World's Largest Herpes Support Group
BeautyLover321

Chicken pox vaccine to stop OBs??

BeautyLover321

Hey guys. So I did alot of research into the chicken pox vaccine possibly managing OBs, and I wanted to let you all know my experience. I was diagnosed in mid September but my first OB was in August. Since then, I've had 2 more OBs (one that is actually currently happening). 

Today I got the vaccine for the first time. To my knowledge, I have never had the virus (chicken pox), nor have I been vaccinated for it. I saw the French study conducted that stopped OBs for people who took the vaccine. I know the people in the study had really low VZV (chicken pox) immunity originally (as I'm assuming I do since I never had the virus).

Anyways, I took the vaccine today and I have to take the second dose next month. I was currently experiencing an OB while I took the vaccine that started healing. However, now (about 12 hours after the vaccine) I have another OB coming!! It looks small, but it's definitely there!! This has never ever happened to me, as my OBs have been super minor and there is usually a long period of time between them (at least two months). I'm thinking that my immune system is working super hard right now to fight the vaccines (cus I took an HPV vaccine too today) and it's causing an OB. But hopefully the immunity I gain for chicken pox helps me manage my OBs. I'll keep you all posted if you're interested.

PS- I'm so highly annoyed that I'm getting another OB while this one hasn't even fully healed!!!!! :( I really hope this makes things better and not worse!!! :(

What are your thoughts guys? Anyone else taken the chicken pox vaccine that could comment?

Edited by BeautyLover321

Divon

This is a live vaccine right? In that case, if getting a cold often causes an outbreak, taking a live vaccine should also. For the RVx HSV live vaccine patients will experience lots of rashes and OBs just after taking it so this could have a similar story.

SureWhyNot

You just put a whole lot into your body at once. It is trying to deal. 

Jay2255

What are you basing your thinking on regarding the chickenpox vaccine which is a different virus?  

Can an someone who’s had chickenpox already get that vaccine?

Interseting.

BeautyLover321
4 hours ago, Jay2255 said:

What are you basing your thinking on regarding the chickenpox vaccine which is a different virus?  

Can an someone who’s had chickenpox already get that vaccine?

Interseting.

Yes I think you can! I'm not even 100% sure I never got it. My mom told me I never had the pox as a kid and my immunization record says I wasn't vaccinated. So I am assuming.

Your antibodies for VZV probably died already and I don't see the vaccine making things worse. It probably would just give you a boost of immunity to chicken pox, which is good! 

I'm basing it on what I read online, I really don't personally have a theory. I read the viruses are super similar and some people experienced less to no outbreaks after taking it.

Edited by BeautyLover321

RNY18
RNY18

Any more updates on this idea ?

Worth it to get the vaccine if you've already had Chick pox ?..

@lw@ys

I've thought about this in the past. Based on the same info from the French study. I think it couldn't hurt, but I definitely would've waited till the current ob had subsided. Also my opinion on which vaccine would be most effective, if indeed it did have ANY effect would be to use Shingrix. I have read other peoples experiences with Zostivax and nobody has reported any success. These are only the ones I have read though. Maybe someone else has reported a good outcome, I just haven't seen any. I am definitely interested in hearing if this has helped, had negative or no effect at all with you. Everyone one of us has a unique immune system so I am at least hoping that will have some positive results for you. Please keep us updated. Also, if you didn't get the Shingrix vaccine, would you be interested in re-vaccinating with it? It is my understanding is that it is perfectly ok to re-vaccinate with Shingrix even after using it's predecessors. You just may want to make sure there isn't any predefined timelines and in the future I would definitely avoid any vaccinations during OB's. I am not medical provider so that is only my personal opinion by the way.