World's Largest Herpes Support Group
lali

Ob's and transmission

lali

Does anybody know the chances of transmitting the virus if u realize u have a ob the next day?

lali

We see everywhere the low chances of giving it to when no visible ob but what about if u were on prodome or ob

lali

Okay i just found my answer, its 75% chance! Oh god. Now what if there was no friction? Or if he touches with his hand and touches himself afterwards, can he catch it on his penis?

Scooby2112
1 hour ago, lali said:

Okay i just found my answer, its 75% chance! Oh god. Now what if there was no friction? Or if he touches with his hand and touches himself afterwards, can he catch it on his penis?

Lali how did you find out 75% chance.  That seems awfully high.   Were you on antivirals? Did you use a condom?   

Do you have hsv2 or hsv1?   

There is only a 5% -7% chance of women giving hsv2 to men after 100 sexual encounters in the absence of an outbreak. .  Much less risk for HSV1.  

Scooby2112

I think that number still is high.  Depends on the contact and type of friction involved and where the outbreak is.  

IcantThinkofaName

I think that number (75%)seems reasonable for an active OB/almost active OB,   but doesn't the skin have to be damaged or a mucous membrane for it to enter in?

IcantThinkofaName

Thats how I think I got my infection. Had sex, and my BF got a sore the next day.  Then I got a  UTI in a few days and a primary OB about 10 days  from that sexual encounter.

However its easier for girls to get it from guys.

If he washed off  with soap right after sex maybe he won't get it.

Scooby2112

Mucous membrane or an area of friction to help push the virus into the skin.  

When you have an outbreak you don't shed in all places.  And there has to be enough shedding for enough viral copies to make it over and establish an infection.  

Only thing you can do is watch and wait about thirty days (but if nothing in two weeks likely in the clear). 

lali

I wasnt shedding the virus i clearly had small sores that were barely unnoticeable. Im even wondering if they were there the night of. His penis barely touched. But he did finger me and probably touched himself afterwards. If he touch a lesion and touched his dick after chances are he will get infected right? 

Edited by lali

Scooby2112
27 minutes ago, lali said:

I wasnt shedding the virus i clearly had small sores that were barely unnoticeable. Im even wondering if they were there the night of. His penis barely touched. But he did finger me and probably touched himself afterwards. If he touch a lesion and touched his dick after chances are he will get infected right? 

Touching a sore and making incidental genital contact is a very very low likelihood.  If he were to have masturbated some way rubbed and grinded the skin after touching it may have made it through the skin to infect.  

Edited by Scooby2112

lali

Im getting so confuse and im not sure what to believe. Can he get it by barely slightly touching a sore with the top of his penis, or touching me and touching himself after if i had a sore. Or if i touch myself and touch his dick if i have a sore. Are those highly acts for him to catch it? 

lali
14 minutes ago, Scooby2112 said:

Touching a sore and making incidental genital contact is a very very low likelihood.  If he were to have masturbated morn8ing some way rubbed and grinded the skin after touching it may haveade it through the skin to infect.  

I hope i didnt touch my sores too much then because i ended up giving him a blowjob which includes me using ny hand i used to try and cover my gentials when his dick got too close. 

Edited by lali

Scooby2112

Hsv needs enough viral copies to.establish an infection.  It also has to breach the skin barrier.  

This is usually accomplished by sexual intercourse which causes significant friction/rubbing/micro tears to allow viral transmission.  

Hsv does not live long without being in n a host - people say it's a matter of seconds.  So touching a sore without an opening in the skin or friction or rubbing is unlikely to cause infection.  

Cas9

@lali

If his penis comes within 2.2 inches of your vagina, he could get infected!!!

JUST KIDDING :)

lali
7 minutes ago, Scooby2112 said:

Hsv needs enough viral copies to.establish an infection.  It also has to breach the skin barrier.  

This is usually accomplished by sexual intercourse which causes significant friction/rubbing/micro tears to allow viral transmission.  

Hsv does not live long without being in n a host - people say it's a matter of seconds.  So touching a sore without an opening in the skin or friction or rubbing is unlikely to cause infection.  

Then why would people talk about being careful to not toucha lesion and touch your eyes afterwards if its not a way of transmittion. Thats why im so confuse. Dont forget that i was wet (sorry for details) wouldnt that preserve the virus even if outside of the body?

1 minute ago, Cas9 said:

@lali

If his penis comes within 2.2 inches of your vagina, he could get infected!!!

JUST KIDDING :)

Hahaha...hey thats not funny! Lol

Cas9
3 minutes ago, lali said:

Hahaha...hey thats not funny! Lol

Then why are you laughing? :)

Humor is always good.

IcantThinkofaName
4 minutes ago, lali said:

Then why would people talk about being careful to not toucha lesion and touch your eyes afterwards if its not a way of transmittion. Thats why im so confuse. Dont forget that i was wet (sorry for details) wouldnt that preserve the virus even if outside of the body?

I think warm skin(body temp) keeps the virus alive. It will die if its too hot/cold on inanimate objects. I heard that somewhere but not sure how scientific it is

Scooby2112

Thanks for the detail.  I am glad you were ariused.  Nothing wrong with arouaal. We all deserve sexual fulfillment.  

Hsv isn't the same as viruses like HIV or hepatitis that spread through bodily fluids/blood.  Hsv is a nerve disorder.  It requires a suitable host which is the nerves of your body. Wetness is not really as much of a significant factor as it is for fluid passed viruses.  

Clearly just because there is a low risk doesn't mean that you dont want to prevent the potential transmission and keep you and your partner safe.  So yes I wouldn't encourage trying.  Also locations such as eyes and mucus membranes are thinner and easier to infect.  Ocular infection can lead to blindness so it's important to not touch your eyes.  

Scooby2112
6 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

@Scooby2112

What's sad?  Where's your sense of humor?

I appreciate humor.  But in a situation where someone is having significant difficulty and concern I didn't think it was appropriate.  

Just my feeling.  

Cas9
3 minutes ago, Scooby2112 said:

I appreciate humor.  But in a situation where someone is having significant difficulty and concern I didn't think it was appropriate.  

Just my feeling.  

Agree that it's not always a good idea, but given the responses, I think she is now more calmed down about the situation, so throwing in some humor at that point is OK; in my opinion.

Scooby2112

Agree.  Hopefully it diffused the situation of getting worked up about a very low risk exposure.