Atypical Symptoms. Let’s compile a list.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Runner278

• WilsoInAus

• Jay2255

• blurneworder

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apart from this virus obviously affecting our CNS do you think it could also be inducing some sort of chronic auto immune response.? That would explain the differences and parallels in our symptoms.  

No, this is definitely herpes. Matches symptoms of other suffers on this board. None of this shit happened to me until unprotected sex.  Wilson is a moron who leads users to believe incorrect inf

I am 1 year and 3 weeks post exposure i have spent thousands on doctors with no help, these are my symptoms im left with... 1. Debilitating peripheral neuropathy from my low back to my feet,(horr

35 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

@blurneworder they’re in response to you claiming you had genital herpes.

But the charade has gone on long enough. You are not going forwards believing you have herpes. You need to get better, what next?

Except not. You say the same thing about my oral symptoms.

Another horrible attempt to lie. You are a moron.

mconcerned1986

Can u get them swabbed next time? Rather than going thru this struggle bro? We can have definitive answers. 

I tried but my docs said they won’t swab when they don’t have anything to swab. It was damn irritating 

1 hour ago, mconcerned1986 said:

Can u get them swabbed next time? Rather than going thru this struggle bro? We can have definitive answers. 

I tried but my docs said they won’t swab when they don’t have anything to swab. It was damn irritating 

It is beyond reasonable doubt that you were not infected. The only question is what will it take for you to believe it? 

Notice that this thread is derailed constantly by a guy who is not a doctor and has not met any of us.

This thread was extremely useful until Wilson started accusing people of not having herpes. 

I feel bad for new members who see his post count and don't realise a lot of those is him trying to disprove other people's suffering with no medical background or in-person meetings. 

Support is not gas lighting others and then lying about it.

Edited by blurneworder
3 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Notice that this thread is derailed constantly by a guy who is not a doctor not has met any of us.

This thread was extremely useful until Wilson started accusing people of not having herpes. 

This thread was derailed when you started claiming all symptoms up to and including the second coming we’re related to herpes. I mean acne on your back! That’d nearly be funny if it was such a travesty to the principles.

But hang in there mate, believe you don’t have genital herpes... Believe!

The truth is out there. We all know what the truth is. You only have to open your heart and mind.

10 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

But hang in there mate, believe you don’t have genital herpes... Believe!

The truth is out there. We all know what the truth is. You only have to open your heart and mind.

This makes no sense. You sound like a vapid preacher.

Also, HSV can occur on your back. I know you don't know a lot about the virus, but that's why we are here -- to educate you!

The forum moderators have made it consistently clear that they don't care about how out of hand these forums get, especially when you are involved.. I will not back down from your false accusations and bullying.

You will never be a doctor and your internet diagnosis will never have real world implications. 

Edited by blurneworder

@blurneworder so now you have herpes on your back.

You have become an absolute plague for this website. You’re an adult for goodness sake, not some petulant child. Your behaviour is unacceptable for civilised society.

This is the last straw, all your posts will be marked in future. If you think you can disrespect decent people on this website, you have another thing coming.

You haven’t seen anything yet.

mconcerned1986

Guys pls don’t fight, just agree to disagree and stop accusing. It’s all good. 

@blurneworder can u get swabs next time so we can be confident? I met a derm as soon as I saw bumps on face and she told straight away that they r pimples or acne that can show up in chest back and face and hair and she mentioned even before I asked and she confirmed when I showed her what I had so may be paying a visit to a top derm in your area could help ease the concerns that u have on mouth? Just my two cents?

If I keep swabbing negative And I am not taking antiviral and it makes me happy :) 

Edited by mconcerned1986
7 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@blurneworder so now you have herpes on your back.

You have become an absolute plague for this website. You’re an adult for goodness sake, not some petulant child. Your behaviour is unacceptable for civilised society.

This is the last straw, all your posts will be marked in future. If you think you can disrespect decent people on this website, you have another thing coming.

You haven’t seen anything yet.

Nope, never claimed I have it. I tried to describe what was happening and you freaked out.

I ask  questions to see if other people experience what I am asking about. I hardly get replies because you chime in and go into “truth” mode and shout until nobody wants to have a conversation.

There are times when I try to ask questions to get a discussion going and you interrupt constantly. This forum is not about you. You are not a doctor. 

Marking my posts doesn’t scare me. We do the same for yours and nothing happens.

1 hour ago, mconcerned1986 said:

Guys pls don’t fight, just agree to disagree and stop accusing. It’s all good. 

@blurneworder can u get swabs next time so we can be confident? I met a derm as soon as I saw bumps on face and she told straight away that they r pimples or acne that can show up in chest back and face and hair and she mentioned even before I asked and she confirmed when I showed her what I had so may be paying a visit to a top derm in your area could help ease the concerns that u have on mouth? Just my two cents?

If I keep swabbing negative And I am not taking antiviral and it makes me happy :) 

Going to get swabs for every bump is not an option for me at the moment. 

Edited by blurneworder
mconcerned1986
4 hours ago, blurneworder said:

Nope, never claimed I have it. I tried to describe what was happening and you freaked out.

I ask  questions to see if other people experience what I am asking about. I hardly get replies because you chime in and go into “truth” mode and shout until nobody wants to have a conversation.

There are times when I try to ask questions to get a discussion going and you interrupt constantly. This forum is not about you. You are not a doctor. 

Marking my posts doesn’t scare me. We do the same for yours and nothing happens.

Going to get swabs for every bump is not an option for me at the moment. 

Sorry about that I understand there is a lot if financial pressure and I spent well beyond $2000 in the last 1 year so I don’t blame u.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2017 at 9:00 PM, Jay2255 said:

Tested negative IGG at 2 and 3 weeks but post exposure. Awaiting IGG and IGM results from 4 weeks post exposure.

symptoms in the weeks following exposure and still on and off fir some:

1. flu like with feverish, chills, fatigue.

2. Nausea.

3. Swollen lymph nodes (groin for a 1-2 days, neck for 2-3 weeks on and off).

4. Weight loss of ~4kg.

5. Urethra discomfort for several days,

6. Penis surface tingling and skin seems different.

7. Tingling feet and hands.

8. Burning/tingling feeling from under scrotum to rectum (even inside to prostate).

9. Hands and legs feel weak.

10. Dizzy and strange headaches at times where I feel not normal, as though I’d take drugs or something.

11. Inside ascending colon having pain there, never previously,

12. Only visible outbreak was a single zit (no cluster of bumps) on my upper thigh 1week post exposure. The doctor looked at it and said “not hsv”. In retrospect I should have demanded the swab for piece of mind instead of now relying on unreliable blood tests.

13. Tingling face and around eyes.

14. Waking up every night around 3-5am due to nausea or other.

15. Had geographic tongue for several days during the first 2 weeks.

16. Feel constipated and passing gas without controlling it (so soon after exposure?).

17. Skin on face feels different.

18. Hand/finger dexterity or motor skills affected.

19. Strange (metallic?) taste in my mouth. How can that b for GHSV?

I have been told by several people online that this is in no way herpes. Also 3 doctors said the same or they didn’t know because no obvious blisters. Spoke to another doctor on the phone today who said no blister means not herpes and he’s never seen an case without blisters.

My assumption is the outbreak is intermal (during urethra pain in the beginning).

Needless to say this is infinitely frustrating, discomforting and depressing, I spend hours a day looking at info and for news of possible cures and therapies.

I’m not yet diagnosed but feel I should be on AV’s because if I do have it the virus must be replicating and spreading.

The seeming lack of knowledge on the part of doctors and paid online experts is troubling. The way they consider an innocuous disease and nothing to be concerned with is also very troubling.

Reqd the hell these people are going through:

https://www.mdjunction.com/forums/genital-herpes-discussions/general-support/10786256-severe-symptoms-genital-herpes

Hey. Did you get your test results back? What did they say?

This is an interesting topic for me... I was looking for information regarding symptoms - specifically the common reference to "flu-like symptoms". 

What has been difficult for me - and I speak only for myself here, no disrespect intended to ANYONE, I really appreciate this board - is that, I've always been a wee paranoid about me health, and what has been SO TOUGH for me, is the overwhelming challenge of trying to stay calm (yeah, right!) and do my best to differentiate between relevant symptoms vs what's in my head (pun intended). Do to what seems to be a wide variety of symptoms that differ from person to person, combined with the stigma of hsv, for ME, this is a paranoiac's nocturnal emission. 

Four weeks ago, after a weekend of very physical sex, I noticed irritation on the tip of my shroom - dismissed it as a combat wound. 

A few days later - after it didn't subside, upon closer inspection, I noticed what looked like a bump - sometimes it looked like two - sometimes only one. I swear to God every time I looked at it it looked different, but never an open sore/blister - simply "a bump". First GP dismissed it, and concurred with my original assessment - battle wound. 

A week later, it didn't go away. Disappointed with my GP for unrelated reasons, I sought the opinion of another doctor. He also examined me, dismissed it (no real suggestions as to what it WAS - only that he thought it wasn't herpes - "I KIND OF think you're ok", he said. To his credit, he tested me for a wide range of std's including hsv 1/2, hiv, hepatitis, chlamydia, etc. 

In the meantime, I definitely  experienced "flu-like symptoms".... stuffy nose, sore throat, and for the next few nights, I awakened completely drenched in sweat.... certainly can make a case for my immune system responding to a virus. 

However..... the slight congestion and sore throat has been experienced by three co-workers, along with fatigue. While the night sweats concern me, I've experienced that before in my life, all around times of extreme stress. At least one of the nights I experienced it last week, I specifically remember a dream in which I had herpes and was freaking out. 

Returned four days later for results - now I confuse these two all of the time - still learning - but the IGm was negative, the IgG (?) was listed as pending. He THEN examined me AGAIN, and seemed to do a complete about-face, although - from my perspective - the bump didn't look much different. "Yeah, I think so". He had prescribed me anti-virals, as a precautionary on my prior visit. I had taken the anti-virals for 5 days.  

Two days later - the IgG came back negative - the same doctor called me and said "you're negative", and referred me to a urologist. 

Saw the Urologist Aug 2nd. He looked at the bump, and said - "I'm 99.9% sure that is NOT herpes. You MAY have it, hell, I MAY HAVE IT, but THAT is not an outbreak". I was pretty happy, and stopped the anti-virals. 

To celebrate, my girlfriend went down on me and performed oral sex on me - that was six days ago. 

Two days later, a new bump appears on the other side of my guy, right by the opening. Sometimes, upon inspection, it looked as if it was shiny, as if wet, perhaps, maybe it opened and fluid was emitted. Again, every time I look at it, it seems to look different. Sometimes it seems like a single bump, other times it looks like a bump with smaller bumps next to it. 

Interestingly enough - the first bump remains, but the discomfort associated with it has not. 

Overall - my symptoms have been - 
one bump (sometimes looking like two) - irritated. Never an open sore. Herpes? Contact Dermatitis? Combat wound? 

Stuffy nose/sore throat - result of herpes? or am I just another member of my work team experiencing the same summer virus that they are? 

A few nights of severe night sweats Herpes? or anxiety over herpes? 

I can also relate to a general feeling of a slight burning sensation in the scrotum - where I have NOT seen any bumps/lesions etc. BUT, as an active athlete, I have also experienced many cases of jock itch in my day. 

Again, NOT SUGGESTING that we are all a bunch of hypochondriacs - only referring to my own frustration in trying to be calm and systematic in my assessment. It's tough, because every time I fart, a voice in my head said "that's a herpes fart, man...… it sounds different than my normal ones..... no bass, too much treble - something is wrong" 

and I relate so much with the lack of knowledge among doctors. In the short time ive dealt with this, I've experienced that to an astounding degree. 

At press time - my girl has no symptoms. I've disclosed to her my situation in it's entirety, my concerns, symptoms etc. She has been overwhelmingly supportive. 

For these reasons, I am strongly leaning towards seeking Terri Warren's help with a Western Blot. I understand the cost, but I think a definitive answer, negative OR positive, far outweighs the cost. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been almost 6 months now since exposure and on and off been getting all these atypical symptoms which lasts more than a few days.

Nausea especially in the morning, headache (I used have it before but feels different than before), lethargy and diarrhea. 

Nausea is what's most debilitating. It's awful feeling never had it in my life before the diagnosis. Been to doctor several times and tested and no other problems found.

My life has been.. completely changed..

Everyday is my suffering.

I think posts like this can actually put thoughts into people's head and make them think they have herpes especially when it's not an obvious case of herpes. Have you ever googled symptoms of an illness and come to the conclusion that you are dying? I have plenty of times. When I started with my symptoms because I was abroad at the time and had been swimming in a lake,  I thought I had been bitten or something. As more and more bumps appeared I showed my friend. Each day new things were happening like a pain in my leg, flu like symptoms, nausea etc and she was googling without telling me. She actually came to the conclusion that I had herpes and it had never crossed my mind! I was still in denial when I went to get swabbed ( just to rule it out) and burst into tears when they told me it was definitely herpes. I think posts like this can scare alot of people to be honest. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, G77 said:

I think posts like this can actually put thoughts into people's head and make them think they have herpes especially when it's not an obvious case of herpes. Have you ever googled symptoms of an illness and come to the conclusion that you are dying? I have plenty of times. When I started with my symptoms because I was abroad at the time and had been swimming in a lake,  I thought I had been bitten or something. As more and more bumps appeared I showed my friend. Each day new things were happening like a pain in my leg, flu like symptoms, nausea etc and she was googling without telling me. She actually came to the conclusion that I had herpes and it had never crossed my mind! I was still in denial when I went to get swabbed ( just to rule it out) and burst into tears when they told me it was definitely herpes. I think posts like this can scare alot of people to be honest. 

I've had quite the opposite experience on many cases. Researched symtoms online by myself and came to a conclusion. Visited a doctor who told me something like "no way, it's definitely something else". Then to find out I was 100% right about my symptoms.. including having cancer. Lucky that time after my second consultation, I told the doctor I'm not gonna leave until he gives me a referral to a hospital for an ultrasound/proper tests. Came back as testicular cancer that could've been lethal if left to grow any longer. 

1 hour ago, viralfrog said:

I've had quite the opposite experience on many cases. Researched symtoms online by myself and came to a conclusion. Visited a doctor who told me something like "no way, it's definitely something else". Then to find out I was 100% right about my symptoms.. including having cancer. Lucky that time after my second consultation, I told the doctor I'm not gonna leave until he gives me a referral to a hospital for an ultrasound/proper tests. Came back as testicular cancer that could've been lethal if left to grow any longer. 

Well in your case it's a good job you researched! My cousin died from testicular cancer at 24. It just upsets me on here when I see people who've had negative tests over and over but still put their symptoms down to herpes because of posts like this. They are literally wasting their lives! If I had a negative test 8 month in or so I would start looking elsewhere for what the cause could be and take it that I didn't have herpes which I honestly wish I didn't have! I wish I had never found out that I have it. 

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

I had a very healthy life till a got it 2 months ago. I am 25y I almost never got sick before that. 

When I got it I first had a nausea, then went to sleep and in the afternoon I found the first outbreak. Nausea feeling stayed. 

Then I got vestibular neuritis feeling. When walking I was feeling like falling to the right side. (Now I don't have it anymore) Also felt depression, which I never felt before (Now I don't have it anymore, only sometimes, which never happened before) . So here are the atypical symptoms:

(all self diagnosed)

-Vestibular Neuritis 

-Nausea

-Headaches sometimes (I used to never get headaches, now if I am in an environment where children scream or loud music, I get headache.) 

-Eyelid twitching (on and off, now it stopped, let's see in the next days. ) 

But also I have to admit that this virus was also a blessing. It woke me up and my life got in a better direction. I don't wish it to anyone, but I don't think other things would have helped me change in this way. 

12 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hey @Amnprsc good news and bad news.

Good news is that none of your symptoms would appear to be related to herpes.

Bad news is you don’t know what is the cause. It does seem very stress related.

Here we list our atypical herpes symptoms. The more people will post the more we will see that actually many of us have similar atypical symptoms. I think there are a wide range of symptoms we can have depending on our body's response to this virus. When I googled my vestibular neuritis when I just got herpes I found out that other people had a similar symptom and they linked it with their herpes infection. Herpes is much more than just genital lesions. 

On 12/10/2017 at 9:23 AM, fallin said:

Our symptoms seem so different but are clearly HSV related. I wanted to share my symptoms. Wanted to know others’ as well. Please don’t hijack this thread with statements like “this isn’t herpes.”

HSV2 PCR swab positive. All blood test negative including western blot for 2 yrs.  

Genital burning without OBs constant  

4 extremity numbness and tingling with pain 

neck pain extending to chest 

Tinnitus 

insomnia from pain 

Occasional rashes that last only a day or two

generalized itching  

active bowels with bowel sounds

Please share your atypical symptoms for those who suffer badly  Thanks  

This isn't herpes.

• 5 months later...

I am still pretty early in my journey but getting closer to some answers. 
- had sex with GHSV2 positive female on 12/26/19. She had it for 14 months. She was on suppressive and I used a condom. She had had only one outbreak in April of 2019. She has been OHSV1 positive for many years, as have I. 

- I was on suppressive for OHSV1 as I was going through a lot of stress and didn’t want a cold sore. I’ve learned that that doesn’t protect you, but does impact seroconversion. 
- got flu-like symptoms 3 days later. Chills, fever and fatigue. 
- irritation of penis that I believe was urethritis which lasted for several weeks. 
- itchy from the waist down for several months. 
- pain in Genital area on and off

- small bumps intermittently uniformly all over head of penis that would come and go quickly

- pain in foreskin between head and circumcision scar. No rash so I think it is nerve related. It’s consistently in the same spot and is on my left side which is where most of my issue exist. I feel this everyday and I have for months  

- nerve pain in lower back and butt which started about 2 months in and continues to this day (4-5 months) 
- discomfort is anus ongoing. Feels like I didn’t completely clean after bowel movement, but I know I have as I use wet wipes. 
- twitching in left leg muscles which began when nerve pain started

- had a cut/sore on my butt about 6 weeks ago while I was off of suppressive that happened while I was playing golf. Not sure if it was an H lesion or I cut myself. Had it swabbed 4 days later and it was negative. Maybe too late but dr said he didn’t think it look herpetic. By the time I found it it was an open sore. I don’t know if it blistered or not. It was about the size of an eraser head and only a single sore. 
- have single pimples at various places all over my body. Haven’t had any swabbed. More than usual. Seem to be getting more on arms and shoulders. 
- I tested 2 months in with a high value for HSV1 and negative for HSV2. I did not realize at the time that suppressive impacted IGG so not surprised it was negative. 
- stopped suppressive therapy for two weeks in April, but started to feel bad so took valtrex again for two weeks. Officially stopped 5/15. 
- took second HSV2 test on 7/2 and it came back negative (7 straight weeks off of suppressive and 9 total since exposure)
- took third test on 7/17 and it came back negative ( 9 weeks straight off of suppressive and 11 total)
- took fourth test on 7/24 and it came back negative (10 weeks straight, 12 total).

- I spoke with Terri Warren last week and went over symptoms and ordered western blot (she said none of my symptoms were of concern to her). 
- I’m going to do the blood draw at 13 weeks after being off of suppressive. This will be 15 weeks total over the past 4 months. I want a little cushion due to being OHSV1 positive and given the fact that I haven’t serocoverted. 

Like many others, I have seen many doctors: 2 primary care physicians multiple times, urologist twice and he scoped my penis (horrible experience). Saw infectious disease dr. Ran all STD tests and a full physical. All said you don’t have it move on with your life. i am on celexa and Trazedone for depression, anxiety and to help me sleep. 

I was a picture of health before my exposure and I have never experienced most of these symptoms. I am 49 years old and just had my colonoscopy and it was clean. Had prostate tested and it is good. 

After reading about many others, my hypothesis is that neuralgia develops over time with people who are slow to seroconvert or don’t convert at all. I have no medical or scientific evidence to back this up, but seems plausible. One of my many fears is that my western blot is going to come back negative as I should be seeing something in my IGG tests by now. I buy in to the facts about blood tests and their accuracy, but they aren’t 100% accurate, so it is certainly possible I am a 1%er. From what I’ve read, neuropathy needs a cause. Stress only exacerbates it so it doesn’t seem as though that in and of itself is the cause. 

The good news is that I am getting close to some much needed answers over the next few weeks. I will keep this group posted on my progress. 

Edited by Runner278
7 hours ago, WSX said:

Redness on glans that never goes away

Increased urge to urinate

Red, itchy balls

Cuts on shaft of penis

Are they actual open cuts or does it just feel like they are cuts? I experience the feeling of cuts, but nothing visible.