausea.

3. Swollen lymph nodes (groin for a 1-2 days, neck for 2-3 weeks on and off).

4. Weight loss of ~4kg.

5. Urethra discomfort for several days,

6. Penis surface tingling and skin seems different.

7. Tingling feet and hands.

8. Burning/tingling feeling from under scrotum to rectum (even inside to prostate).

9. Hands and legs feel weak.

10. Dizzy and strange headaches at times where I feel not normal, as though I’d take drugs or something.

11. Inside ascending colon having pain there, never previously,

12. Only visible outbreak was a single zit (no cluster of bumps) on my upper thigh 1week post exposure. The doctor looked at it and said “not hsv”. In retrospect I should have demanded the swab for piece of mind instead of now relying on unreliable blood tests.

13. Tingling face and around eyes.

14. Waking up every night around 3-5am due to nausea or other.

15. Had geographic tongue for several days during the first 2 weeks.

16. Feel constipated and passing gas without controlling it (so soon after exposure?).

17. Skin on face feels different.

18. Hand/finger dexterity or motor skills affected.

19. Strange (metallic?) taste in my mouth. How can that b for GHSV?

I have been told by several people online that this is in no way herpes. Also 3 doctors said the same or they didn’t know because no obvious blisters. Spoke to another doctor on the phone today who said no blister means not herpes and he’s never seen an case without blisters.

My assumption is the outbreak is intermal (during urethra pain in the beginning).

Needless to say this is infinitely frustrating, discomforting and depressing, I spend hours a day looking at info and for news of possible cures and therapies.

I’m not yet diagnosed but feel I should be on AV’s because if I do have it the virus must be replicating and spreading.

The seeming lack of knowledge on the part of doctors and paid online experts is troubling. The way they consider an innocuous disease and nothing to be concerned with is also very troubling.

Reqd the hell these people are going through:

https://www.mdjunction.com/forums/genital-herpes-discussions/general-support/10786256-severe-symptoms-genital-herpes

What was your exposure to..oral or unprotected sex?